No Quit in Scott Kennett...Damn!

After Zudnick's fame and fortune passed, a lot of people may have thought Scott slipped into oblivion. Au Contraire...
    He's out skiing some pretty sick lines at the moment. Just in the past week, he and some other buddies knocked off a couple of knee-knocking shots. First up, Heaven's Elevens. If you're not familiar with it, check it out on Google for other perspectives. This is his third time having skied this (tried to talk me into it a few years ago.....uh, no thanks!) and with this year's snow in Telluride, it was time.

Next up, a couple days later, Oblivion Bowl. See if you can spot the exit (hint, it's not over the cliff).

Not a bad week, if you're Mr. Kennett. For a guy now in his sixties, he's cranking out some really crazy stuff. Great job, Scotty!!

Damn, watched a vid of someone dropping into Eleven's...pucker factor.

Seems like Scott has roots that run deep in Telluride for a Michigan? boy.

I always loved his interviews in Stump's movies, seemed to have a real passion for being outside and humble about it. Maybe those that know him better would differ in their opinions, but seems like the type.

Illinois. Wilmot represent!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Damn, watched a vid of someone dropping into Eleven's...pucker factor.

Seems like Scott has roots that run deep in Telluride for a Michigan? boy.

I always loved his interviews in Stump's movies, seemed to have a real passion for being outside and humble about it. Maybe those that know him better would differ in their opinions, but seems like the type.
    Yeah, deep roots in SW CO, although he's an Illinois boy as Buster points out. But after 40 years or so in Telluride, he's almost a local...

Those lines look like some rowdy fun. It was super good there a couple weeks ago.

We had a great week there but I was skiing strictly solo (except for some with the wife and son).

It would be great to hook up with some folks there next year. Fingers crossed for another good year!

Is Oprah a local?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    After Zudnick's fame and fortune passed, a lot of people may have thought Scott slipped into oblivion. Au Contraire...
    He's out skiing some pretty sick lines at the moment. Just in the past week, he and some other buddies knocked off a couple of knee-knocking shots. First up, Heaven's Elevens. If you're not familiar with it, check it out on Google for other perspectives. This is his third time having skied this (tried to talk me into it a few years ago.....uh, no thanks!) and with this year's snow in Telluride, it was time.

Not a bad week, if you're Mr. Kennett. For a guy now in his sixties, he's cranking out some really crazy stuff. Great job, Scotty!!
    So...what is the non BASE-jump exit for Heaven's Eleven? I googled, and saw a guy base jump it, and other videos that do not include the exit. Direct looks like way too much mandatory air - does one bail to looker's right or something? Looks RATHER committing!

Just above the cliff exit, there's a cut to skier's left and a short up-climb to a traverse above the cliff line that takes you to a line out. Here's a picture of the rough route.

This may be a better look at it.

I’m good on that...