Hot/humid environments?

Headed to Vietnam in a couple of weeks and debating between bringing my a6300 w/18-135 or just leaving it home and taking a waterproof Olympus point and shoot that I have. The googlez make it sound like a chore to use an ILC in that environment but I know people do it all the time.

Obviously plusses and minuses to both, image quality being the main one of taking it, ease of being on the beach and not being careful with belongings being the main plus of leaving it home. Take both and leave the Sony in the room when doing beach/river/cave stuff?
    Thoughts?

I have always fought condensation when trying to shoot in hot and humid conditions. Especially if youíre staying in a place with AC. It can take an hour sometimes for the gear to come up to temp enough to not just instantly fog everything when you pull it out. Not sure if the weather proofing in the Sony, but it could cause you some issues of the moisture gets inside the camera. Donít take your lens off!

It all depends on if the risk of theft or damage and the extra hassle of the nicer camera is worth it for the images youíre expecting to get.

I think you've convinced me to not take it. I'm a hack photographer at best and I really can't afford to replace it.

Ha. Youíre better than a hack! But for casual tourist photos I turn more and more to my phone because the convenience makes up for the limited loss of IQ in so many situations.

So I ended up coming with just the iPhone. As soon as I arrived in Hanoi I had some regrets and almost bought a Sony rx100iii for a little over $300 (curious if it would have only Vietnamese menus?). But the iPhone does pretty well and the freedom aspect is pretty great when youíre riding a moped in the pouring rain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1824.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	281052

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1844.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	335.1 KB 
ID:	281053

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey, nice shots, Joe!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!