Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    It was 30 meters (100 feet) down, pretty deep. Apparently it took quite an effort on SAR's part to get him out, as you would imagine. Just a sad, sad story. Condolences to all his family and friends. This has to hit Dan and Daryl pretty hard, too. Damn....
    I wasn’t there but I was filming Dave with the rest of the crew last week in the same zone and scheduled to go back in with his whole family next week. I talked on the phone first thing this morning with someone who was there with Dave when it happened and through the rescue. He said about 30 feet. Doesn’t matter what it actually was. Deep enough. Everything was done right in the moment. They initiated a rescue and were in the crevasse very quickly. Sounds like he passed instantly.

Please support Tessa and the kids.
    They lived on very little. They are going to need all the help they can right now. Being a pro skier does not leave a lot of savings. Single Mom with 3 boys who take after Dave is not easy going. She is going to have to be a complete champion. https://ca.gofundme.com/support-for-the-treadway-family

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Never hear of a mom dying in an avi and leaving dad with the kids.
    And let's hope we never do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Hard to believe. Such an inspirational skier, father, Jesus-follower and mentor.
    RIP a million times.
    Many condolences to all his family and a million vibes to his wife and kids and community.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Sad that one footstep in the wrong spot leads to death. Vibes going out to family and friends during this time of loss.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

condolences to his family and friends for this loss.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wow, never met the guy, but so sorry to hear about a seemingly freak accident.

Wish I could be there to help support the community effort and be part of that rad ski family up in BC.

Hope Dave's wife and kids will be able to move on and the BC ski family rally around the Treadway's to support and be family for Tessa and the kids.

I'll do my part, albeit a small part, but hope it helps some.

Out of the Shadows is probably my favorite ski flick of all time. Super sad to have lost Maxim and now Dave.

Dammit.

RIP Dave.

Days without incident: 0

My thoughts are with his family, and especially his kids. He posted about them all the time on Instagram, all their great adventures.

Be safe out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

very sad
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

So sorry to hear this. Positive thoughts with his family and friends.

with a young (8 mths) son myself, and following him and his families adventures on insta, this one hit pretty hard....heart breaking for his family and close friends....2 degrees of separation again, lots of friends reeling from another huge loss for our community

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    I wasn’t there but I was filming Dave with the rest of the crew last week in the same zone and scheduled to go back in with his whole family next week. I talked on the phone first thing this morning with someone who was there with Dave when it happened and through the rescue. He said about 30 feet. Doesn’t matter what it actually was. Deep enough. Everything was done right in the moment. They initiated a rescue and were in the crevasse very quickly. Sounds like he passed instantly.
    The news reports I've read said 30M but, like you say, it's irrelevant. Deep enough. That had to be especially hard for the SAR guys as I think he worked with them some, didn't he? I'm sure they did all they could as fast as they could but, if the injuries were so substantial that he was gone that quickly, they couldn't have done any more. I hope they all can rest with the knowledge that they could do no more than they did. The outcome was already established. Sad for all involved.

They lived on very little. They are going to need all the help they can right now. Being a pro skier does not leave a lot of savings. Single Mom with 3 boys who take after Dave is not easy going. She is going to have to be a complete champion. https://ca.gofundme.com/support-for-the-treadway-family
    Done. I feel so badly for her and the kids. She's going to have a rough go of it for awhile. I hope she's able to find peace.

Donated.

I skied with Dave once at Great Canadian Heli-skiing. Fantastic guy. In recent years, I followed his family on instagram and marveled at Kasper's development at such a young age, and why not, with a dad like Dave. It inspired me to be outdoors more with my four year old son. I will miss that, and I can't even imagine how Kasper & Raffi's life will change as a result of this. My heart goes out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Out of the Shadows is probably my favorite ski flick of all time. Super sad to have lost Maxim and now Dave.
    Two guys I have had so many amazing adventures with, and were super inspiring individuals for completely different reasons. That film was just a small selection of them. Hard to wrap my head around both of them going in simple "not dangerous" ways compared to all the crazy things they had done. Sometimes it's just a numbers game in risky environments.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    That had to be especially hard for the SAR guys as I think he worked with them some, didn't he? I'm sure they did all they could as fast as they could but, if the injuries were so substantial that he was gone that quickly, they couldn't have done any more.
    Dave was a member of Pemberton SAR when they lived there. His brother Daryl is a current member. As most people know mobilizing SAR even as fast as possible takes over an hour. The guys who were there with Dave at the time of him going in were into the crevasse very quickly. They are experienced as it gets. They believe it was instant.

