• Buy another pair of skins

0 0%
  • They will be fine

0 0%
  • Cut them to the Kartels

0 0%
  • They wont be fine but still cut them to the 3.0's

0 0%

Can I use a skin cut for ct 3.0 on a kartel 108?

I have just purchased a pair of skins, I have a pair of faction ct 3.0's and I'm about to buy some Kartel 108's. Since the 3.0's are about 400 grams lighter I was planning on touring on them but if I end up needing a bit of cash I would sell the factions. So if I cut the skins for the 3.0's will they be okay to use on the kartel's at a later point? or should I just sell the factions now and cut them to the kartels because 400g is not worth $200? or buy another pair of skins? (not sure if this is the right place to ask sorry)

Can I use a skin cut for ct 3.0 on a kartel 108?

Should be fine as long the length difference is within the adjustability of the skin. Won’t be perfect but trim them to best fit the Kartels and then make whatever small adjustments you need to for the ct’s. It’s totally fine not to have full edge to edge coverage you just don’t want them overhanging any edges. Only issue I see is if one ski is considerably longer or shorter than the other, that’ll screw with where the widest points of the skins will line up on the other ski but once again full width coverage very much not necessary.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

The geometries of the two skis are really quite similar. That is, a 181 kartel108 and 182 CT 3.0 will probably have a very, very similar mid part of the ski - the most important part of the skin, especially given their rocker lines and splay - with tip shapes and splay being the largest difference between the two skis (besides mount pount). Kartels slightly longer straight pull measurements might off set the mid point / sidecut of the ski a bit though, something you would quite easily see by placing them on top of one another.

i mean: 3cm longer straight pull length on 186 Kartels over CTs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180220_125752.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	277803
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-04-09 kl. 15.51.06.png
Views: 108
Size:  11.2 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180304_121710.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	277804
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-04-09 kl. 15.50.38.png
Views: 103
Size:  11.7 KB
    Since the widest points are forward of the contact points for both skis, slight variations in the skin width there won't matter too much in fresh and probably next to nothing on a skin track.

Everything seems pretty similar no?