Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars IX

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    LALALALALALALA
    [don't want to hear it...i really don't want to add disney+]
    I figure the subscription to get through the first season costs less than a small soda at the movies these days.

I couldn't get the Disney app to load on my Big Roku TV (and therefore no 5.1 sound) Managed to get it to work on smaller TV with Roku puck. There are reports of issues that Disney was having downloading the app but also that it won't work on some Roku devices at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    And the ending.... damn.
    Toys to be delivered in time for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    There are reports of issues that Disney was having downloading the app but also that it won't work on some Roku devices at all.
    I had trouble at first also. On a Roku and on the computer. But they seemed to have worked it out.

It's interesting reading some of the hyper-nerd reviews about how much stuff they crammed into it from "the canon".

I thought I'd noticed most of it... but not hyper-nerd level.

We got a notice that our Roku pucks are at the end of their support lives. They were not working nearly as well as the Roku app on our smart TVs though. Bummer to hear that some programming might still run better on the old platform.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Must have been a Disney issue loaded fine today.

I do have an older roku at cabin that increasingly has issues with not being able to run some apps though.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Just picked up tickets for today....

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I struggled to stay awake, which in and of itself isn't a good measure as that describes 50% of movies I see. But overall, I thought it was pretty average and somewhat predictable.

teeing up the original tonight for my son. He is about the age I was when it came out in 1977.
    I will see this when I can.

& 3Z if a Star Wars movie isnt predictable by now, you have been sleeping through them.

gonna catch it tonight too

Just got my ticket for a 9pm screening tonight.

However, I wish Kevin Smith had done a Youtube recap of the previous SW films in this final trilogy (like he did for the first 3 seasons of The Expanse), because I can't remember what happened in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi for the life of me.

Either that or they need to do a recap at the beginning of each film, like they did back in the day with serials and in Marvel Comics in the 60s and 70s (where on the first page Stan Lee would start with something like "In case you missed last ish, here's what happened..." and then he would recap the previous storyline in a few panels).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

saw it last night, loved it, i'm a fanboy since the original in '77 so i fully admit bias but one of the best in the series IMHO...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Just got my ticket for a 9pm screening tonight.

However, I wish Kevin Smith had done a Youtube recap of the previous SW films in this final trilogy (like he did for the first 3 seasons of The Expanse), because I can't remember what happened in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi for the life of me.

Either that or they need to do a recap at the beginning of each film, like they did back in the day with serials and in Marvel Comics in the 60s and 70s (where on the first page Stan Lee would start with something like "In case you missed last ish, here's what happened..." and then he would recap the previous storyline in a few panels).
    Recap:

Ep 7: Meet the new kids. Rey is a loner with an unknown past. Finn is a stormtrooper with a heart of gold. Poe Dameron is space Maverick. Kylo-Ben-Solo-Ren-Skywalker is emo Vader. The first order is just space nazis and they want to bring down the other government because they're nazis. Rey finds Luke's stuff in the basement of a shitty bar and has a force connection with a box and runs away because fuck that box giving her hallucinations. It's really just episode 4, but the new rebellion folks who are in charge get their planets blown up by the death star 3.0, planet sized star eating shotgun edition. Everyone agrees that the first order shouldn't blow up planets 10 at a time. Finn says he cleaned the shitter there once and therefore knows how it's all built and how to destroy it. They all go and do that. Han gets shanked by his dipshit kid Kylo-Ben-Solo-Ren-Skywalker in the process. Poe blows up death star 3.0. Rey then goes and finds Luke on his space hobo island.

Ep 8: Cross the OJ Simpson chase with a WWII kamikaze pilot and that's 60 minutes of this one. Leia gets all superwoman in the cold void of space because she can apparently use the force too. Chewie BBQ's endangered species waiting for Luke and Rey to do something. Rey swipes right on Kylo's picture on force tinder and they start force face timing each other. Luke is super jaded and a dickhead right up until he dies of sarcasm. Ghost Yoda is a psychopathic arsonist. Kylo and Rey kill the big evil baddie who we just met and he isn't really much of anything. Then they almost hook up when they're both hot for power, but don't. They still send flirty pics via force tinder. During the low speed (high speed? you can't tell in space) chase, Finn and Rose go to space monte carlo to find Steve Jobs to write some code for them, but they settle for Mark Zuckerberg. This doesn't really help them at all because Mark Zuckerberg is a dickhead and sold their information to the first order. He mutters something about the privacy policy and the EULA as he packs up fat stacks of cash and bails. They still kind of escape and then go ride some janky ass sky-hoopties across the playa because that is totally going to stop a full invasion force. Most of their friends immediately get smoked by angry AT-AT's until ghost Luke shows up and Kylo blows a gasket. The 20 survivors of the movie all escape to make another film.