Thank you so much for contributing. It will make the burden a little less on the family.

^^ Thanks for the insight information on this. Makes it a little clearer. I've met Dan before, heli-skiing in Revelstoke for a Rossignol film session. Great guy. I didn't know Dave or Daryl at all other than through some friends from filming. They both have skied with my friends but on trips I couldn't make so I missed out. But, I know from all I've heard from others that like Dan, both are really down to earth, fun-loving, good guys. So sad for the entire clan. My condolences to you, too since you're apparently pretty close to all of them.

How can you not give a little bit?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 10.49.54 PM.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	278899
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^ ^ ^
    This. So sad, so shitty. Condolences to all who were touched by this, especially wife and kids. Fuck, stay safe out there eh.

Just watched "Out of the Shadows" again last night as a remembrance to Dave, skied a few laps yesterday also for him and saw a little black bear emerging from its winter slumber den and thought of Dave and his connection to the mountains and the natural world.

I'm not a terribly religious guy, but this verse he speaks in the film speaks words

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth."

This popped up on my Insta feed today. He is the editor of Snowboard Canada and a serious shredder himself. Worth a read
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwXZQzMgXzM/

edit:
    Two days ago I was involved in the accident that took Dave Treadway’s life. I had just met Dave, but we were vibing– his positivity was infectious, and we connected right away. When he fell in the crevasse the crew responded quickly and effectively. Thanks to preparation, experience, and understanding of the situation, we were able to attempt a rescue. As Dave was unresponsive, I entered the crevasse on belay, reaching him within 25 minutes of the fall. What followed was difficult, but I can honestly say that if there had been a chance of saving him we would have. Dave made respectable decisions throughout the day. Hours before the accident we backed off of the bigger, higher consequence lines in the area due to concerns about snowpack stability, and Dave was proud to pull back. These accidents often come with questions, uncertainties, even blame. I’m posting to reassure the community that Dave did not die recklessly. He was in his element and joyful the entire time I knew him, and it was an honour to do what I could. My love and condolences to his family, and thank you to all involved in the response. It’s a solemn gaze at the mountains for all of us today.

Wasn't going to be the one to post it, but pretty heavy write up by dmac. Big props to him for sharing that. Sad time all across BC this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    I can’t say enough positive things about Dave. Amazing skier but an even more amazing farther and husband. This one hits incredible close to home for me. Dave was one of the few guys that I always trusted in the backcountry and he always made good conservative decisions. His level of skill and experience was incredible especially with all of the experience he had on the Pemberton search and rescue team. This was a fluke accident and it’s devastating that the Treadway family lost such an amazing person way too soon. Attachment 278780Attachment 278781Attachment 278782Attachment 278783
    sad

I think the top Photo is one of the top Ski Pics of all time.. was either a cover or a in a feature - prob ski magazine ..those weak bastards did a good write up on the Treads once
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

A few shots from Dave's last week along with some good stories of adventures over the years. Couldn't figure out the embed so links for now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxBLltel..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDNnZ5l..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxGpbZDF..._web_copy_link

A few shots from Dave's last week along with some good stories of adventures over the years. Couldn't figure out the embed so links for now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxBLltel..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDNnZ5l..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxGpbZDF..._web_copy_link
    great posts. thanks for the links. that was good to read.

After watching this video of his Celebration of Life last week I thought about sharing here but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. I'm still not sure it is, and anyone who feels it's not should please pm me and I'll nuke it. Some of the footage of he and his family really showed, to me, what an amazing skier, person and father he became. Never had the honor to meet him, but after listening to Tessa and the others it's an honor to put a few bucks in the fund for them. +++vibes+++ to all his friends and family.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5VXeAWk3uc
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    After watching this video of his Celebration of Life last week I thought about sharing here but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. I'm still not sure it is, and anyone who feels it's not should please pm me and I'll nuke it. Some of the footage of he and his family really showed, to me, what an amazing skier, person and father he became. Never had the honor to meet him, but after listening to Tessa and the others it's an honor to put a few bucks in the fund for them. +++vibes+++ to all his friends and family.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5VXeAWk3uc
    No, it's exactly the right thing to do. It's on Youtube so is public and, presumably, there for the public to watch. There are many here who could in no way make the celebration of life for Dave but still would choose to celebrate his life. I, for one, appreciate your sharing this. This is a great tribute to aid in that. Thanks for putting it up, it's a great statement of a life well lived. RIP, Dave and all the best to his family and friends who are grieving him.