Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Yup, I play hockey with the dude. About as nice as they come, I had no idea. Respect the hustle.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Ha, so they are also pirates on top of everything else.
    Lmfao! Well played sir. And, nobodies coming after your 3 season old skis. I would relax if I had some in my quiver (not that i do, fuck quit staring...).

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Yup, I play hockey with the dude.
    How's his wrench?
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Has GeoMatt checked in?

Some bus passengers said there was a manhunt going on over in Colorado.

PM's are full so here goes: When we get to Mexico, make your way to a little town South of an epic point break and ask Pedro where all the husky latin women hang out.

You got this Matt! See you down south!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    PM's are full so here goes: When we get to Mexico, make your way to a little town South of an epic point break and ask Pedro where all the husky latin women hang out.
    man that's a blast from the past, italics and everything.

Damn I’m glad Yeti’s still in here
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

One more indicator that ebay is the biggest clearing house of stolen shit on earth.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Funny shit that. And Craigslist is a Super pimp

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    One more indicator that ebay is the biggest clearing house of stolen shit on earth.
    For kicks I searched eBay for their policy on stolen goods. It's short and vague to the nth degree..

Selling stolen property is against the law and we will contact law enforcement if an attempt is made to list stolen property on our site.

We'll also support any investigation of sellers who violate this policy.
    https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/p...policy?id=4334
    Nowhere does it guarantee any recourse for the naive purchaser of said stolen goods.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    ...ask Pedro where all the husky latin women hang out.
    El Thicca
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Imagine a whole army of people, going around, collecting the stolen skis. Well, boss, we lost $2.4 million in skis we never got. We spent 4.2 million getting about 250 pairs of skis back and we sold those for anywhere between $1.00 and $250.00 depending on condition. Of, course, we had to run an operation to inspect and ship teh skis for the sale, that was about $300,000.00. in the end I think that we have determined that principle is a luxury item in this business.

They're fucking consumables. "What happened to the skis?!?!?!?!?" I fucking skied on them until they died and I pitched them. I got a tent I could sell you though.

I'd offer to run the whole operation for 24K/month, salary.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Imagine a whole army of people, going around, collecting the stolen skis. Well, boss, we lost $2.4 million in skis we never got. We spent 4.2 million getting about 250 pairs of skis back and we sold those for anywhere between $1.00 and $250.00 depending on condition. Of, course, we had to run an operation to inspect and ship teh skis for the sale, that was about $300,000.00. in the end I think that we have determined that principle is a luxury item in this business.

They're fucking consumables. "What happened to the skis?!?!?!?!?" I fucking skied on them until they died and I pitched them. I got a tent I could sell you though.

I'd offer to run the whole operation for 24K/month, salary.
    The good news is we can deduct all that as business expenses AND raise premiums across the board!

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    El Thicca
    Bueno, en realidad, no. La Thicca! o Playa Gordita!

Ha! This thread just got good.

@SJG, the actual value of the skis is close to zero (and would be negative after the cost of recovery), while the book value is still something. Nobody who understands money is coming after them or the customers.

GIVE ME BACK MY SKIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!

These are worth some money! they say "parabolic" and "extreme" on them.

We'll need a private asset recovery team to do door to door. Pinkerton is a good name in the business. Excuse me sir, you DO know who Mr. Aspen is don't you? Can you describe what he looks like? Does he look like a bitch? Then WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCK HIM????!!!!

Ok, ok, take the K2s, but leave the bindings!!!! please!!!!!

Fine. Oh. HOLY SHIT.

What?

DID YOU SKI on these, huh, MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?!?

Uh, maybe a little.

This is a fucking CORE SHOT!!! You have fucked up now. I'll let you explain the condition of these to the boss.

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!!!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Pffft, mine are Kevlar, Bulletproof FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Ha! This thread just got good.

@SJG, the actual value of the skis is close to zero (and would be negative after the cost of recovery), while the book value is still something. Nobody who understands money is coming after them or the customers.
    Well I also said 3 years old they don't care but 3 weeks ago and maybe. Also worth noting is that it said somewhere that some of these were large bulk transactions, probably to resellers. They'll certainly go that far... if someone bought 50 pairs they'll probably get a call.

Talk about leaving a paper trail. What an idiot. eBay acct probably makes it federal too. Wire fraud etc.

But will his eBay rating suffer?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    But will his eBay rating suffer?
    he's no longer a registered user, but his rating is still great! https://www.ebay.ca/usr/sportandski
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Nowhere does it guarantee any recourse for the naive purchaser of said stolen goods.

bonafide purchaser for value yadda yadda yadda

Buncha 1L's in this thread. Carry on.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Buncha 1L's in this thread. Carry on.
    Rootskier allegedly passed his first year exams. Allegedly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We'll need a private asset recovery team to do door to door.
    Then there's the asset disposition team. Going to need 100 plus heads to operate and will require a lot of boxes. The boxes!!

Updated story

6000 pairs of skis???? Hard to believe, wonder how many pair total that Aspen buys a year?

https://www.aspendailynews.com

On Dec. 20, Minniti went to the defendants’ Aspen home and reported that, while Derek Johnson was cooperative, when he opened up a computer on which he said records were stored, “there were some documents and spreadsheets open … and Derek attempted to close the documents without saving them.”

The detective wrote that he took control of the computer, photographed the documents, shut the device down and unplugged it. A spreadsheet “showed the Johnsons currently [had] approximately $101,873 in credit card debt and owe approximately $294,367 in ‘other,’” the warrant says. There were also allegedly multiple spreadsheets from different years outlining eBay business expenses and sales from 2010 through 2018 that range from $1,437 in 2010 to a high of $440,232 in 2017. The years total $2.1 million in sales.

Police also used a search warrant for the storage unit and allegedly found $224,067 in inventory. The equipment was returned to the SkiCo. Derek Johnson told police that SkiCo officials were unaware he had restarted the side business and that his wife did not know where he was obtaining the merchandise.

After getting a winning bid on eBay, the couple also allegedly used SkiCo shipping boxes to complete the deal. At $7 a box for nearly 6,000 sales, the company was bilked of just under $42,000, the warrant says.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Rootskier allegedly passed his first year exams. Allegedly.
    Over here reading the law with Kim K., her notes on UCC 2-403 are super fucked, so back off bitches.