Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Man I really liked the b8 in this car. Car handled ceurves very well, drove smooth. (14" bottle caps help there), even on rough pavement, soaked up unsuspecting big hits on Utah county i15 (good I hate driving through Utah county) with no dram. Felt really good. My 540 has them in front, and the rears ought to be here Monday. The fronts are a little harsh on some Bigg hits in that car.
    Car needs new seat upholstery. But I did that on the last one, and it wasn't too expensive, and came out great. Um, a wheel bearing has the beginnings of a whine in back, so that will need to be done. Clutch is newish, kid had most of the mechanical stuff pretty well sorted. Car really drove well and was fun to drive. Top is in great shape.
    Big dent in front hood means needs a different hood.
    So wheel bearing, seats, hood. That's it for the big stuff, aand there is a small handfull of small items to sort. Stereo install for sure.

sent from some fucking device using some fucking program.
    sigless.

The stereo is for the wife's Coldplay collection?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I've done OK on CL. Bought a 66 (pre CBS) Super Reverb in great shape, sold some worthless skis for $25, a sailboard, sails, masts, booms for a tiny fraction of what I paid for them but cheaper than taking it to the dump. No one wants sailboards--except the guy I sold the stuff too who has absolutely no idea how to use it. My wife sold my BIL's SUV for a good price. It's not hard to tell the scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I like Letgo and Offerup more anyhow.

I've made a lot of money selling cars on FB. That and IG are the only two places I advertised.

No point in paying for a website anymore.
    I'm trying to sell a car on CL, but it wont accept my credit card for the $5. Might have to move on to newer better sites.

are you on facefuck? it seems like thats where everything is going as far as fs or wtb ads go.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    are you on facefuck? it seems like thats where everything is going as far as fs or wtb ads go.
    Facebook's Marketplace has become kind of obnoxious too, though. It's become much harder to find REAL private sellers as it's evidently been overrun by wholesalers. It's out of hand. At least CL has an option to select All/Owner/Dealer, even though that's also swamped with shady wholescammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    White Bavarian convertibles should only be driven by blond trophy wives wearing aviators and a smug smile.
    Some pretty lady really did a number on you, didn’t she?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Is the E30 auto? I have a new shift knob might fit it. Yours if you want it-need it.

E30 convertible is great car.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Shift knob upgrade.

That shit never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    White Bavarian convertibles should only be driven by blond trophy wives wearing aviators and a smug smile.
    He could always try butching it up a bit with a nice Harry Potter decal?
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 05-02-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, I'm in some FB ***USED**** fly fishing gear group and half of the damn posts are wholesalers selling shitty shit, 1/4 are botique sellers and mfgs selling their NEW stuff and the other 1/4 is actually used stuff. Fucking mop flies. mop flies! mop flies! mop flies! I think mop fly guy singlehandedly drove me off of FB. I didn't quit the group, just stopped checking FB and it's been nice.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Story time -

My poor old mom wanted to buy a Crv off the ol' list. She sent me the link and asked if I could help her look at it.

The add had a very vague description, decent price, email only, and fucking stock photos of a crv (wtf?). It SCREAMED scam, so I told her I didn't think it was legit.

She replied with 'oh, they emailed me back to meet up!"
    I was shocked and concerned. I went, and turns out it was legit, just a super elderly couple that didn't own a camera. She ended up getting the car from them too, nice people.

Tldr scam wasn't a scam. What are the odds

100%, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Story time -

My poor old mom wanted to buy a Crv off the ol' list. She sent me the link and asked if I could help her look at it.

The add had a very vague description, decent price, email only, and fucking stock photos of a crv (wtf?). It SCREAMED scam, so I told her I didn't think it was legit.

She replied with 'oh, they emailed me back to meet up!"
    I was shocked and concerned. I went, and turns out it was legit, just a super elderly couple that didn't own a camera. She ended up getting the car from them too, nice people.
    But hey, the knew how to email and use CL. Even us old folks can learn to use technology, sometimes.
    Personally, I am awaiting delivery of a refrigerator that apparently can be hooked up to the internet. I'm not going to do it though. Next thing you know the fridge would be ordering fentanyl off the dark web.

