Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masters

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    screw just that. Every player on tour should be kneeling before Tiger. He singlehandedly made the purses what they are today. Nicklaus had 118 total wins. He made just over $9million dollars his entire career, yesterdays purse alone was just under $2mil for the winner. Even if Tiger quit golf tomorrow, his impact will be felt forever.
    I think a lot of people still don't realize how much he changed the game. In 1994 I was a freshman in high school and being on the golf team was considered a little nerdy / dorky. By my junior / senior year golf was almost considered cool. The whole narrative flipped on Tiger winning Augusta that first time. That kind of a social impact over the span of a single week is truly amazing.

Tiger playing and hanging out with MJ - the two big name Nike athletes, also played a role in it. Kind of an NBA stamp of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think a lot of people still don't realize how much he changed the game. In 1994 I was a freshman in high school and being on the golf team was considered a little nerdy / dorky. By my junior / senior year golf was almost considered cool. The whole narrative flipped on Tiger winning Augusta that first time. That kind of a social impact over the span of a single week is truly amazing.

Tiger playing and hanging out with MJ - the two big name Nike athletes, also played a role in it. Kind of an NBA stamp of approval.
    Tiger and MJ are the only 2 athletes Nike felt deserved their own logo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeah, but, betcha Jordan was a really bad influence, teaching Tiger things that brought him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, betcha Jordan was a really bad influence, teaching Tiger things that brought him down.

Naaa Daddy taught him what brought him down. Dad was a serial cheater. Apple don't fall far from the tree..

not to mention c. barkley.

You sure about that? How many times has Jordan been arrested? Any DUIs? Ever been in rehab? Yep, that's what I thought..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Loved the split tee offs and early start.
    It worked for me. Had a good afternoon to still do shit.
    Winning....

I just like to see someone show that us 40-somethings still have some fight left--even if it's Tiger.

Tigger is still a douche. Yeah he's a great golfer, but not as good as Jack. Sergio said it and Rocco proved it to be true. Giant douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    You sure about that? How many times has Jordan been arrested? Any DUIs? Ever been in rehab? Yep, that's what I thought..
    Lucky guy. But, I'm not really talking about illegal stuff. Tiger never went to jail, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Well there was that time David Stern secretly suspended him and sent him to the minors for almost 2 years for his gambling habit.

But seriously the idea that a famous athlete needed a bad influence to bang a few waitresses is funny. Tiger was just unfortunate to live in the time of TMZ. I’d bet both Arny and Nicklaus gave Wilt a run for his money in the boning department.

^^ Not Jack. But it's widely known that Arnold Palmer was a world class stick man (while married), and I don't mean a golf club.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Sergio said it and Rocco proved it to be true. Giant douchebag.
    Getting called a douche by Sergio - one of the biggest whiners / crybabies on the planet - is almost a stamp of approval. Rocco? Huh?

Of all the things that came out about Tiger, the only thing that bothered me personally was that he could be a shitty tipper.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I’d bet both Arny and Nicklaus gave Wilt a run for his money in the boning department.
    Hahaha, thank you!

^^ Not Jack. But it's widely known that Arnold Palmer was a world class stick man (while married), and I don't mean a golf club.

Getting called a douche by Sergio - one of the biggest whiners / crybabies on the planet - is almost a stamp of approval. Rocco? Huh?

Of all the things that came out about Tiger, the only thing that bothered me personally was that he could be a shitty tipper.
    Rocco, yeah. Look it up. Rocco is class. Tiger is douche. One thing to be a dickhead off the course and that's well documented, but to be one against your professional peers is superstar douchery imo.

I searched... didn't find anything. Huh? They had that dramatic head to head at Torrey. Played together as Ryder Cup teammates since then. What am I missing?

But seriously, you really used Sergio? He is widely disliked on tour, FAR MORE than Woods even 10+ years ago (today it's not even close).

The Masters

Kind of douchee with caddies and coaches as well iirc

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Kind of douchee with caddies and coaches as well iirc
    I'd say a fair amount of that went in both directions. Steve Williams? I mean...

As for coaches, you mean the guy who wrote a tell all book about his client?

Yes, Tiger could absolutely be douchey, but so would a lot of us living in a situation where everyone wants a piece of you.

I searched... didn't find anything. Huh? They had that dramatic head to head at Torrey. Played together as Ryder Cup teammates since then. What am missing?
    Story I read: Rocco asked Tiger to sign a photo of them (US Open/Torrey) and Tiger just signed it and put it back in Rocco’s locker. Didn’t add anything to photo and didn’t get all warm and fuzzy w Rocco. Rocco got pissed.

To me, no big deal. Rocco felt otherwise, but I wonder if Rocco was drinking that day...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Story I read: Rocco asked Tiger to sign a photo of them (US Open/Torrey) and Tiger just signed it and put it back in Rocco’s locker. Didn’t add anything to photo and didn’t get all warm and fuzzy w Rocco. Rocco got pissed.
    To me that seems at least as douchey on Rocco's part. What exactly was he expecting? It's not like Tiger refused to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

To me, no big deal. Rocco felt otherwise, but I wonder if Rocco was drinking that day...
    Rocco maybe wanted a piece of memorabilia he could cash in for retirement? Anyway, kinda whiney.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Tigger is still a douche. Yeah he's a great golfer, but not as good as Jack. Sergio said it and Rocco proved it to be true. Giant douchebag.
    Not as good as Jack? What's the method of comparison? So far Tiger is # 2 in wins....(63 Jack/79 Tiger) and is only 3 away for holding the title as #1. He is also only 3 Majors from Jacks record? Are we waiting until he beats Jacks major record to call him the GOAT? I mean cmon now....and don't tell me he had no competition...This Masters win proves he can beat kids almost 20 years younger. NOBODY has held the #1 spot for anywhere close to tigers weeks at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Well there was that time David Stern secretly suspended him and sent him to the minors for almost 2 years for his gambling habit.

But seriously the idea that a famous athlete needed a bad influence to bang a few waitresses is funny. Tiger was just unfortunate to live in the time of TMZ. I’d bet both Arny and Nicklaus gave Wilt a run for his money in the boning department.
    I find it kind of hard to imagine women throwing themselves at Jack. Sorry.

I wouldn't expect superstar athletes to have exceptional people skills, especially if their parents rode them ridiculously hard with 24/7 training and never allowed the kids to be kids. Sure, they can be OK people and be humble, but deep down many of them are messed up. Andre Agassi is a good example. Michael Jackson would be another. Tiger Woods falls in that realm to some degree as well.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Tiger and MJ are the only 2 athletes Nike felt deserved their own logo.

Andre Agassi disagrees.

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Andre Agassi disagrees.

not a personal logo nor was it put on clothes for the masses to buy...NEXT.