Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masters

Roger Federer

Last edited by BmillsSkier; 04-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    not a personal logo nor was it put on clothes for the masses to buy...NEXT.
    I know I had a bag and shirt that matched the shoes back in 92 . The smeared tennis ball on the back of the shoe was his thing.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I just like to see someone show that us 40-somethings still have some fight left--even if it's Tiger.
    It’s a big deal.

I remember Derek Jeter showing a video of his loss in range of motion on his swing over 10 yrs. I’m sure Tiger has lost some, plus the back.

I hope he dominates the Fowler’s and Bubba gang for just a little bit to leave his legacy on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I know I had a bag and shirt that matched the shoes back in 92 . The smeared tennis ball on the back of the shoe was his thing.
    possibly but it wasnt the same as Jordan or Woods. Not even close. Hell Jordans logo goes on baseball shit for christ sake.

Bubba? Rory? Spieth? Remember the next great thing? Tiger just erased all that. Do it over three decades, kids.

Why does everyones vag get all wet over tiger, but hate on Tom Brady and the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Why does everyones vag get all wet over tiger, but hate on Tom Brady and the Patriots?
    Because Woods hasn't been caught cheating (at golf) countless times..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    because tiger had a decade and a half of fawning, complicit media coverage marketing him as a great guy. he did because there's never been much money in adversarial golf coverage; there's plenty of money in adversarial coverage of NFL players.

Tiger played great, but... Molinari (and others) handed that to him by choking. I see this as a one-off thing, not a return to dominance. I think Jack’s majors record is safe.

The Masters is the course most suited to Tiger’s game. Tighten up fairways and throw in some long rough and it’s a different story altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not as good as Jack? What's the method of comparison? So far Tiger is # 2 in wins....(63 Jack/79 Tiger) and is only 3 away for holding the title as #1. He is also only 3 Majors from Jacks record? Are we waiting until he beats Jacks major record to call him the GOAT? I mean cmon now....and don't tell me he had no competition...This Masters win proves he can beat kids almost 20 years younger. NOBODY has held the #1 spot for anywhere close to tigers weeks at #1.
    He's a great golfer, but no, he is not better than Jack. In 86, Jack was absolutely on fire. Tiger won, but he was hardly as dominant as Jack was in 86. That's just one example. Tiger changed the game and had a huge impact. So did Jack. Different era equals at best

You know it’s a big deal when east coast blowhard know nothings like Benny et al are compelled to prattle on about golf history. They should stick to their boring ass baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Because Woods hasn't been caught cheating (at golf) countless times..
    IDK...has anyone checked his balz?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    He's a great golfer, but no, he is not better than Jack. In 86, Jack was absolutely on fire. Tiger won, but he was hardly as dominant as Jack was in 86. That's just one example. Tiger changed the game and had a huge impact. So did Jack. Different era equals at best
    Jack was not dominant in 86. He came from behind to win by one shot. He had a great last round of course but that’s not dominant. Tiger in 97 was dominant.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You know it’s a big deal when east coast blowhard know nothings like Benny et al are compelled to prattle on about golf history. They should stick to their boring ass baseball.

Aw, that's sweet. Lose more money day trading today, cranky puss?

Oh snap!

The Masters

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Jack was not dominant in 86. He came from behind to win by one shot. He had a great last round of course but that’s not dominant. Tiger in 97 was dominant.
    His putting on the back nine was just phenomenal. Name one memorable put that tiger made. His back nine was dominant. Tiger played smart and hung around. Yes Tiger in 97 was a whole different level of dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Who's better: LeBron or Tiger?
    It's not really fair to compare a sport to a game, but Lindsey and soon Mikaela.

I don't really like golf, but I watched when Tiger was dominant.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Oh ffs. Presidential Medal of freedom!? For golf? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    His putting on the back nine was just phenomenal. Name one memorable put that tiger made. His back nine was dominant. Tiger played smart and hung around. Yes Tiger in 97 was a whole different level of dominant.
    There's more to the game than putting. I don't really understand why we're splitting hairs here. It's not like everyone around him crumbled and shot 75 and he just fell into victory. 70 in the final group in rain and gusting winds on Sunday at Augusta is impressive.

Tiger's moment was obviously his tee shot on 16 that almost went in the hole. Not a memorable putt because it was a tap in.

Anyway, I always said that Tiger would either never win another major, or if he got one, then he'd likely win at least a few more with that monkey off his back. The first one is always the hardest, and in a way this his first all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Aw, that's sweet. Lose more money day trading today, cranky puss?
    Hey Benny you said you’d post pictures of your girlfriend in Italy and all you showed us was a man hand.

Don’t the Yankees have a day game or something for you old guys.

Hey Benny you said you’d post pictures of your girlfriend in Italy and all you showed us was a man hand.

His woman friend is named Rosetta Palma

Name:  Tiger.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  55.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Tiger played great, but... Molinari (and others) handed that to him by choking. I see this as a one-off thing, not a return to dominance. I think Jack’s majors record is safe.
    Choking is literally part of the game in the majors. Jack certainly didn't win all his without help from his competitors.

The Masters is the course most suited to Tiger’s game. Tighten up fairways and throw in some long rough and it’s a different story altogether.
    Which is why he has only one less US Open win than Jack? Come on.

Dude, while you're tossing schoolboy shit here (still wondering about that "east coast" hurl. You do realize that we have a lot of golf here, right?), I'm surprised you arent over in the Notre Dame thread mourning the loss of the home of college football.