Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Star Wars IX

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,402

    Star Wars IX

    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,674
    The shark dies

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,261
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    R2D2 dies
    Fixed it for you. Big SW geek but the thing that bothers me is it seems so unrealistic that tech products last several human generations in these movies, I can't even make a phone or computer last 10 years yet theirs last 2-3 human lifetimes. And, no the software they run or internal parts aren't upgraded much either.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,265
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Fixed it for you. Big SW geek but the thing that bothers me is it seems so unrealistic that tech products last several human generations in these movies, I can't even make a phone or computer last 10 years yet theirs last 2-3 human lifetimes. And, no the software they run or internal parts aren't upgraded much either.
    The fatal flaw in an otherwise rigorously realistic series.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    9,947
    fkin skywalker rises is awful. \coulda called half the movies that.
    #\booooo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Flavor Country
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    fkin skywalker rises is awful. \coulda called half the movies that.
    #\booooo
    Agreed. After the last one I've become convinced that continuing the original story line is doomed to failure. Those movies were a moment in time and part of their appeal to later generations is the campy/cheesiness and you can't forcibly recreate that almost 40 years later, but ignoring it also turns people off. I personally enjoyed Rogue One and Solo way more than any of the other new movies. They weren't so tied to the original stories and people's expectations about them, so they were able to go in different directions. But that's just, like... my opinion man.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,167
    Agreed, the side stories have been much better. Rogue One was fantastic. Solo was better than the storyline movies, but just okay. Kills me to think how good it could have been had Lord/Miller not been fired.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,336
    Too bad Carrie Fischer died mid series. Would have been easier to have Kylo kill mom instead of dad and work around that if she'd died sooner IRL.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    11,322
    i will watch it (like the others)
    but let's not pretend any of these are high art in any way shape or form

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,336
    Looking forward to Star Wars Night at the Durham Bulls ballpark in a few weeks. This will be the 5th year in a row that we've made it. It's not always on May 4th due to the baseball schedule, but is again this year.

    We don't go full props ComeCon level but we do wear Star Wars t-shirts and bring light sabers. Kids wore Vader masks when they were younger. Always sold out and usually more than 50% of the fans are wearing some kind of Star Wars gear.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i will watch it (like the others)
    but let's not pretend any of these are high art in any way shape or form
    Co-sign

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,551
    Oh, Christ, not another one. OK, this one Iím definitely not going to go see. Might watch when it turns up on cable. Maybe.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i will watch it (like the others)
    but let's not pretend any of these are high art in any way shape or form
    My buddy Pat is hoping the Academy sees it differently this time. He is one of the lead guys at Industrial Light and Magic. This will, hopefully, be his 3rd nomination.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Micky D's in Idaho Springs
    Posts
    1,149
    For the old Star Wars curmudgeons, like me, who don't like to see bits of Twilight (the Y.A. werewolf movies) mixed with proper space opera, Disney is making The Mandolorian. Of course it requires another monthly subscription fee. The only teaser video that I can find is illegally taken from recent fest/con. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LykXZsnfFw

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,336
    So we got Anikan/Vader's childhood to adult life story in the first 3 prequels. Then we got Solo's back story. Now we're getting Luke's. Will they eventually do one for Leah next?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    6,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So we got Anikan/Vader's childhood to adult life story in the first 3 prequels. Then we got Solo's back story. Now we're getting Luke's. Will they eventually do one for Leah next?
    Um, $$$$$$$$$, yes.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,490
    VII: Full Meh... but OK... it's setting up for something good maybe?
    Rogue One: Halfway decent, particularly the end
    VIII: Utter dogshit. Not only did it betray much of the SW series, it was an absolutely horribly written movie that didn't make sense most of the time. It left me with no desire to see IX.
    Solo: Best movie since III
    IX: Won't see it unless people I trust tell me it's worth it... like in the opening scene Luke wakes up and realizes that VIII was just a bad dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    VII: Full Meh... but OK... it's setting up for something good maybe?
    Rogue One: Halfway decent, particularly the end
    VIII: Utter dogshit. Not only did it betray much of the SW series, it was an absolutely horribly written movie that didn't make sense most of the time. It left me with no desire to see IX.
    Solo: Best movie since III
    IX: Won't see it unless people I trust tell me it's worth it... like in the opening scene Luke wakes up and realizes that VIII was just a bad dream.
    They could be worse...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47960054
    Star Wars: George Lucas names Jar Jar Binks as his favourite character


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,265
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    They could be worse...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47960054
    Star Wars: George Lucas names Jar Jar Binks as his favourite character
    74 seems a little young to be suffering from such deeply rooted senility.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,758
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    74 seems a little young to be suffering from such deeply rooted senility.
    I would say he's just trolling the shit out of people but i have my doubts.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,336
    Jar Jar took the fall for all the other characters to not be the lamest.. Ewoks for example.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,434
    Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    The Mandolorian.
    Cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •