Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Seano, man, I’m so sorry for your loss. I just want to put this resource out there if you or your brothers/sisters don’t know about it
    https://www.iaffrecoverycenter.com/

We’re affected at a much higher rate by suicide, depression, and other mental health issues, a lot of times stemming directly from job-related PTSD. Luckily, within the last few years, the stigma has statred lifting and it is now ok, to admit that you are not ok. The IAFF center (for firefighters ONLY) just celebrated their 2nd year anniversary, is in a setting designed to make firefighters feel more comfortable and better able to receive the help offered. I personally know several guys who have gone to the C.o.E and changed their lives. PM me for more info if you want.

Don’t suffer in silence brother. There s nothing tough or manly about it. In fact, it’s killing us, so let’s work to keep changing the culture and maybe save some of our own lives. There are more resources available to us than there have ever been in the past, so take advantage of them. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your department, and especially the family of your friend. Truly one of the worst things in life to go through.
    Thank you DJ. I will PM you. Stay safe.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

And don't forget to watch and care for the family of the firefighters and first responders. My wife is way more concerned about things that happen than I seem to be even though I'm the one running the calls. I've been on only a few bad ones so far but they do make you think.

Sorry to hear that. Suicide is tragic, sad, and frustrating-to say the least. We’re getting better taking care of our first responders but we’re not where we need to be yet. Vibes to you and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Seano, man, I’m so sorry for your loss. I just want to put this resource out there if you or your brothers/sisters don’t know about it
    https://www.iaffrecoverycenter.com/

We’re affected at a much higher rate by suicide, depression, and other mental health issues, a lot of times stemming directly from job-related PTSD. Luckily, within the last few years, the stigma has statred lifting and it is now ok, to admit that you are not ok. The IAFF center (for firefighters ONLY) just celebrated their 2nd year anniversary, is in a setting designed to make firefighters feel more comfortable and better able to receive the help offered. I personally know several guys who have gone to the C.o.E and changed their lives. PM me for more info if you want.

Don’t suffer in silence brother. There s nothing tough or manly about it. In fact, it’s killing us, so let’s work to keep changing the culture and maybe save some of our own lives. There are more resources available to us than there have ever been in the past, so take advantage of them. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your department, and especially the family of your friend. Truly one of the worst things in life to go through.
    seano… My condolences do not go far enough ; I am so very Sorry...

Thank you for bumping DJ's post to the top of page2
    ( there is another one earlier - two about PTSD / CISD - Important, Important stuff ! !!! )

I will keep an eye on this thread and try to keep that stuff on the current page...

I don't know... - Stress-full Work. I was told an average in EMS is six years
    ( that's not very long given the education and training required. … )

(Please) Be Safe - please stay sane. …

My condolences to You, your friend's Family and friends, and Maddog ( dude, You are already missed. )

wishing peace for All --
    with love. tj

+++vibes+++

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    seano… My condolences do not go far enough ; I am so very Sorry...

Thank you for bumping DJ's post to the top of page2
    ( there is another one earlier - two about PTSD / CISD - Important, Important stuff ! !!! )

I will keep an eye on this thread and try to keep that stuff on the current page...

I don't know... - Stress-full Work. I was told an average in EMS is six years
    ( that's not very long given the education and training required. … )

(Please) Be Safe - please stay sane. …

My condolences to You, your friend's Family and friends, and Maddog ( dude, You are already missed. )

wishing peace for All --
    with love. tj
    Thanks man. I will finish 22 years this fall....... I am tired.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3803.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	417.1 KB 
ID:	278186
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

MMDA treatment for PTSD is gaining legs, FDA recognition. No joke, seems like this could really work and help a lot of struggling folks.

https://maps.org/research/mdma

Anyone see Chad Guenter's project:

https://cochranenow.com/local/projec...stand-together

Basically it is a take on the old challenge coin concept - but instead of getting the drinking started- it is a way to ask for help.

If you need to talk, if you don't know that you need to talk, you don't know what you need - you can just put down your coin.

You don't have to explain what you do, why it affects you etc.