Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Cool. More gun trolling.

Maybe we’ll solve it this time

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    As a gun owner I'm all in favor of waiting periods, magazine limits, background checks, closing gun show loopholes, and open minded about any new ideas that others have.

But interesting to note that if she hadn't purchased the gun at a store, ie from someone off the net, or in an alley etc, the FBI possibly wouldn't have known she was in Denver.
    Rideski can store his firearms in a locker at the gun range, requesting permission form the government to use it for generic target practice when the government deems it appropriate. The rest of us will follow the letter and intent of the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights.

There's no such thing as a gun show loophole. Pelosi and Feinstein have you up their asses. Mag limits don't reduce damage. 'Mass shootings' have been deadly with low capacity mags. And this chick had a federal and CO background check completed to purchase the shotgun. That did a great job of stopping things from happening.

Simply confronting her when the FBI knew she was a potential threat would have kept this whole drama from occurring. Her parents are complicit as well if they now are saying she was a wack job and did nothing to help her. Like a vast majority of these types of people, planning to murder, their intentions have been blatantly posted and the authorities, friends and family do nothing to intervene. Laws won't fix this. Morals and societal breakdown have allowed these things to play out.

London has a higher murder and violent crime rate than NYC...yet their firearm laws are extremely strict.

Firearms were more plentiful and commonly handled decades ago and there weren't people doing these things. Guys had rifles and shotguns in their pickup window racks at school all the time and no schools were shot up. It's a breakdown of society and lack of compassion that's creating these individuals.

A whole lot of correlation proves causation logic going on in GGS arguement. I'm assuming this is normal? Need some actual statistics to back that up son. Even then the relationships are likely to be coincidental.

I thought it was common knowledge here, but I have amended my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Never, ever, read the comments, or respond to GGS.

There’s so much flawed logic and brainwashed bullshit in his previous post it’s laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge here, but I have amended my earlier post.
    You, sir, are wise beyond your years...

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    A whole lot of correlation proves causation logic going on in GGS arguement. I'm assuming this is normal? Need some actual statistics to back that up son. Even then the relationships are likely to be coincidental.
    Stats don't back his claims up, it's all cherrypicking. There was a short time late February and early March 2018 in London, for example, when the murder rate spiked slightly and the rate was higher but has since reverted to the historical average with it lower in London than NY. The real story is how much safer NY has become.

The next argument typically revolves around violent crime being higher but various countries categorize crimes differently so it's a nonsensical comparison. The constant calls for more Big Brother FBI domestic interventions against "potential threats" in order to protect freedom is also a weird paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    There’s so much flawed logic and brainwashed bullshit in his previous post it’s laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Too much lead paint chips as a child.

I don't know about Colorado's law in particular but the way most red flag laws work is that when a complaint is made to the police they judge the credibility of the complaint--the same way they do for any other complaint, eg domestic violence--and decide whether to confiscate the guns. The confiscation is time limited--60 days comes to mind but I'm not sure about that--and to continue the hold LE has to go before a judge with evidence; otherwise the person gets the guns back.

Does anyone actually research and read anymore, or just text and rant on the internet?

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/defau...a_1177_enr.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Does anyone actually research and read anymore, or just text and rant on the internet?

Why would I want to do that? I can learn everything I need to know from random people on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    It's a breakdown of society and lack of compassion that's creating these individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    It's none of those things.You're another of those absorbing the MSM and the leftist politicians working to remove rights from the citizens
    3. None of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

And why would I want to bother to read the Colorado law? I'm not in Colorado. The Colorado people can read their own damn law, I'll read mine. (Actually I won't. If I know of someone who might need their guns removed I'll call the police and let them read the law. But what I know of our law--summarized in the newspaper--seems common-sense and Constitutionally defensible, a reasonable compromise between exigent circumstances [I learned that phrase watching L and O] and due process.)

Thanks MTM. Easy read.

Seems fair enough, submit a sworn affidavit with reasons why, and a judge rules - like a protection order hearing - but accompanied by a search warrant for the guns? That's a pretty decent bit of oversight, no? This doesn't offend me. I'm no dentist, but this seems pretty above board and reasonable to me too.

The mental health piece is the hot potato - guns are just a tool. People have found other tools too .. cars or knives or planes or bombs or whatever.

No argument, laws alone aren't near enough to cure what ails us. But sensible prevention has room for a little legislation.