Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Chara is a freak.(Capt obvious...)

I think the Avs learned a lot last year against the Preds, hopefully they learn how to finish off a series on Friday. Calgary's goalie must be sore after 100+ shots in 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Love him calling NFL games, but NHL not so much. Maybe he'll get better at it.

Then again nobody beats the Doc.
    True about Doc. I also like the guy with the thick Canadian accent--whatever his name is. Brings a sense of authenticity. Forslund is always one pass behind. Calling a hockey game seems like one of the harder things in the world to do, IMO.

Chara seems to be feeling his age--mishandles a lot of pucks, bad passes, seems late getting in position. OTOH I know nothing about position play for a defenseman so maybe I just don't understand how good he is.

NHL PLAYOFFS 2019!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    True about Doc. I also like the guy with the thick Canadian accent--whatever his name is. Brings a sense of authenticity. Forslund is always one pass behind. Calling a hockey game seems like one of the harder things in the world to do, IMO.

Chara seems to be feeling his age--mishandles a lot of pucks, bad passes, seems late getting in position. OTOH I know nothing about position play for a defenseman so maybe I just don't understand how good he is.
    Mike Johnson is accent guy. Undrafted and had a phenomenal NHL career. Handsome bastard.

Chara is sometimes a little slow but he's so big and smart that he's still waaaaay above avg for a stay at home D
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Forsland is the Hurricanes' announcer. He's great with them and the bigger metro division rivalries but struggles some when calling games with teams from the western conference.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Chara is sometimes a little slow but he's so big and smart that he's still waaaaay above avg for a stay at home D
    This.
    His reach alone forces the opponents to stay further away from the crease. That leads to less traffic in front of Rask aiding him in seeing shots that are now coming in from farther away (more time to react).
    Chara also doubles as one of the Bruins' top enforcers. Nobody wants to tangle with him since it would just lead to their face getting beat.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Forsland is the Hurricanes' announcer. He's great with them and the bigger metro division rivalries but struggles some when calling games with teams from the western conference.
    JongGuy: the resident “answer to a question no one asked”

Yeah just having chara's presence in front of the net is huge.

Hoping avs can pull it off. I've been listening to their radio broadcast when I can't catch it on TV. Quite enjoying it actually. My favorite line from their announcer was "If I never hear the name Tkachuk ever again I can die a happy man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    JongGuy: the resident “answer to a question no one asked”
    DJ resident not keeping up.. Responding to this..
    Take a lap

Preds dont have it this year.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    This.
    His reach alone forces the opponents to stay further away from the crease. That leads to less traffic in front of Rask aiding him in seeing shots that are now coming in from farther away (more time to react).
    Chara also doubles as one of the Bruins' top enforcers. Nobody wants to tangle with him since it would just lead to their face getting beat.
    A couple of seasons ago I watched a little guy try to get Chara to fight--Chara just kept pushing him away. He was pretty restrained after Kadri's crosscheck to the head. Granted there's no on better at keeping guys away from the crease--OTOH he pretty much plants himself there when maybe he should be challenging players further out--like first goal last night. He clearly knows his limitations and strengths. But like I said, I'm pretty ignorant about hockey, as anyone who ever saw me play or ref would tell you. And I've always really liked Chara as a player.

Well he's like 54, so he's starting to slow down.

Jets...done. The hattie seals it.

Dallas wants it more than Nashville. The playoff moves the Preds made did nothing for them.

Seems like the teams that had to play all of March to get in just kept it going. Teams comfortably in struggled / struggling to flip the switch.

Caps skating circles around Carolina tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Also skating through them.

Cheap shot on Oshie backfired. I'd rather not win like that anyway.

Happy to see the blues win. I watched Craig berube play for the flyers for years growing up. Cool to see him engineer a wildly successful turnaround for the team this year. Nice Hattie for Schwartz too!
    https://youtu.be/rk-7k6RNArY

sent from some fucking device using some fucking program.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Also skating through them.
    I saw the 2nd, then had a dinner date.
    Ended up 6-0...they really didn’t take their foot off the gas, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Ended up 6-0...they really didn’t take their foot off the gas, did they?
    Nah, they almost had a 7th with about 10 seconds to go, they were still on it.

Ovie with three points yesterday, Backstrom with 4. Wish I had laid down the $$ to go to the game.

Ovechkin wants his name being said in the same sentence as Howe and Gretsky and [insert your favorite here]. Making a strong case.
    I love his fake shot passes from the left circle on power plays.
    Hamilton bailing on the non-icing play to avoid being crunched.

Hamilton bailing on the non-icing play to avoid being crunched.
    Unless he's the game MVP the next TWO games and a key to the Canes advancing, he'll be starting next season down in Charlotte with the Checkers. Brind A'Moure will make an example out of him for that.

Bruins leafs game is HECTIC!

sent from some fucking device using some fucking program.
    sigless.

Last 10 minutes was what playoff hockey is all about. And the right team won.

Vegas needs to sew it up in the third tonight.

Can't catch games tonight and just checked scores, caps trying to stretch this series or canes actually want it?