Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    The girl was going turkey hunting naked in a very unpopulated area and the state closes half the schools.
    FIFY.

As a gun owner I'm all in favor of waiting periods, magazine limits, background checks, closing gun show loopholes, and open minded about any new ideas that others have.

But interesting to note that if she hadn't purchased the gun at a store, ie from someone off the net, or in an alley etc, the FBI possibly wouldn't have known she was in Denver.

GGS is on a real posting spree today. Sky must be free of chemtrails so he feels it's safe to be on the internet today.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    GGS is on a real posting spree today. Sky must be free of chemtrails so he feels it's safe to be on the internet today.
    The MAX 8s are grounded so they can't release the new stuff anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Dammit, you told me you were going to keep quiet about this!

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Everyone you know knew? Do you know this chick or people that knew her?

People in FL that were interviewed that knew her said she was quiet, a good student, didn't show signs of being wacked out. Her parents said the same. Keep up. Then move somewhere freedom isn't valued.
    Her website and journal entries say something very different. Her dad said she had mental issues. The FBI was already monitoring her.

Why we can’t get sensible gun control to prevent someone with this kind of background from buying a gun is beyond me. I know it doesn’t solve the problem but it would help in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    As a gun owner I'm all in favor of waiting periods, magazine limits, background checks, closing gun show loopholes, and open minded about any new ideas that others have.

But interesting to note that if she hadn't purchased the gun at a store, ie from someone off the net, or in an alley etc, the FBI possibly wouldn't have known she was in Denver.
    Because you have common sense and you're not paranoid about Obama coming to take your guns. I have several good friends that own guns and have no issues with laws making it more difficult to obtain a gun because they're good people and it will not effect them.

The gun lobby and their propaganda machine have many on the hook.

Ditto. They were on to her before the purchase though. She booked 3 one-way flights in 3 consecutive days.

All for longer waiting periods for all. Sure it prevents buying on a whim, but most purchases are thought out and can deal with the wait. Not for higher age limits. The majority of young buyers are not your next school or workplace shooter and shouldn't be punished for the few that are. The longer waiting period, perhaps coupled with local notification of your impending purchase, should keep guns out of most nutters hands.
    Mental issues are what kills.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Dammit, you told me you were going to keep quiet about this!
    I had the day off today. I'll get back at it on Friday.

Name:  chemtrails_onon.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  18.9 KB

The matrix is chemtrailz!

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Well the FBI obviously knew. Since as soon as it was recorded that she had bought a gun in CO, their flag went up on the person they were monitoring.

If she had to wait 2 weeks to get the gun, there would have been time to intervene. Instead, half a million kids missed a day of school and had another threat of fatal violence added to their experience.
    Hmm, kinda sounds like she terrified a bunch of people. Spread mass terror. What would we call someone like that? She was a terrorist for a day!

If the FBI knew she was a threat, and even her own family knew she was unstable, how was she able to purchase a gun? Why is the reaction shutting down every school in the state, instead of stopping 1 crazy terrorist from buying a gun? This is a silly (sad, unfortunate) case of shifting the burden to the masses, spreading terror, when common sense (not selling firearms to crazy people that fantasize about mass murder) would have made it a non-issue.

She was a completely depressed teen with a very large affliction of existential angst.

I don't think there is legislation for that. Parenting and counseling, maybe?

The people I know with serious mental issues--ie psychoses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, severe depression--have or had good parents and were raised well within normal limits. Abuse--mental, physical, sexual, neglectful--can certainly lead to serious mental problems, but of a different nature, not the running around naked in the woods sort. These illnesses are unexplained ("chemical imbalance" is just another way of saying unexplained) and heartbreaking for the parents, who naturally blame themselves and who frequently, no matter how much they love the person, cannot keep them in their lives. It's usually law enforcement who wind up dealing with these folks, or coroners.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The people I know with serious mental issues--ie psychoses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, severe depression--have or had good parents and were raised well within normal limits. Abuse--mental, physical, sexual, neglectful--can certainly lead to serious mental problems, but of a different nature, not the running around naked in the woods sort. These illnesses are unexplained ("chemical imbalance" is just another way of saying unexplained) and heartbreaking for the parents, who naturally blame themselves and who frequently, no matter how much they love the person, cannot keep them in their lives. It's usually law enforcement who wind up dealing with these folks, or coroners.
    Our biological systems are a delicate balance. It’s surprising we work as well as we do given the blizzard of environmental stressors in which we exist.

The processes that form connections and networks could be sluggish and ineffective and make you a moron (every morning you trip on the same brown rug) or they can be extremely efficient so you connect data so well the world becomes nonsense (brown rugs, like ups...they’re everywhere making us trip, CIA!!! There’s a brown car!!)

Just like immune response...too little you go septic and die, too much you have lupus and die.

