Which Rustler 11 length?

End of season means ski sales. Looking to pick up the rustler 11. I'm 6' and 220 lbs. Have always reached for the longest in whatever. I have the cochise 192. Also the bodacious 196. Looking to ease up my powder day board, being a 56 y.o. non dentist. Go for the 192 or shorten down to the 188?

192s are bit wider, while still probably being plenty accesible due to the softer tips/tails on all Rustler11s. So if you like longer skis, want more float for powder days and you are a good skier that weigh 220lbs, why go shorter on such an accessible yet capable ski as the Rustler11? Why not just keep the winning formula?

I am small/light and use the 180s, so can't speak from trying 188s or 192s, or from being big and powerful. The 180s at least are a killer blend of being accessible, yet plenty able to go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    192s are bit wider, while still probably being plenty accesible due to the softer tips/tails on all Rustler11s. So if you like longer skis, want more float for powder days and you are a good skier that weigh 220lbs, why go shorter on such an accessible yet capable ski as the Rustler11? Why not just keep the winning formula?

I am small/light and use the 180s, so can't speak from trying 188s or 192s, or from being big and powerful. The 180s at least are a killer blend of being accessible, yet plenty able to go fast.
    I’d say the same for the 188 at 6’ 165#. It’s not difficult to ski. Definitely rewards shin driving and a forward stance.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Get the 192. It's not a difficult ski. I'm quite a bit smaller than you and got along with the 188 just fine.

I disliked the 188, and then shortly replaced it with the 192. Big difference. Now I love the ski.

At 56 though, you might love the 188. But at more than 40# heavier than me, you might love the 192. /nohelp

the 192 and 188 are very different beasts even though the length is close. If you ski the 192 cochise definitely get the 192 Rustler.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Go for the 192 or shorten down to the 188?
    I'm 5'8" and 170, older than you, and ski the 188. Get the 192.

192 it is. Found somemore info on this at about pg 27 of the blizzard thread. I'd like to thank all the enablers on this site for making this happen.

A quick de-rail since the OP seems well happy - does anybody have time on Rustler 11s and BC Animas and can compare the two real quick?

I am a bit curious about Animas you see, so any insights would be most appreciated!

You made the right choice on the 192. Its really easy to ski, especially compared to the 196 Bod and 192 Cochise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rustler 11.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	910.7 KB 
ID:	278545

UPS made the drop Friday, I mounted my own f'n skis Friday night, and skied them Saturday. Got the green on green thing going. Wish I could say the maiden voyage was in pow, but spring slush will have to do. The 192 was definitely the right call. Wow what a ski. Great looking, love the way they hook up, mount point on the line seems to be spot on.

I got to do a day to day comparison with my cochise 193. Skied those on Friday in the same conditions. The cochise doesn't deflect at all, just crush the spring slush. I wasn't sure if the soft tip on the Rustler would get deflected in that condition. Was quite surprised with the solid feel. Seems the main body of the ski is just stiff enough. I was looking for more of a versatile pow width board, ie crossover ski. I think I found just what I was looking for.

Connected Plug: Bindings came off Bodacious 196 all black, which are now on the selling block. $350 no bindings used dozen times. I'll ship.

nice! Nice green game you've got going there too

For how soft the tips and tails are I agree - R11s sure ski solidly

Which Rustler 11 length?

One of the most versatile skis out there. I agree about the Cochise being more stable/less deflection, but I haven’t skied my Cochise since picking up the Rustler 11. I’ll give up a little of the “crush everything” for the added versatility.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...