Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    You don't have that many choices. Full Tilt Ascendant, Dalbello Lupo AX 120, Roxa R3. The first two are much higher volume than your 99mm current boots, the Roxa a bit better but still higher volume than the Flexon/FT Classic fit. None have especially good walk modes, but the Lupo is probably best. If you want to think outside the 3-piece box, the Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro is close in terms of volume.
    The (18/19) Roxas fit pretty well, a little tight on the instep.

The soft flex is too soft to ski but would make touring better if the adjustment were easier to switch during transition. The hard flex might be a shock coming from flexon land, not as gradual/progressive. Walk mode is limited as reviewed, not a deal breaker.

Where can I try on the Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro ?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

There is also the sub 1300g ultralight Lupo variation showing up next fall if you’re not in a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Mines more in the 28.1 range if i recall, so I think I'm going to go 27.5

edit: Trigger pulled on some 27.5 Zero G Scout. Looking forward to trying them on and hopefully they work.
    How's your shell fit in a 27.5 with your 28.1 foot? Enough room for touring? You've got me thinking.

Good luck with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    sell me your instep buckles?
    Sure, they're 200$ and come attached to almost new boots!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Skied a variety of snow conditions at stevens pass today testing out the boots. The stock liners don't work for me. I dropped my lange rx liners in there.

Boot is great. Hard to be super objective as I was on new to me skis as well. But it seems to be plenty supportive even skiing choppy manky groomers and deep wind deposits with breakable crust underneath.

Skiing on 182 g3 findr 86

Boot is a tad upright

Sent from my SM-T280 using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm liking the Roxa R3.
    Fit is great, good heel pocket. Snug. Light.

Raged an Alpy pow ratfest all day and boots were comfy at the end of the day.

So much stiffer than Flexons (duh) but progressive enough so that I didn't get battered shin. I'm liking this for a mostly inbounds boot with tech fittings. I could feel a stiff out on the end of the flex, but not a brick wall. I'm 6', 180 ex racer.

Walk mode is OK going forward, not great. Rear movement is not much. Wish the hard/soft setting were more accessible and easier to change on the fly. Buckle placement will take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Skied a variety of snow conditions at stevens pass today testing out the boots. The stock liners don't work for me. I dropped my lange rx liners in there.

Boot is great. Hard to be super objective as I was on new to me skis as well. But it seems to be plenty supportive even skiing choppy manky groomers and deep wind deposits with breakable crust underneath.

Skiing on 182 g3 findr 86

Boot is a tad upright

Sent from my SM-T280 using TGR Forums mobile app
    What boot is this?

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    What boot is this?

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
    Zero g scout

i was at a shop yesterday and they wouldn’t fit me with the scott because they said they had so many returns in it this year.

tried the sportiva spectre 2: weird buckles, heel came up just a bit. felt stiffer than i expected. hot spot under arch.

tecnica zero g scout: i think it was this one that had wire bails for buckles. felt good until i got a finger stuck under a wire buckling. sucks barehanded, can’t imagine with gloves.

fischer ranger: also a stiff offering. didn’t seem to have the range of motion of the spectre or maestrale. more of a regular ski boot like a lange, not quite as much as the tecnica, but not quite touring specific either despite the hardware.

these things are all light years ahead of the spirit days but nothing grabbed me as a must buy either
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    these things are all light years ahead of the spirit days
    I was looking through old photos the other day and realized I skied all of my biggest and best lines in Scarpa Matrix'.

But yeah, the AT boot I want? A Scarpa F1 RS. 1100-1200 grams, 101 last, 110 flex, and a little more upright forward lean than the current F1.

. Wish the hard/soft setting were more accessible and easier to change on the fly.
    Buy appropriate hex wrench.
    Cut down long side.
    Superglue in flex adjuster bolt.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    . Wish the hard/soft setting were more accessible and easier to change on the fly.
    Buy appropriate hex wrench.
    Cut down long side.
    Superglue in flex adjuster bolt.
    Done.
    I had thought of that.
    My guess is that hack wouldn't last.

Just trying to make a design suggestion.

