Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    When the blues get that sustained forecheck going, the bruins look a man down. Was it just me or did they look like they shied away from some of the pucks in the corners, knowing they were going to get hammered?

Also, I wonder how badly Chara is hurt.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

To me it more looked like both teams pulled back from some hits late. But yeah a couple times it did seem like the Blues were on the power play for a while there.

I think Chara has to be more than just a cut. But if his jaw was broken he would've gone to the hospital. Maybe a couple teeth or something? dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think Chara has to be more than just a cut. But if his jaw was broken he would've gone to the hospital. Maybe a couple teeth or something? dunno.
    I think it may have been concerns about his ability to communicate effectively on the ice. A swollen (and like painful) as his lip looked, trying to talk is likely difficult. And if you can't talk on the ice, that is a problem.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

seems logical

NHL PLAYOFFS 2019!!!

That puck hit him HARD.

If you've ever been hit in the face with a puck you know. Even slow moving pucks feel like getting hit with a hammer. I saw a guy lose 4 teeth off a puck that was barely moving this year.

Communication wouldn't have anything to do with him not playing. It's likely mild concussion symptoms that held him out. He'd battle thru the pain if that was it. I bet he was a little woozy after that one. He was likely feeling every heartbeat right thru his jawbone after that too. It really is incredibly how painful puck to facial bone is
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Great game last night. A three game series to decide it.

Check it out at 1:10,. About sums up the game for me. Blues hammered the bruins with relentless hitting. Both teams had big hits, but the blues didn't stop all night.

https://youtu.be/d_3Y7_R3hEc

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Serious question: What are the stats when teams pull their keeper? It seems to me, especially in this year's playoffs, that more often than not it just yields an empty-net, game clinching goal, like last night. Thoughts? Go Blues!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Knights pulled their goalie to tie it up in game 7 against the sharks...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Serious question: What are the stats when teams pull their keeper? It seems to me, especially in this year's playoffs, that more often than not it just yields an empty-net, game clinching goal, like last night. Thoughts? Go Blues!
    No idea what stats are but when I'm coaching I only pull the goalie with minute or so left if at all. It's just too easy to score on empty net.

If we're down multiple goals I'll consider pulling at 2 min but I still hate the idea.

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Blues deserved that win.

I wish the B's had won, but hey, this gives us another game to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Knights pulled their goalie to tie it up in game 7 against the sharks...

sent from Utah.
    Exception not the rule, I would think.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Check it out at 1:10,. About sums up the game for me. Blues hammered the bruins with relentless hitting. Both teams had big hits, but the blues didn't stop all night.

https://youtu.be/d_3Y7_R3hEc

sent from Utah.
    Got to say I saw way more forechecking from the Blues than the Bs, especially in the 3rd period.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

This site says statistically it's a good call... How that factors in to an individual game and the Dynamics associated with it is anybodies guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethi...than-ever/amp/

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

the bruins could probably just give all their defenseman 7ft sticks and they’d be just fine

Z’s jaw confirmed broken by bleacher report.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    the bruins could probably just give all their defenseman 7ft sticks and they’d be just fine
    63" inch maximum. If you're over 6'6" you can request the NHL for a variance, and then it can only be a maximum of 65".

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    63" inch maximum. If you're over 6'6" you can request the NHL for a variance, and then it can only be a maximum of 65".
    I'm 6-2 and use pretty avg stick for my size and it's 62". So Chara is using a stick much shorter than he would if there wasn't a rule

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I'm 6-2 and use pretty avg stick for my size and it's 62". So Chara is using a stick much shorter than he would if there wasn't a rule
    Yes. You're 74" tall with a 62" stick, its 83.7% of your height. The rule limits the 81" tall Chara to a 65" stick which is only 80.2% of his height.
    He would need a 68" stick to have the same ratio as you.

Doesn't matter, he ain't gonna play anymore...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Doesn't matter, he ain't gonna play anymore...

sent from Utah.
    He was practicing this morning. I think he might play.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

If you have a broken jaw, and, you see the type of game the blues play, not sure going out there would be the best idea. Then again, Chara's head is like a head higher than anybody else's. I hate to see a player get hurt like that. It would be a shame if his jaw was further damaged by playing when he is not ready. I get that it's the finals, but it's your life too. Same thing for grzelcyk, he had a concussion, and still wearing no contact jersey in practice Wednesday, I don't know man. I know you want to play, but another concussion right away could really fuck up his life.

And if the bruins do play those two guys, and I'm Craig berube, I would hammer away at those guys all night long.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Play him short handed at least. They need him there

I mean who makes the call? The players probably want to play.

edit: So apparently they do want to play, and the call is up to team doctors. Would you trust a Doctor who works for the team if he told you "You're good, man."? I'd have my doubts. Now if the Doc said no, and I was able to argue him into changing his mind reluctantly, then I guess I'd play.
    Last edited by iceman; 06-06-2019 at 04:36 PM.