Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    He got rocked in the open ice like 3 times tonight too, that's not helping anything.

Av’s making a lot out of a little — it could as easily still be 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Wondering the same thing about that CBJ goal, there was clearly something questionable about the goal, so why the rush to face it off? well Milbury just cleared it up; it DID hit the netting but none of the refs caught it. and once there was a pass made after it came in play, the war room in Toronto lost its ability to step in and reverse the call and Cassidy lost the ability to challenge it.

and yeah giving up breakaways on the powerplay is really annoying and I don't know why we keep allowing them. Lets see if we can maybe not do that here
    If they can challenge on a non-call offsides long before an eventual goal, surely they should be able to challenge a non call on a puck going out of play. Otherwise it's like the street football play where the receiver goes out of the street onto the sidewalk around cars and back into the street. No?

Chara had a nice game, even made it to the faceoff circle on a rush once.

Cool to see the Bruins making a series of it. I'd prefer them beating CBJs. I've been thinking a Aves/Nordiques vs Canes/Whalers battle of franchises who moved south would be cool for the finals. 99% of folks in traditional hockey towns would hate it hahahaha.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Jerks about to move on with a series sweep. 3-1. Goalie yanked. Didn’t see this one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    4-1. Goalie yanked. Didn’t see this one coming.
    Right?? I thought for sure the Isles would win this game. Really surprised that the 'canes are blowing them out

Right?? I thought for sure the Isles would win this game. Really surprised that the 'canes are blowing them out
    Canes had a smoking hot 2nd half of the season record. They sucked balls the first half but have been really solid the past 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Cool to see the Bruins making a series of it. I'd prefer them beating CBJs. I've been thinking a Aves/Nordiques vs Canes/Whalers battle of franchises who moved south would be cool for the finals. 99% of folks in traditional hockey towns would hate it hahahaha.
    My order of preference is 1) Wings (they'll be back someday), 2) Caps, because I like Ovechkin, 3) any original 6, 4) any Canada, because I may have to emigrate there soon, 5) rust belt
    However, I am also influenced by color of uniforms--this works better in football; hockey uniforms are really boring for the most part. And sometimes I find myself pulling for a team for no reason. I can't watch a game without having a favorite in it--no matter how irrational. For example, I like the Canes, even though they beat the Caps. You'd think you could just watch a game neutrally and just admire the skill but it doesn't work that way.

Canes had a smoking hot 2nd half of the season record. They sucked balls the first half but have been really solid the past 6 weeks.
    So read something a while back, since they brought in the shootout, and you always have a winner that takes 2 points, statistically it has become more difficult for teams to move up in the standings later in the season. So under the previous system, where you could (and did) have a tie, a team this season like Columbus, or Carolina, would have ended the season higher up in the standings. A slumping team that was ahead, would have fallen back faster than now.
    Rooting for the blues tonight, they kind of upend my theory coming from last to first...
    Go coach berube!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Old Goat, If you're really rooting for the Wings, you should be rooting for the Sharks making the finals, so that Nyquist trade turns into a second round draft pick instead of a third rounder. Go Wings!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My order of preference is 1) Wings (they'll be back someday), 2) Caps, because I like Ovechkin, 3) any original 6, 4) any Canada, because I may have to emigrate there soon, 5) rust belt
    However, I am also influenced by color of uniforms--this works better in football; hockey uniforms are really boring for the most part. And sometimes I find myself pulling for a team for no reason. I can't watch a game without having a favorite in it--no matter how irrational. For example, I like the Canes, even though they beat the Caps. You'd think you could just watch a game neutrally and just admire the skill but it doesn't work that way.
    I pull for teams based MOSTLY on places I've lived for several years. Highest priority to my current home since 1999, then Dallas from 1989 to 1999, then New York from 1982-1989, then Minnesota where I lived from 2nd grade through high school. The Stars get two votes though because I was North Stars fan growing up then they moved to Dallas and won the cup while I was living in Dallas. A Stars vs Hurricanes finals would be a total WIN WIN for me. Getting the t-shirt no matter who wins that LOL!

When I was a little kid playing hockey in Minnesota, Bobby Oor was my favorite player so I also liked the Bruins. I've actually got an Oor throwback jersey now. Blues are also a cool team I'd like to see get a cup in my lifetime. Lots of teams I admire remaining. Sharks are probably the only team remaining I hope doesn't win LOL. But, no real hate for them, just don't care about them at all. Columbus? Ya, teams who have never won it before are fun to see get there..