So far, I'm happy with the boot.

i was at a shop yesterday and they wouldn’t fit me with the scott because they said they had so many returns in it this year.

tried the sportiva spectre 2: weird buckles, heel came up just a bit. felt stiffer than i expected. hot spot under arch.

tecnica zero g scout: i think it was this one that had wire bails for buckles. felt good until i got a finger stuck under a wire buckling. sucks barehanded, can’t imagine with gloves.

fischer ranger: also a stiff offering. didn’t seem to have the range of motion of the spectre or maestrale. more of a regular ski boot like a lange, not quite as much as the tecnica, but not quite touring specific either despite the hardware.

these things are all light years ahead of the spirit days but nothing grabbed me as a must buy either
    I tour with my gloves on. Never come off as I have Reynauds. No problem with wire buckles.

I skied for 3 hours in the Zero G Scout. Never once did my fingers become trapped/pinched by the buckles?? And I was fiddling with buckles a lot trying to get tension dialed.

the spirit days

i got a pair of scarpa spirit 4's sitting around if someone wants them for a friend getting into touring ($100?)

sz 28
    scarpa/intuition overlap liner baked once
    maybe 50 days on them and not beat to hell - used in frame bindings, not tech
    stored indoors

I'm running first year Mtn Lab's with a wold cup booster strap + added plastic spoiler. Made those mods this season and have loved the boot after only tolerating it for a few years. In fact I've skied them + Shifts all year with few complaints (first time ever using a touring boot all season). But this thread has me second guessing - is the difference between that boot and say a Zero G Guide Pro, Hawx 130 or the 19/20 r3 so big I should look at upgrading next year? Of course I know I gotta just go try on some boots, but anyone with time on a bunch of these feel like the Mtn Lab is junk compared to the new stuff?

My 2c as someone owned mtn lab and now hawx 130.

- Biggest reason to switch is fit. Mtn lab heel pocket is much larger than Hawx.
    - Hawx flex is nicer overall, a bit more progressive but Mtn lab is just as stiff it feels.

I'd ski mtn labs if they keep doing well for ya. Wait for another generation of boots.

Thanks for that - tempered my FOMO haha.

FWIW for anyone else reading this - the lack of progressive flex is what made me love/hate the Mtn Lab for a few seasons. It's a stiff boot, but the original strap on the Mtn Lab was like flexing into a wall. Adding a WC Booster Strap was a night/day improvement and gave the boot a legit progressive flex. The rear spoiler I added was more personal preference and did come at the cost of a few degrees of ROM while going uphill.

Wait what's so bad about the dynafit buckle? I'm about to pull the trigger on some mercuries because I want a boot that fits like my khions without having to deal with 5 buckles.

IMHO the F1 heels are buckets compared to my khions. I really wanted them to work for me.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I was looking through old photos the other day and realized I skied all of my biggest and best lines in Scarpa Matrix'.

But yeah, the AT boot I want? A Scarpa F1 RS. 1100-1200 grams, 101 last, 110 flex, and a little more upright forward lean than the current F1.
    Haha this is exactly what I want too. As long as the fit stays the same

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Wait what's so bad about the dynafit buckle? I'm about to pull the trigger on some mercuries because I want a boot that fits like my khions without having to deal with 5 buckles.
    I got 5 seasons on Mercury and then Vulcan with no broken buckles, the first time I walked down stairs I could see that buckle WILL break if you are side ways enough to hit the end so I think some people have broken that top buckle just by walking down stairs or rocks sideways

the mercury or vulcan were great boots and hugely popular, if they fit you but there are issues if you have a high instep mostly cuz the liner sucks dead goats
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My Mercury buckle broke again, this time at the rivet, on my ski a couple weeks ago. I have recuited the old packed out green machine carbon ZZeros for now but thats a shorterm solution. So time to replace.

I do loathe that rear buckle thing after two breakings but how do the Dynafit TLT7 Performance compare with the Mercurys? I never used the extra toe/shin piece on the Mercury, so maybe would be comparable?

Or how about Beast Carbon with the 4 buckles?

What else should I consider? Not inclined to go out of Dynafit, but I'm theoretically open about other brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Why are you stuck with staying with Dynafit? It's not as if their lasts are consistent in shape across models.

Dynafit is sleeping on the beefier boot touring category. They seem far behind the time compared to what many others are making.

Tecnica Zero G has been tits and I have no thoughts of missing my Vulcans

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Why are you stuck with staying with Dynafit? It's not as if their lasts are consistent in shape across models.

Dynafit is sleeping on the beefier boot touring category. They seem far behind the time compared to what many others are making.
    Yeah if there's something beefier, but LIGHT and has that nice rear walking mode lean on the dynafits then I'm open. Used to own Scarpas for a few years but they hurt my foot to walk long distances. I do think that the Mercury/Vulcan buckle design sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.