Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah if there's something beefier, but LIGHT and has that nice rear walking mode lean on the dynafits then I'm open. Used to own Scarpas for a few years but they hurt my foot to walk long distances. I do think that the Mercury/Vulcan buckle design sucks.
    Every boot design is different even from the same manufacturer. The new Scarpas fit different from the old ones, and you should be working on the fit to get it perfect anyway. Fischer travers and Scarpa alien RS are worth a look in the very light category. The next models up in weight are simply more beefy, (duh).
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

And even the next weight class up -- like the Scarpa F1 -- weigh far less than a mercury/vulcan. As do the beef boots like the Hawx and Mtn Lab. Zero G most recent iteration is really impressive at sub 1300g and skis super well.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    And even the next weight class up -- like the Scarpa F1 -- weigh far less than a mercury/vulcan. As do the beef boots like the Hawx and Mtn Lab. Zero G most recent iteration is really impressive at sub 1300g and skis super well.
    Yes on zero g

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Anyone with first hand experience with the new Lupo Pro HD? I've read the Blister review but no word on how it is on snow. I'm imagining Lupo S.P. with better walk mode and removable tongue for touring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kinnikinnick, the fit of the new Hoji Free is very similar to that of the Mercury/Vulcan. I've been in Mercury's since their launch and tried the Hoji Free's on at the start of this year at the annual trade show. I stupidly forgot to take my footbeds but I reckon that the fit is very close - so close that I've got a pair on order to arrive in the autumn.
    Last edited by Spyderjon; 08-18-2019 at 08:00 AM.