Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Any changes for the 2020 130?

I've got the older yellow 120s (2016?) and I'm getting tired of swapping out the toe blocks (I leave the heal on). Want to get the new ones, but I'm a little worried about the lower instep. The instep on the 120s just barely works for me.

Tecnica Cochise 130/120 Dyn 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    Any changes for the 2020 130?

I've got the older yellow 120s (2016?) and I'm getting tired of swapping out the toe blocks (I leave the heal on). Want to get the new ones, but I'm a little worried about the lower instep. The instep on the 120s just barely works for me.
    You could easily grind the foot board to get more instep volume in the new version.

Thanks for all the good advice.

130s size 28 ordered.

Just got same ones. So far so good after some spring lift served. Had to adjust the buckle in some to get a snugger fit. No touring yet but pretty solid for alpine.

I like them.

These don't appear to have boot cuff adjustment, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    These don't appear to have boot cuff adjustment, correct?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    Correct
    One other question, sorry. Can I mold these liners with the intuition rice trick? Don't have access to a bootfitter, but need to get a little more room in the toes in the stock liner with my custom cork insole. Everything fits fine with a pair of intuitions, so it's just the liner that needs work.

8 mins at 80° Celcius in a convection oven

https://ramo.no/userfiles/file/Tecnica_18.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    8 mins at 80° Celcius in a convection oven

https://ramo.no/userfiles/file/Tecnica_18.pdf
    Thanks!

Got my 130s (size 28) and have had a good fiddle with them. Here are my findings:

-Walk mode hugely superior to that of my old 110s (size 27).
    -Less stiff than my old blue 110s. Go figure.
    -Very smooth flex.
    -CAS liner is nice, but doesn't have that 'bang' feeling of an Intuition liner. Swapped for my HV Luxury Liners.
    -My toes are very, very happy.
    -Roomier - duh. Have added some foam pads to forefoot, and now the fit is very good.
    -Not sure about the new power strap. Feels good, but could be added fiddle factor when touring.
    -Acceptable weight with Intuition liners for a travel/do it all boot.
    -Glad I got the 130 and not the 120.

If the NZ season ever gets going I'll be back with more feedback.

Two days in my 130s now.

Very smooth, yet very powerful. Skis great, and is comfortable at the same time..

Proper walk mode. Only actual walking so far, as no touring in them yet.

New power strap is as fiddly as I feared. The fact that you have to undo the velcro then the little lever sucks. I shall have to develop a good little routine.

Apart from the strap fiddle issue I'm very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    New power strap is as fiddly as I feared. The fact that you have to undo the velcro then the little lever sucks. I shall have to develop a good little routine
    It's not as fiddly as a conventional race-type strap, and you can do it with gloves on.

Personally, I took the one off my Mach 1 LV's and put a blue and orange Lange velcro one on (sewed Tecnica logo on first) and I took the one off my Zero G Tour Pros. If you want a more powerful strap with the option to go super snug, it's still a good innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    It's not as fiddly as a conventional race-type strap, and you can do it with gloves on.

Personally, I took the one off my Mach 1 LV's and put a blue and orange Lange velcro one on (sewed Tecnica logo on first) and I took the one off my Zero G Tour Pros. If you want a more powerful strap with the option to go super snug, it's still a good innovation.
    Thanks, Greg.
    I'll probably get used to it. I just really liked the powerstrap/buckle on my old Cochise 110.

Did anyone find gripwalk soles yet for these ? seems there is a reference but did not find them online anywhere yet

GRIP WALK SOLES COC.DYN VIBRAM
    Cod: 40390H00 328

in Europe ?

Great boots, but damn they are cold compared to anything else I've worn. Wonder if a new liner is the key, even though the stock one seems otherwise pretty decent. Anyone else deal with this?

re-design is coming . . .

I've skied the 2017/2018 Cochise Pro 130 (bright orange model) for a couple of seasons and am starting to have serious problems with the ski/walk mode. If I flex hard, and sometimes not even that hard, I can pop it out of ski mode. It's like the lip on the metal mechanism has worn down and doesn't engage properly any more.

I took a look at the mechanism and there looked to be a bit of buildup of 'stuff' on the metal pieces that engage to lock it in ski mode - scraped as much of that off as I could and it seemed to be a bit better but the issue persists. It started in the right boot, but now it's happening to the left boot too.

Any experience with this or ideas on how to fix it aside from getting a shop to replace the ski/walk mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    I've skied the 2017/2018 Cochise Pro 130 (bright orange model) for a couple of seasons and am starting to have serious problems with the ski/walk mode. If I flex hard, and sometimes not even that hard, I can pop it out of ski mode. It's like the lip on the metal mechanism has worn down and doesn't engage properly any more.

I took a look at the mechanism and there looked to be a bit of buildup of 'stuff' on the metal pieces that engage to lock it in ski mode - scraped as much of that off as I could and it seemed to be a bit better but the issue persists. It started in the right boot, but now it's happening to the left boot too.

Any experience with this or ideas on how to fix it aside from getting a shop to replace the ski/walk mechanism?

I’ve got an issue similar this where my 2016 cochise 130s have a hard time going back into ski mode after touring. Is it fixable or is it time for new boots?

I like the fit of the Cochise, but I have a bone spur on the top, inside of my right foot and ski boots really aggravate it. Anyone have any ways to solve this?

Try contacting Tecnica... I had one broken walk mode in some zero G and they fixed them both saying it was a manufacturing error.

Worth a try.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 12-10-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzey View Post

I like the fit of the Cochise, but I have a bone spur on the top, inside of my right foot and ski boots really aggravate it. Anyone have any ways to solve this?
    A good boot fitter should be able to punch your boot to accommodate for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Try contacting Tecnica... I had one broken walk mode in some zero G and they fixed them both saying it was a manufacturing error.
    Does anyone have experience fixing the walk mode? Tecnica is sending me the parts and claim it is "straight forward for any experienced boot fitter" which I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Does anyone have experience fixing the walk mode? Tecnica is sending me the parts and claim it is "straight forward for any experienced boot fitter" which I am not.
    Come on man. This is TGR. Give it a shot. And check back if you have specific questions. Or go pay an experienced boot fitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Huh... that's an odd response considering they had a shop install mine for me for free.

I guess it's still good that you're getting at least the parts for free.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Bump. Anyone ski the Cochise Light? Interested to hear how it compares to the 130.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Bump x2. Looking to retire my old (think 2013 ) Green Cochise Pro 130s. I'm in a 27.5 with an Intuition Pro Wrap, couldn't even use the stock old liner (which apparently sucked compared to the new ones) as it caused all sorts of weird pressure on my achilles. Had ball of foot punches on both sides of both feet for my wide forefoot, narrow ankle and heel. Fit has been pretty good, but my right foot is significantly longer than the left and even with grinding at the big toe and front of toebox the length is a little touchy and I get hotspots on the lateral front of my right big toe and can get toe bang landing jumps and also when hiking in walk mode far , as the toe levers forward into the front of the boot. All tolerable but annoying.

With the last changes form the old version to the current version, should I stay at a 27.5 or move to a 28.5? Obviously would prefer the tighter fit and will need a forefoot punch either way, but still a little worried about the length for mu right foot