Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    W2 is more than just wine, wheat and onions. Next time you feel like braving the virus and spending some much needed tourist dollars in W2 you might consider this new craft beer touring company:

Brews Cruise

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3687.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	865.8 KB 
ID:	339131
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

Name:	IMG_3687.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	865.8 KB 
ID:	339131
    I wonder if anything ever became of this or if the pandemic put the kibosh on it because I can't seem to find anything online about this plan actually going forward.

Here's a long indepth article about the proposed program and the hurdles it faces:

Walla Walla prison proposes plan for inmates to tend vines, hops
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

It's a warm one here today in W2 and AK's Mercado (Andrae's Kitchen) has what you need to quench your thirst:

Looking for some #mezcal, we have you covered!! Our agave selections are smoking....Come enjoy the chill vibe, hip tunes, killer tacos! See ya Downtown! #aksmercado #downtownwallawalla #crushintacos #jimgermancocktail #tacosfordays #patio #beer #wormsalt
    — at AK's Mercado.

Main Street, Walla Walla, Washington

Touted as one of the most beautiful streets in America from a recent MSN article, wineries feature heavily along Walla Walla’s delightful Main Street, which of course contributes to its charms. The architecture is also noteworthy along this downtown stretch, which forms the heart of the Washington wine region and is surrounded by vineyards and farms. Tasting rooms, boutiques, bakeries, jewelers and even soap sellers nestle inside renovated Victorian and Beaux Arts buildings, giving the street a historic, vibrant character. These are the sights #PhotogenicWallaWalla is intended to showcase!

KQ, I just got a picture from my mom who finds herself in your lovely town.

And yes, it does look like a beautiful bluebird day out. Had no clue she was heading there with her sister and niece from her place in Seattle. Looks like they’re tasting all day. Got any food recs or can’t miss things I should pass along?

Thanks!
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    KQ, I just got a picture from my mom who finds herself in your lovely town.

And yes, it does look like a beautiful bluebird day out. Had no clue she was heading there with her sister and niece from her place in Seattle. Looks like they’re tasting all day. Got any food recs or can’t miss things I should pass along?

Thanks!
    Yikes! Missed this, sorry! Well if they still want to eat Bacon & Eggs is the bomb for breakfast and for dinner Hattaways, Brassier Four (French) Saffron (Mediterranean) or Soi 71 (thai) are all great.

For dessert/coffee I recommend Colville Street Patisserie (gelato to die for). Graze is great for a casual sammy/panini and next to that is a new ice cream place called Pinecone.

Brights Candies on mainstreet was voted best chocolatier in the state. Their salted caramel truffles and peanut butter hedgehogs are insane. The chocolate caramel popcorn is crack.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yikes! Missed this, sorry! Well if they still want to eat Bacon & Eggs is the bomb for breakfast and for dinner Hattaways, Brassier Four (French) Saffron (Mediterranean) or Soi 71 (thai) are all great.

For dessert/coffee I recommend Colville Street Patisserie (gelato to die for). Graze is great for a casual sammy/panini and next to that is a new ice cream place called Pinecone.

Brights Candies on mainstreet was voted best chocolatier in the state. Their salted caramel truffles and peanut butter hedgehogs are insane. The chocolate caramel popcorn is crack.
    Never too late to pass on a good rec, thanks KQ!

Apparently they did Bacon & Eggs for breakfast before the tasting slog and said it was great!
    I still call it The Jake.

You didn’t mention Tommy’s Dutch Lunch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    You didn’t mention Tommy’s Dutch Lunch

Oh snap! LOL! So many places to eat... so little time....

Ready, set, Wander! Today marks the start of Wander Walla Walla Valley Wine, a winemaker curated itinerary series designed with your fall wine country getaway in mind.

Now through December, download an itinerary, plan your visit and make your way to the Walla Walla Valley to experience all that fall has to offer!

#WallaWallaWine #WanderWallaWallaValley

KQ, you know a good place for gluten free options? I'll be there next week taking my daughter on college tour, she has Celiac disease. Looking for casual but good food.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    KQ, you know a good place for gluten free options? I'll be there next week taking my daughter on college tour, she has Celiac disease. Looking for casual but good food.
    A great many of our restaurants offer gluten free options. Sweet Basil Pizzeria has gluten free crust and Walla Walla Bread Company offers gluten free options.

Walla Indian Cuisine would be a good choice too.

Is she touring Whitman? They may have a complete list for you.

Yeah, Whitman. Hoping to check out their GF options as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

For those of you who like to get romantic......

Local Business Spotlight! Picnic Picnic Co ( Instagram @picnicpicnic.co) provides luxury picnics at gorgeous Walla Walla locations. Where will you picnic? 🍷 #discoverwallawalla

The good news is the drought is over the bad news is we've got too much water.

Been raining like Seattle here for the last month. Can't cut hay, corn is ankle high, wheat is rusting in the field, onion fields are flooded so they can't be picked . To top it all off the river is flooding (again). It's been a real yo-yo for the last couple of weeks.

I've been keeping an eye on the USGS site monitoring levels and despite the heavy rain the last couple days it looked okay then BAM! this morning the forcasted levels jumped 4ft. 4 fuckin' feet!

Rushed down to the river but it was rising fast. Waded through thigh deep water to get to the pump. No way to get the fish screen or intake line (about 100ft of 5in hose) out of the torrent of a river so it had to be sacraficed to save the pump. Waters had flooded the only way out so it was moved to a higher spot on the gravel bar in hopes it would still be there when the river crests tomorrow afternoon. I'm not holding my breath. Fuck.

Even the Columbia is flooding and we had snow at Tollgate and Bluewood today. Freakin' nutz. It's Mid-June, this isn't suppose to happen. Not really sure it's better than last year's heat dome.

"it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it's not one thing, it's another."

/Roseanne Roseannadanna

Jeezus KQ. Good luck out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

It's a Beautiful Day in W2 - Check it out!

Not really sure it's better than last year's heat dome.
    You hush

I hope your pump is still there for you.
    That’d not be cool to lose it

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Jeezus KQ. Good luck out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    You hush

I hope your pump is still there for you.
    That’d not be cool to lose it
    Freakin' crazy! The corps have had to divert water out of Mill Creek to prevent downtown W2 from flooding. The Walla Walla (where I am) continues to rise and now is forecasted to crest at just under 12 feet (currently at 11ft). Went to check on the pump and I can see it perched on the gravel bar but I don't think it has a lot of room for error. 12 feet might be just a little too much.

Farmers have been posting calls for help with sand bagging. People are going to loose crops again this year but from water not heat.

Rain has stopped here in the lowland but the winds are now blowing like a hurricane.

Crazy.... crazy... crazy.

Waters are receeding so I got a chance to check on the pump and intake line/fish screen. Pump made it though unscathed as did the handlines I stacked next to it. While initially I thought I was going to have to sacrafice the 100ft+ of intake line and fish screen I was able to secure it with a cable and some tie downs to a tree and it's still there! Woot! Not sure what shape it's in but at least I have something which is more than a couple of my neighbors have

Name:	Pump.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	737.7 KB 
ID:	419068

Name:	Intake.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	536.3 KB 
ID:	419069

Once the water calms down I can get in their with the backhoe and see what I've got. It goes out another 50ft or so from what you can see in the top of the picture. Hopefully the fish screen is still attached. I'm guessing it is because the line isn't moving with the current.

We set a new record for the most rainfall in a day, 1.5" So far this Spring we've had over 9" which is 3X normal for us.

What a saga. Hang in there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.