Narrow space in these delicate ornate biological systems, lots of room for failure.

It’s sad to me this ended with a dead girl. Too much wild west fatalistic bullshit left in this culture for my taste. It’s all fun and games until you’re naked and dead in the woods. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Because you have common sense and you're not paranoid about Obama coming to take your guns. I have several good friends that own guns and have no issues with laws making it more difficult to obtain a gun because they're good people and it will not effect them.

The gun lobby and their propaganda machine have many on the hook.

Thanks. Just for the sake of the conversation though, our new Gov just signed a law a few days ago called reg flag, where the cops have the right to come in and take guns if deemed a threat. Article suggested they might take 100-150 a year. I suppose I'm in favor of that as well, although that clearly is the start of the slippery slope thing. Pretty far fetched to think I might be falsely accused of something which would cause them to take mine, and even if they did I guess I'd have other bigger problems. But it appears the start of the taking of guns is happening. Again, I'm in favor of it as it stands now.

Also not that I really care but one of the few articles I've read about the Sol chick is that the cops have no idea where the naked rumor started.

This whole sitch must suck something awful for her parents. Can't even imagine.

Spoiler alert: she wasn't naked. Apparently the media picked the story up from a bystander at Echo Lake who had never been in contact with Sol. Sad ending like so many others drawn to this area to swallow a gun. Apparently the first time she'd ever seen snow.

I got to tell Dog the Bounty Hunter to pound sand yesterday. Could have turned out a lot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

I got to tell Dog the Bounty Hunter to pound sand yesterday.
    I’m sorry but no, I’m not going to let this slip past without requesting, no...demanding....details on this one.

x2

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’m sorry but no, I’m not going to let this slip past without requesting, no...demanding....details on this one.
    Seems like we had calls from every major media outlet yesterday, plus a ton of concerned residents, but at least Dog offered assistance. Not sure the Sheriff's Office or FBI needed someone else out post-holing and covering the tracks that eventually lead to the subject. Apparently the timing of recent snowfall greatly assisted with her being located.

I think I saw something in my fb feed the other day about this being close to the anniversary of the McManus's going missing in the same vicinity in 2014. Took something like 4 months to locate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Just for the sake of the conversation though, our new Gov just signed a law a few days ago called reg flag, where the cops have the right to come in and take guns if deemed a threat.
    Something like that here too. I heard a percent of sheriff's have publicly said they won't enforce it.
    I don't know that much about how it works.. is there a hearing or a court order to 'deem' someone a threat, like a protection order, and then cops go and forcefully take their guns? That sounds .. hazardous.
    What do they do with the guns then?

It'd suck for a spiteful ex in a divorce/custody battle to inappropriately 'raise a red flag' .. so I wonder what the check/balance is.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Something like that here too. I heard a percent of sheriff's have publicly said they won't enforce it.
    I don't know that much about how it works.. is there a hearing or a court order to 'deem' someone a threat, like a protection order, and then cops go and forcefully take their guns? That sounds .. hazardous.
    What do they do with the guns then?

It'd suck for a spiteful ex in a divorce/custody battle to inappropriately 'raise a red flag' .. so I wonder what the check/balance is.
    Yeah. In theory this sounds like a good thing, but executing that policy could be extremely dangerous for the police.

If the person is wrongfully accused, then hopefully they have a head on their shoulders and will proceed according to the law and get their guns back. Then go shoot the mutherfucker who screwed them over

The ATF raided my sketchy neighbor in salt lake to seize his firearms. It went fine. It’s not really any different operationally than stuff that happens fairly regularly like apprehending a murder suspect or any kind of SWAT standoff. It’s serious business, but also bread-and-butter every day stuff for swat or US Marshalls or that kind of outfit.

Law enforcement claiming they can’t handle it is just bullshit politics. For some law enforcement agency to claim they’re not equipped to handle disarming someone is more or less them admitting they don’t know how to deal with crime at all.
    Oh, you can’t disarm people. Guess that’s a good place to go rob a bank then. wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Her website and journal entries say something very different. Her dad said she had mental issues. The FBI was already monitoring her.

Why we can’t get sensible gun control to prevent someone with this kind of background from buying a gun is beyond me. I know it doesn’t solve the problem but it would help in my opinion.
    So infringe on the rights of all citizens is the call instead of confronting the one person already known to be a potential threat. How is that commonsense, logical, fair or legal?

It's none of those things. You're another of those absorbing the nonsense spewed by the MSM and the leftist politicians working to remove rights from the citizens, making the society as a whole weaker. There will never be a consensus on this. And those of us who believe this is contrary to the basis of the USA will never allow these things to happen.

Only about 4% of rifle and magazine owners in New York registered their belongings even though not registering makes them alleged felons. About the same in CT when the unconstitutional law was pushed through.