Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1114
    Myth of home ice advantage busted! Blues won 3 of the 4 in Boston's barn. Blues lost 2 0f 3 at home too.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

St. Louis has great fans, it the first thing I noticed after moving here. I think this is more mudd in the eye of that fucker Stan Kroenke

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I will never understand watching an away game in a home stadium. ...never mind a different home stadium than where the home team typically plays.
    I'd do it just to be out front of there for the victory celebration afterwards.

So happy for Laila. She said even the Bruins fans were so nice to her.
    God bless her

ST. LOUIS—Saying that the city has had this coming for a long time and this moment was as good a time as any, St. Louis officials encouraged fans celebrating the Blues Stanley Cup victory Wednesday to just burn the city down and finally end everyone’s suffering. “To all the Blues fans out there who may be smashing windows or starting fires, all we can say is: Absolutely do that. We’ve dealt with this place for far too long, and we are ready for it to die,” said Mayor Lyda Krewson, who claimed the city was taking steps to aid any rioters by placing bins full of bricks, lighters, and baseball bats around the St. Louis along with idling bulldozers that any Blues fan could commandeer free of punishment. “Obviously, a lot of fans are going to be drunk, and we think that’s great. As long as you’re damaging property, the police aren’t going to bother you—in fact, they might even be ordered to help. Crash cars into buildings, tear apart bus stops, pull down the fucking Arch for all we care. It’s over. St. Louis isn’t worth it. We don’t give a shit anymore.” At press time, Mayor Krewson was seen greeting celebrating fans on the street before grabbing a trash can and smashing in the window of a liquor store.

Congrats Blues and StL fans. Blues got it done, by far the better team on the ice tonight.

Worst move ever? David Backes, healthy scratch for the last THREE games. Yeah, don't play one of your most physical guys, against a physical opponent. A guy who, on top of being a tough, physical player, is a crucial veteral presence. I mean, its not like he has any motivation, right?? He wasnt, like, CAPTAIN of the St Louis Blues for 5 years before getting run out of StL, right??

Benching David Backes cost us the Stanley Cup. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I will never understand watching an away game in a home stadium. ...never mind a different home stadium than where the home team typically plays.
    Well, I can only speak to personal reasons, but my reason was it’s Game 7 - and somehow I failed to convince anyone to give me tickets to Games 1-6 - and it was a decent enough reason to fly up to the old hometown to party with a bunch of family and friends.
    I still call it The Jake.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im kinda bummed icemans gonna keep wearing his stock b hat instead of a scc version
    bad night to be the second best goalie in your own crib
    but the more deserving players
    names go on cup
    and lalia and barcley ftw
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Congrats Blues and StL fans. Blues got it done, by far the better team on the ice tonight.

Worst move ever? David Backes, healthy scratch for the last THREE games. Yeah, don't play one of your most physical guys, against a physical opponent. A guy who, on top of being a tough, physical player, is a crucial veteral presence. I mean, its not like he has any motivation, right?? He wasnt, like, CAPTAIN of the St Louis Blues for 5 years before getting run out of StL, right??

Benching David Backes cost us the Stanley Cup. Period.
    It's easy to say that now but had someone asked you right after the game 6 beat down would you really have said yes, bench X and put in Backes????

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

So did they burn down St Louis?

I would think Boston would be in flames instead.
    watch out for snakes

What's embarrassing is how many Bruins fans bailed before the final horn.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I went to a Stanley Cup game back in 2002. We lost to the Red Wings 4-1 and still stayed until the final horn. Wasn't even game 7. Game 7 I'd definitely want the entire experience, handshakes, trophy presentation, MVPs etc.. even if the outcome wasn't what I had hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post

So happy for Laila. She said even the Bruins fans were so nice to her.
    God bless her
    Stories like that just slay me. It's so great to see the sincerity of the players when talking with her.

https://www.boston.com/sports/nhl/20...nley-cup-final

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1139010181294120960

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's easy to say that now but had someone asked you right after the game 6 beat down would you really have said yes, bench X and put in Backes????
    yeah, no. Backes isn't the same player as a dozen years ago, his numbers sucked plus they went with a seventh Dman for a bit.

I agree with the Boston media's reporting that Marchand blowing it on the line change with ten seconds to go really changed momentum and could have cost the game. Heading in to the 2nd down by one goal instead of 2-0 could have been a different ballgame.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

What the Bruins won't be doing this summer.

Name:  Stanley.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  181.4 KB
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Backes

I agree with the Boston media's reporting that Marchand blowing it on the line change with ten seconds to go really changed momentum and could have cost the game. Heading in to the 2nd down by one goal instead of 2-0 could have been a different ballgame.
    Pastrnak is deserving of blame on that sequence too, he kept coughing up the puck in the offensive zone throughout the game. I’m still puzzled by his play and assume he and Bergeron were playing hurt.

I think Cassidy made the right roster moves.

The Blues did a great job of blocking shots, particularly from the Bruins D.

I just hope Laila's mom is OK after what probably went down last night
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

They were just following Kevin Durant's example. People who said that by leaving the arena KD was destroying everything that makes America great were right. (Actually, someone who has not driven in Boston has no right to complain about folks leaving early, especially on a work night.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They were just following Kevin Durant's example. People who said that by leaving the arena KD was destroying everything that makes America great were right. (Actually, someone who has not driven in Boston has no right to complain about folks leaving early, especially on a work night.)
    I've driven in Boston, but if you can't even stay for your team in game 7 of the finals..

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The Garden is easy to get out of imo. So many corporate douchebag seats are the issue, especially during the playoffs. Not real fans.

Blues winning is a pretty cool story. Good for them and especially Zach Sanford.

Ah well. Shit happens. What's pretty funny is that hillbilly mouthbreather thebirdfucker thinking he's getting any traction, I am enjoying that show.

I had a mild preference for the Blues, since they barely squeaked by the Stars, who I’m a fair weather fan of.

Does seem like a bad beat, though. Boston totally outplayed the Blues in the first period, except for a few seconds.

I've driven in Boston, but if you can't even stay for your team in game 7 of the finals..
    I have too.. and on hockey game nights around The Garden. Most of the fans take the T and leave the cars elsewhere..

But ya, generally...