Oor?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Oor?
    Brother of Bobby OOPs?

I pull for teams based MOSTLY on places I've lived for several years. Highest priority to my current home since 1999, then Dallas from 1989 to 1999, then New York from 1982-1989, then Minnesota where I lived from 2nd grade through high school. The Stars get two votes though because I was North Stars fan growing up then they moved to Dallas and won the cup while I was living in Dallas. A Stars vs Hurricanes finals would be a total WIN WIN for me. Getting the t-shirt no matter who wins that LOL!

When I was a little kid playing hockey in Minnesota, Bobby ORR was my favorite player so I also liked the Bruins. I've actually got an [ORR throwback jersey now. Blues are also a cool team I'd like to see get a cup in my lifetime. Lots of teams I admire remaining. Sharks are probably the only team remaining I hope doesn't win LOL. But, no real hate for them, just don't care about them at all. Columbus? Ya, teams who have never won it before are fun to see get there..
    I pull for pictures of very hot women.

First game I went to Gump Worsley was playing for the North Stars with no mask on. It was magical. From that day I always like the North Stars jersey. Still do but have to say Chicago still has the coolest jersey of any team anywhere.

I root for:
    1. Avs
    2. Any team playing against the wings or canucks (I used to root for the Canucks in the Pavel Bure days, but then Bertuzzi happened)
    3. Remaining Canadian teams
    4. Any team located in a place where pond hockey is a possibility

For:

Bruins
    Chicago, Detroit, Toronto (a bit) Rangers (a very small bit)
    Caps

Against:
    Canadiens
    Pittsburgh
    Teams that moved from North to South (Dallas, Carolina, Colorado)
    The South and Southwest

For:
    Toronto (a bit)
    What???? Whats next your gonna post in the MLB thread that you root for the Yankees a bit??

I mainly like them and the Rangers a little because Original Six but so is Montreal and fuckez les Canadiens so yeah I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    I pull for pictures of very hot women.

First game I went to Gump Worsley was playing for the North Stars with no mask on. It was magical. From that day I always like the North Stars jersey. Still do but have to say Chicago still has the coolest jersey of any team anywhere.
    I saw "The Gumper" play at The Met once when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I root for:
    4. Any team located in a place where pond hockey is a possibility
    Against:
    Teams that moved from North to South (Dallas, Carolina, Colorado)
    The South and Southwest
    I guess that leaves Boston,

Stars, Aves, Canes all moved south. Columbus and San Jose don't have climate to support pond hockey leagues.. But then Boston really doesn't any more either. Even Minnesota rec leagues play indoors now due to less stable cold weather December through February.

Heck, can you even play pond hockey or have outdoor leagues in Boston these days?

FWIW, it's "possible" to play pond hockey in North Carolina and even Raleigh a couple days a year but only at the end of a polar vortex lasting several days. It does happen though.

What the fuck is going on in the TD Garden tonight?? The crowd is ASLEEP. I've heard MAYBE three half-assed "lets go Bruins" chants that never even materialized due to lack of participation Asses have been glued to seats and I just realized that they gave out those yellow towels to wave - havent seen more than a handful of people waving them at any point in the game yet!?! Its like a scrimmage or something, not a pivotal, must win, 2nd round playoff game!? The period ended, literally about 4 people stood up and lazily waved their towels around

I'm fucking embarrassed to be a Bruins fan right now. WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!

What the fuck is going on in the TD Garden tonight?? The crowd is ASLEEP. I've heard MAYBE three half-assed "lets go Bruins" chants that never even materialized due to lack of participation Asses have been glued to seats and I just realized that they gave out those yellow towels to wave - havent seen more than a handful of people waving them at any point in the game yet!?! Its like a scrimmage or something, not a pivotal, must win, 2nd round playoff game!? The period ended, literally about 4 people stood up and lazily waved their towels around

I'm fucking embarrassed to be a Bruins fan right now. WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!

It looked a lot like there were tons of EMPTY seats in Brooklyn at the Islanders home game. Guess they were confident they could catch game 5 and 7 instead of 1 and 2.

What does that have to do with how lame Bruins fans are at the Garden are right now

3rd period starting. I just counted 10 towels waving. Then they stopped.

Jesus fuck what is going on here?

Uhoh