Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Did I mention that the scaffolding burned? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Hey, if it had been Salma Hayek who burned down, I'd be besides myself in the depths of despair.
    Si senor

Did this guy make it out?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I got back by ND yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the relatively small amount of damage. I saw only one window completely gone (the smaller rose window on the south side.) All roofing gone, but not obvious stone damage, and the gargoyles all appear intact. Of course you can't get close to to, so only visible from rive gouche. I didn't even try to get to the north side.

The French are all worked up (it doesn't take much,) because all these French billionaires suddenly have all this money to donate (earning massive tax dectuitions) while stashing all their money off shore to prevent paying French taxes.

I now see why so many dislike Macron so much.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    quick rant:

It never ceases that a "crisis' like this will draw out all the narcissistic "I-went-France-once/studied abroad in France/nuevo francophile" shallow types on social media posting about the cathedral burning... I mean, I'm beating a dead horse here, but these people act like their home or their childhood home burnt down or something. Sure, unfortunate and maybe tragic but posting photos and some drawn out personal stories about it on social media? As if you have some personal connection? WTF???

/rant

FWIW - I happened to go to Notre Dame in Nov. I'm sure it will feel more or less the same, once rebuilt, the next time I end up in Paris.
    Not as bad as the "I knew a guy who knew a guy who knew the guy who just got killed in an avalanche, so I'm devastated."

My personal connection to Notre Dame--we stayed in the Hotel Esmeralda, which had a view of ND from our window. The 50 bucks per night should have tipped us off; that was one nasty hotel. I don't believe we went into the church on that visit.

FWIW, I've seen a lot of churches in Europe. If I never set foot in another one it'll be fine with me. Except for Sagrada Familia, when it's finished, if I somehow manage to live that long.

Interesting article...the world may never know though...

As the world reels from the news that nearly 300 people were killed in an Easter Sunday attack on hotels and churches across Sri Lanka, it’s hard not to consider that just a week ago, historic Catholic cathedral Notre Dame suddenly and mysteriously went up in flames.

The French government claims so far that the incident was an accident, but many have questioned this.

Recently, Jihad Watch founder Robert Spencer received a very interesting email which gives an account of what was going on with the construction on Notre Dame before the fire.

“I received this email from a French-speaking contact,” he wrote on his blog on Saturday.

The email reads:

Here is a link to a series of tweets by a French traditional stone carver who worked on different monuments’ sites including Notre-Dame cathedral. He tells of his experience of seeing many African workers hired “who hate us” and “pray on the site”, one attacking him and others physically, that he was fired but not the African attacker, his complaint at the police station where a female police officer started deafeningly screaming after him when he mentioned the attacker was African, that she wore a hand of fatima on a necklace, which is a North African symbol.

“The tweets at the link are in French, but the summary provided here is sufficient to give you an idea of what is being said,” Spencer explains.

“The fact that the Africans pray on site indicates that they are not just Africans, but Muslims, and their hostility to the French may be a result of the contempt that the ‘best of people’ (Qur’an 3:110) often have for ‘the most vile of created beings,’ i.e., unbelievers (Qur’an 98:6).”

While this is far from cold-hard evidence that the fire was a jihadi attack, Spencer says, we must not discount the value of this account.

“Does this mean that the Notre Dame fire was an arson jihad attack?” he says. “Absolutely not. Once again, however, it raises the possibility that it could be, and the question of whether or not the French government has the will even to investigate a possibility that could be so politically explosive, or to tell the truth about what it finds if it shows up its policies in a negative light,” he explains.

“Will there be such an investigation? Will the renovation workers at Notre Dame be looked into? Or would the political fallout be too great for the Macron government if something inconvenient was found?”

These are all very good questions, and ones that we certainly hope to hear the answer to soon.

Recently, the former Chief Architect of historic building restoration in France explained on French television that he didn’t imagine the Cathedral could have burned so quickly:

Benjamin Mouton, who served as Chief Architect of Historic Monuments in France and oversaw restoration work of Notre Dame until 2013, says its extremely unlikely an electrical short circuit took place, and that it would take a huge effort to ignite the ancient oak of the cathedral.

“So, you’re telling us that this type of timber doesn’t burn like that?” Mouton was asked by an LCI host.

“Oak that is 800-years-old is very hard – try to burn it,” Mouton said. “Old oak, it is not easy at all. You would need a lot of kindling to succeed… It stupefies me.”

Asked to present an explanation for how the blaze spread so quickly and with such strength, Mouton asserted that there were no additional precautions that could have been taken to ensure such a “quick” incineration could be prevented.

“In the Nineties, we updated all the electrical wiring of Notre Dame,” Mouton said. “So there is no possibility of a short circuit. We updated to conform with the contemporary norms, even going very far – all the detection and protection systems against fire in the cathedral.”

GGS:

Maybe General von Clotitz’ ghost is finally carrying out his orders.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Fuck I hate conspiracy theorists, and that goes to the nth for racist conspiracy theorists.

Ya racists conspiracy theorists that feel the need to recite "war and peace length" stoopid shit that no one believes. I guess there's better and worse uses for tinfoil
    Name:  FB_IMG_1555876994570.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  72.9 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Fuck I hate conspiracy theorists, and that goes to the nth for racist conspiracy theorists.
    How about racist homophobic conspiracy theorists? I think ggs recently posted in polyass something absurd about Obama’s yrs as a gay prostitute.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

“Jihad Watch” guy receives an interesting email eh! Tell me more - says no-one with even a portion of their brain function.

did they find steep's muslim firebombers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    did they find steep's muslim firebombers yet?
    Funny, Steep "guarantees" it's a Muslim attack every. Single. Time. and 9/10 it's one of Steeps compatriot, an ideologically brainwashed member of the Trump fanboi club (Cult)

The 1 other time it was a elevator fire

Go figure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Statisticaly speaking in america you are many times more likley to be shot by a white guy than a muslim terrorist
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Funny, Steep "guarantees" it's a Muslim attack every. Single. Time. and 9/10 it's one of Steeps compatriot, an ideologically brainwashed member of the Trump fanboi club (Cult)

The 1 other time it was a elevator fire

Go figure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bullshit.

Name one instance.

Uh, most recently, the time you said that you hope this fire wasn't started by "the peaceful ones" in the bigot thread

I'm sure you're drunk most of the time you post so I'm not surprised you don't recall anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Saying that you hope something is not the case is a guarantee?

Interdasting.

Sort of like your messiah. Its ez to see its implied but you leave an exit to back pedal out of. Afraid to stand up for your true beliefs

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
    Truth but it pales in comparison to where dump and his trumptards cultists are taking us and what they’re doing. Have they shown that they’re open to considering reasonable policies through polite discussion?

Thought this was in PA. Still no sympathy for the cultists. Too much at risk

Actually I just felt like saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Actually I just felt like saying that.

Ya man, no worries. Attempting to moderate PA and Twitter participation to stem the rage with limited success

Name:  FB_IMG_1555720937172.jpeg
Views: 339
Size:  37.6 KB