9 days in BC-what to do?

Flying in to Vancouver at the end of June. Spending July 1st doing Cannabis Day in Vancouver, but then what? Need to stop by and see my sister in Kelowna for a day or two and have seen pretty much all of Vancouver Island from Victoria to Tofino. So where should we fly to and then maybe do a road trip to Kelowna? What would be cool to show the wife, so I can talk her into moving to BC in the summer of 2021? Nature is greatly appreciated by us, as is a cool town to explore.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Christina Lake/Nelson/Kaslo/Halcyon, then back to Kelowna through Fauquier-Lumby. If you’re renting a car, try and get a convertible. Those are some beautiful routes that aren’t super popular.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

In Vancouver

- Harbour Cruises. Pick a nice day. Do the half day cruise up Indian Arm - https://www.boatcruises.com/. Took family there and it was a pretty way to see a different side of the city

- Lynn Canyon. Got there early. Park and do an out and back from the suspension bridge. Much less touristy than Cap Suspension Bridge. https://lynncanyon.ca/

Will let others chime in with ideas

I'd like to say that there's "cool towns" to explore from Van to Kelowna but that's not really the case. The outdoors surrounding Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Mission, Hope etc are gorgeous but the towns aren't what most people would call cool.

the triangle formed by Revelstoke, Fernie & Rossland:

maybe go property scoping, err Airbnb'ing, somewhere in that zone

Looking at C.A.'s response, looks like I could fly into Castlegar, rent a car and catch most everything but Christina lake going around in a loop to Kelowna. Lee, is the Harbor cruise calm, as my girl is a barfer, but it sounds good to me. Thanks guys.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Depending on the June monsoons, that is prime bug season, so to keep the wife interested in BC, I recommend staying in the drier climates of the west koots and okanagan, or stay near the coast. It will be cherry season in the OK. Maybe take in a festival - Khatsahlano! Music and Art is July 6th in Vancouver, or Fvded In the Park in Surrey the same weekend.

If you come through Vernon I could show you OK lake on the boat. Wakesurfing etc...
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Kelowna, Summerland, Oliver, Osoyoos, Christina Lake, Rossland, Nelson then follow Caucasian Asians route... or head up to Revy.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Looking at C.A.'s response, looks like I could fly into Castlegar, rent a car and catch most everything but Christina lake going around in a loop to Kelowna. Lee, is the Harbor cruise calm, as my girl is a barfer, but it sounds good to me. Thanks guys.
    Super calm

I like Lee's idea of the cruise up Indian Arm, or even one along the West Vancouver shore of Burrard Inlet to check out all the huge houses. Water is usually pretty calm unless its a windy day. But Indian Arm is pretty well protected.

Sea kayaking out of Deep Cove or Sunshine Coast would be cool. Visiting Sunshine Coast - Gibsons, Sechelt, Bowen Island or one of the other Islands would be cool for a couple days. Though some of them require going over to Victoria or Nanaimo via ferry first which might take up too much time.

Since you'll be in Vancouver, a great drive to Kelowna is up through Whistler, Pemberton, Lilloeet, Lytton, Merritt, Kelowna. Or drop down and do some extra credit through Hope, Manning Park and Penticton.

The Revelstoke/Fernie/Rossland triangle is nice too as would be a drive up through Banff and Jasper but that can all start to add up to a lot of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    people usually rent a car in Castlgar cuz the plane didn't get in so they are driving the rental car to Kelowna with 3 of their best friends they just met in the castlegar departure to catch another plane

from Vangroovy I think drive hy 3 to osyoos, then up thru oliver/penticton/sumerland/kelowna is really nice lake country, fuck around a bit from kelowna, maybe narth to vernon/sicamous/revelstroke,

If you wana get her to move here the Okanagan valley aint bad

I do find kelowna one big strip mall with bad traffic

Vernon is not too big, has a ski hill with a short 25 minute drive and might be good place to live

if she don't mind the twistys go back on hy 1 but if she is a puker maybe go back on the cokecola highway instead eh
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-12-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Christina Lake/Nelson/Kaslo/Halcyon, then back to Kelowna through Fauquier-Lumby. If you’re renting a car, try and get a convertible. Those are some beautiful routes that aren’t super popular.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There are some good hot springs in the Nelson / Kaslo / Halcyon vicinity. Even some of the built up ones are pretty rad (like Ainsworth).

Fernie is another 327 km past Nelson and not really worth driving that much each way. If she is into wine the Okanagan is the place to be. Way more than 100 wineries within 4 hours on Hwy 97 between Osoyoos and Vernon. BUT if it is like the last two years smoke from wildfires could be an issue. I live in Penticton but will bug out for July and head to Northern Vancouver Island for clear air.

Touring some wineries in Osoyoos would be cool. I've only driven through there briefly but the drive down the escarpment at sunset was stunning.

Some great suggestions guys, thanks for your time. Spoke to Mrs L2S at lunch (ya, I took her Chinese food) and she thought flying over to Kelowna to see my sister in Peachland and then driving as far as Nelson and doing a loop north might work for her. I will show her your edited recommendations, so keep them coming. And while I want to visit Fernie, that is a winter solo trip for me next season.

Keeping things a bit flexible in case of fires is a good point.

9 days in BC-what to do?

Sounds like Kelowna, Peachland, Osoyoos, east to Midway, Grand Forks, Castlegar, Nelson, then north to Kaslo, New Denver, Nakusp. Make a decision in Nakusp to return to the N. Okanagan/Shuswap either via the Monashee to Vernon, or via Revelstoke-Salmon Arm-Vernon, and then back to Kelowna airport. Figure from your daughter’s place, 4 days and 3 nights? Stay in Christina Lk, Ainsworth, and Vernon/Salmon Arm.
    If your wife doesn’t ski, after travelling the isolation of the Kootenays, she will love the Okanagan Valley, and you can escape to Nelson/Rossland/Revy with the boys to ski and bike any time you desire.

And lets pray the fire season north of the 49th doesn’t start that early this year!
    Last edited by BCMtnHound; 04-12-2019 at 08:25 PM.

the drive from Nelson to Revelstoke - taking the route that goes through the village of Slocan - can be pretty amazing especially if there is still snow in the alpine area of Vahalla park.

Going that way (north from Nelson) you get to a town called Nakusp. If you go north from there you'll get to a little ferry that will take you across a lake towards Revelstoke.

If you go south from Nakusp you'll get to a different ferry that will take you across the same lake but put you on a highway to Vernon which is back in the Okanagan valley just north of Kelowna.

So many options. But yes to Nelson as a cool place to visit.

Ever since I use to drive trucks through the Fraser canyon to Ashcroft I've wanted to ride the hell's gate airtram.

Seems like a wifey thing.