Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Agree = getting the mastery, should help.....

I hope to fish with you someday SFB!

Steved you make no sense at all.

I learned to double haul today!

Why does my line snap back and land all squiggly?

That 2wt has been quite the addition, then...!

Well I mostly learned to double haul my 8w. The 2w I can do it on, too but it can only take itty bitty tugs or it's too much power.

It actually works kinda well, tho. Get the basics on the forgiving 8w and then find all the errors and get the finesse down on the 2w.

I was sort of doing a single haul thing before, but not quite right.

Fly shop guy says plenty of people never bother to learn how to cast, and I cast better than lots of people that come in that have been fishing for years.

One of the "steelhead bros" can't double haul so haha... and steelhead bro is not a complement... says the fly shop guy.

I’m kidding — it’s great you’re loving fishing & adding skills

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Well I mostly learned to double haul my 8w. The 2w I can do it on, too but it can only take itty bitty tugs or it's too much power.
    That's what I meant when I referred to your rod's sweet spot. It is a close range finesse rod specifically designed to load easily with a minimal length of line out. It is meant for stealth; when one is stalking trout at close range, you want to make only one gentle cast and presentation. Double hauling rarely comes into play in small water. With your 2wt, you should be practicing roll casts or stealthy overhead casts, not double hauling. Practice stealth by dropping a fly into a mug at 25 to 30 ft without using false casts to measure where the fly is going.

From the Redington catalog:

The 276 HYDROGEN is built for tiny streams and small trout that require delicate presentations
    If it was also good for casting at range, believe me, the folks in the marketing department would have mentioned it.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-17-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I bet he makes his own beard oil, too.
    Dying. While I'm denigrating fly fishing legends, Lefty might be the most racist person I've ever met.

^^^ Dang.
    Saw the dude throw a whole fly line with the tip section of a 2-piece rod.
    So, all the folks I kinda admired suck.
    Anybody else on your list?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

April Vokey is a very nice person.

Well that's good. I didn't really admire her though. Seems like a lot of horny old men on assorted fly fishing forums thought she was pretty OK.
    I saw Izaak Walton's tomb. He was prolly a pedophile.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Well that's good. I didn't really admire her though. Seems like a lot of horny old men on assorted fly fishing forums thought she was pretty OK.
    I saw Izaak Walton's tomb. He was prolly a pedophile.
    Her podcast is actually pretty darn good depending on the guest. She should interview Carelessethiopian.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    That's what I meant when I referred to your rod's sweet spot. It is a close range finesse rod specifically designed to load easily with a minimal length of line out. It is meant for stealth; when one is stalking trout at close range, you want to make only one gentle cast and presentation. Double hauling rarely comes into play in small water. With your 2wt, you should be practicing roll casts or stealthy overhead casts, not double hauling. Practice stealth by dropping a fly into a mug at 25 to 30 ft without using false casts to measure where the fly is going.

From the Redington catalog:

If it was also good for casting at range, believe me, the folks in the marketing department would have mentioned it.
    Yeah the fly shop guy said he would not double haul that pole except for maybe tiny tugs. We were just learning stuff and practicing.

I get what you are saying about the pole.. its kinda my fault because I wanted a small pole for small fish and we have a lot of creeks with tiny fish, plus the alpine lakes have tiny fish and thats what I was most stoked on coming off the steelhead game all winter..

anyways, fly shop guy can cast pretty dang far on the 2w even in the wind, so I will just have to get better at it...

It's a rod. Not A-Rod, a rod.

Poles are for strippers, smokers, and hardware.

This little rainbow felt huge on my 2w.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_142104.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	279824

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    April Vokey is a very nice person.
    I met Meredith on the dock a few months ago. She was also a very nice person. Not as tall as I expected. She ties a good clove hitch. I gave her a sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Her podcast is actually pretty darn good depending on the guest. She should interview Carelessethiopian.
    He’s on the latest episode of the Barely Live podcast with the Flood Tide crew. They are always a good time.

https://soundcloud.com/barely-live-s...2219-earth-day