They wouldn't do that, they're cool without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Let me go put my dress on and grab my aviators.
    Porsche isn't Bavarian, it's from Baden-Wurttemberg.

My story:

Listed a Santa Cruz Bronson bike for $5K - it was basically new (I bought it barely used for $5K as a mid-life crisis present for myself, then immediately realized I didn't like it enough to justify the cost). Guy calls and says he wants to come right now and check it out. Pulls up in a beat-up '90s Audi and it's two older guys - a little dude and a big dude, both kind of shabby looking, in their 50s. Turns out the big dude is the one who is looking at the bike, which is clearly too small for him. I let him ride it around a parking lot while his buddy tells him it looks great and he should get it. After a few minutes, he says OK he'll buy it - but he has no cash, can I take a check?

I say uh, no, cash only, sorry. He says no, I'm good for it - here's my driver's license, google me. I look up his name - turns out he's the managing partner of an absolutely enormous hedge fund that manages billions and billions of dollars, very well known in those circles.

I took the check. It cleared. The bike barely fit in the back of the beat-up Audi.

Moral of the story: hedge fund billionaires can be hard to distinguish from sketchy scammers sometimes.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Here a tip: reverse image search any pics on google for something you might buy. Fine if they say stock image, but lots of times I’ll respond to an ad that’s seems legit only to have it be fake. lifted images off someone’s real ad an easy giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    My story:

Listed a Santa Cruz Bronson bike for $5K - it was basically new (I bought it barely used for $5K as a mid-life crisis present for myself, then immediately realized I didn't like it enough to justify the cost). Guy calls and says he wants to come right now and check it out. Pulls up in a beat-up '90s Audi and it's two older guys - a little dude and a big dude, both kind of shabby looking, in their 50s. Turns out the big dude is the one who is looking at the bike, which is clearly too small for him. I let him ride it around a parking lot while his buddy tells him it looks great and he should get it. After a few minutes, he says OK he'll buy it - but he has no cash, can I take a check?

I say uh, no, cash only, sorry. He says no, I'm good for it - here's my driver's license, google me. I look up his name - turns out he's the managing partner of an absolutely enormous hedge fund that manages billions and billions of dollars, very well known in those circles.

I took the check. It cleared. The bike barely fit in the back of the beat-up Audi.

Moral of the story: hedge fund billionaires can be hard to distinguish from sketchy scammers sometimes.
    That's awesome. A big-shot hedge fund manager driving a beat-up '90s Audi and buying used MTBs off craigslist is one of the more baffling things I've heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That's awesome. A big-shot hedge fund manager driving a beat-up '90s Audi and buying used MTBs off craigslist is one of the more baffling things I've heard in a while.
    warning thread drift
    https://www.ocregister.com/2018/08/0...rest-in-vegas/

better story about pelican briefcase , specific drugs and jet
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...213-story.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Nicholas

Name:  3.png
Views: 255
Size:  338.6 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	610.3 KB 
ID:	281144
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	281145
    Name:  4.png
Views: 252
Size:  223.3 KB
    Name:  5.png
Views: 260
Size:  222.0 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...565526716.html

i heart best of clist. fine as fvck.

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    Here a tip: reverse image search any pics on google for something you might buy. Fine if they say stock image, but lots of times I’ll respond to an ad that’s seems legit only to have it be fake. lifted images off someone’s real ad an easy giveaway.
    I love the Montana CR ads for cheep beemers complete with palm trees in the background.

^^^that whole Henry Nicholas thing reminds me, whatever happened with John Mcafee? Last I heard he was in Belize doing drugs and hookers and he had been charged with murder i think.

Back when tech was fun.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ^^^that whole Henry Nicholas thing reminds me, whatever happened with John Mcafee? Last I heard he was in Belize doing drugs and hookers and he had been charged with murder i think.
    Google the Wired article from a few years back. I think he left Belize, but who the fuck knows.

PSA: Craigslist is a cesspool of scammers

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He was a candidate for pres in 16. Might have been an upgrade. I think there's a documentary on Netflix