Best thing to come from episode 8 by far
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Recap:

Ep 7: Meet the new kids. Rey is a loner with an unknown past. Finn is a stormtrooper with a heart of gold. Poe Dameron is space Maverick. Kylo-Ben-Solo-Ren-Skywalker is emo Vader. The first order is just space nazis and they want to bring down the other government because they're nazis. Rey finds Luke's stuff in the basement of a shitty bar and has a force connection with a box and runs away because fuck that box giving her hallucinations. It's really just episode 4, but the new rebellion folks who are in charge get their planets blown up by the death star 3.0, planet sized star eating shotgun edition. Everyone agrees that the first order shouldn't blow up planets 10 at a time. Finn says he cleaned the shitter there once and therefore knows how it's all built and how to destroy it. They all go and do that. Han gets shanked by his dipshit kid Kylo-Ben-Solo-Ren-Skywalker in the process. Poe blows up death star 3.0. Rey then goes and finds Luke on his space hobo island.

Ep 8: Cross the OJ Simpson chase with a WWII kamikaze pilot and that's 60 minutes of this one. Leia gets all superwoman in the cold void of space because she can apparently use the force too. Chewie BBQ's endangered species waiting for Luke and Rey to do something. Rey swipes right on Kylo's picture on force tinder and they start force face timing each other. Luke is super jaded and a dickhead right up until he dies of sarcasm. Ghost Yoda is a psychopathic arsonist. Kylo and Rey kill the big evil baddie who we just met and he isn't really much of anything. Then they almost hook up when they're both hot for power, but don't. They still send flirty pics via force tinder. During the low speed (high speed? you can't tell in space) chase, Finn and Rose go to space monte carlo to find Steve Jobs to write some code for them, but they settle for Mark Zuckerberg. This doesn't really help them at all because Mark Zuckerberg is a dickhead and sold their information to the first order. He mutters something about the privacy policy and the EULA as he packs up fat stacks of cash and bails. They still kind of escape and then go ride some janky ass sky-hoopties across the playa because that is totally going to stop a full invasion force. Most of their friends immediately get smoked by angry AT-AT's until ghost Luke shows up and Kylo blows a gasket. The 20 survivors of the movie all escape to make another film.

Best thing to come from episode 8 by far
    YES!
    Thanks, Sapp!

Much appreciated.

That jogged the old memory (too many really good movies have been watched between all of them so, forgetful am I).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I was a little surprised by the nudity

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    & 3Z if a Star Wars movie isnt predictable by now, you have been sleeping through them.
    Ha, truth and fair enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 7.39.20 AM.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	315.7 KB 
ID:	307095

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 7.28.40 AM.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	307096
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^^THIS. Always have a good time seeing them for the first time in the theater. After that though, some will catch my attention more than others when flipping through channels looking for something to watch at home.

VII I try to stay positive. I enjoyed Ep7, but mostly because I was excited about the potential for future films. It was a mediocre film, but had potential.

I enjoyed Rogue 1. Particularly the last 10 minutes. The rest was fairly slow.

VIII The Last Jedi I literally did not enjoy watching, it was so dumb, nonsensical and out of place. It didn't feel like Star Wars. It was Transformers 2 bad. No, worse. Way worse. It was so bad, and ruined the future so badly, killed my desire to see anymore Star Wars, that I almost didn't see Solo.

I loved Solo.

IX I have no desire to see IX. IX follows VIII.

I'll go watch The Mandalorian and the final season of Clonewars.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

That was meh. At least the music was better.
    Rae should have been all wrinkly after fighting the emperor. Wasn't a Force Off what made HIM all wrinkly?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm so easily amused Meesah liked and still like Jar Jar Binks..

FYI, TNT's showing all the films back to back in order today. Phantom Menace is almost over. Clones is starting in a few minutes.

I enjoyed. My littles are old/mature enough, and my entire family went.

“Force FaceTime.” That’s rad/funny!

Who’s gonna be the new Sith?

I've seen it twice now. Lots of good lore in it.

People need to stop taking SW so seriously.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.