Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a car

I wanted a bigger one, that's all.

hm.. each Costco is a little different. There are 2 in my area I do not like. If I wanted a new kitchen sink I wouldn’t go to Costco I guess because you’re right.. they offer 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Then... you didn't get it, right?

EASY!

The strangest thing is the lack of selection, though. I thought, hmmm, what do I need besides a gallon of blueberries, since I love blueberries. I said, a toaster oven!, because my old one just, well, toasted. They only had one. I mean, c'mon. Amazon has like, 50.
    Probably needs it's own thread rather than cunting Benny's one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Don't forget the ~$15 Head gloves. No, they're not Hestras, but hard to beat at that price point. I love Costco.

Asparagus and Pork Chops.

So, while you reverse sear the pork chops in the oven:

Dry brine the chops at least an hour in advance (or none, if you like, it just helps) with plenty of kosher salt (2 tsp per side per chop) and your favorite combination of red pepper seasoning. add some black pepper. Keep them in the fridge until about 20 minutes before cooking. Rest on teh counter while the oven pre-heats.

Heat the oven to 200f.

Place the porkchops on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness.

At this point, start heating up your cast iron skillet. When your chops have have about 10 minutes left in the oven, start the asparagus in the toaster oven.

Once the chops have reached an internal temperature of about 120f (I prefer somethign more like 90-100f for medium), take them out of the oven and sear them for about 2 minutes per side in the hot cast iron (235C at least). Oil or butter helps but dont put it in too soon or it burns. You're doing it right if its smoking a bit. Rest under foil and prepare to serve.

Now how you cook the spargel in the toaster oven.

line the little toaster oven tray with foil and put the spargel on it. Add in some nice olive oil, good amount of salt and some fresh ground black pepper. Minced garlic or pressed garlic is nice too. Toss the asparagus around in the mixture to get the oil and salt spread evenly. Spread them evenly on the tray and then grade some fresh parmesan cheese over them. Cook at 425f for about 10 to 12 minutes. Rest in open air and serve.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Asparagus needs to be blanched before dehydrating. We made the mistake of not doing it last summer and had to deal with asparagus that was tough as hell after rehydrating.

I've started blanching my asparagus for 5 minutes before frying as well. Faster cook times, nice and crispy and light but still gives you that stir fry flavor. I imagine it would be the same thing with a toaster oven. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Don't forget the ~$15 Head gloves. No, they're not Hestras, but hard to beat at that price point. I love Costco.
    Take them over to Lids and have them add a "stra." Only the sharp-eyed will notice.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ah ha! finally some good advice! do you think it helps for other stemmy veggies like broccoli? I got this boss Cebela's dehydrator with like 10 racks and its a bit overwhelming. I gotta make some Jerky but I'm also looking to bring the backpacking meals to the next level this summer using this thing.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Asparagus needs to be blanched before dehydrating. We made the mistake of not doing it last summer and had to deal with asparagus that was tough as hell after rehydrating.

I've started blanching my asparagus for 5 minutes before frying as well. Faster cook times, nice and crispy and light but still gives you that stir fry flavor. I imagine it would be the same thing with a toaster oven. YMMV.
    Does your pee stink?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    7 pages in. How can it be nobody here has a viable suggestion yet? Are all you upper middle class twits so out of touch with the real needs of the average man that you can't help this man find a car?
    WTF?
    First: this is teh TRG's, where the thread drift is the thing.
    Second: Sportwagon, Alltrack, CX3 or 5, TourX, and Fusion are not good options? He wants a not-tall AWD vehicle to put a bike in, that's not too expensive.
    Third: Fuck the average man BS.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Ah ha! finally some good advice! do you think it helps for other stemmy veggies like broccoli? I got this boss Cebela's dehydrator with like 10 racks and its a bit overwhelming. I gotta make some Jerky but I'm also looking to bring the backpacking meals to the next level this summer using this thing.
    Marinara sauce on parchment paper dries really well for backpacking. So does salsa. Lean ground meat does too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Absolutely. We don't with things like peppers and mushrooms. Dehydrating your backpacking food is super addictive and we are just coming into our season here. We have the Excalibur with the 10 year warranty - perfect for upper middle class types with no time to change out broken fans, fancy digital timer that lets you dial back the temp during the cycle without checking moisture levels. Love it. If you don't already have it...get this book. Recipes for Adventure

7 pages in. How can it be nobody here has a viable suggestion yet? Are all you upper middle class twits so out of touch with the real needs of the average man that you can't help this man find a car?
    I already said Buick!
    I still call it The Jake.

The strangest thing is the lack of selection, though. I thought, hmmm, what do I need besides a gallon of blueberries, since I love blueberries. I said, a toaster oven!, because my old one just, well, toasted. They only had one. I mean, c'mon. Amazon has like, 50.
    Think about this one, Benny.

With the dent?
    Reflection of a towel.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Think about this one, Benny.
    Well, yeah, just ordered one from Amazon. Free shipping.

What heathen uses a towel and not a fine chamois?

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Reflection of a towel.
    That's what used car salesmen are calling them these days?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What heathen uses a towel and not a fine chamois?

RIP Georgette

So, what's the word on all this bullshit after settled price? What should I scoff off and what, besides taxes, do I have to pay?

So, what's the word on all this bullshit after settled price? What should I scoff off and what, besides taxes, do I have to pay?
    $1.50 with a soda, not a penny more

They are going to try to up-sell you with TV's, meats, and toaster ovens.