Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    To my mind, in the context that has historically been used in these threads, the "Darwin" aspect is that the individual died because they were too stupid to survive.
    kq i demand you go through the old thread and remove all the winners who precreated prior!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Couple things

1) not a Darwin Award. See quote below

2) the piece makes it sound like the lions ate everything but his skull and pants.

Lions don’t eat bones. The bones were likely eaten by hyenas or vultures.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm not sure what that quote has to do with whether or not the guy is Darwin-worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Because his JEANS have already been passed on. It’s the very basis of Darwinism.
    fify

not much dyin' goin' on in this thread, let's step it up people.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^well from the description that was pretty unsmart. Is there no audio? Can't hear nuffin.

It was the first semi interesting thing that popped up and I wanted to add something other than Clint.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

March 2018, New Jersey -

A Wanaquer man died in a vehicle fire after he drove around barricade cones and onto live power wires in Franklin Lakes. A good son, Anthony G. was en-route to his father's house to shovel the driveway.

After the second nor'easter storm in a week, hundreds of thousands were left without power. Utility crews worked overtime to deal with downed trees and electric lines. Traffic snarls and frustrated motorists were everywhere.

After the second nor'easter storm in a week, hundreds of thousands were left without power. Utility crews worked overtime to deal with downed trees and electric lines. Traffic snarls and frustrated motorists were everywhere.

Anthony did not want to lose time to a detour! According to police, our winner simply navigated around bright orange traffic cones warning motorists of a hazardous downed wire on Route 208.

Responding to calls, officers arrived at 9AM to find the vehicle fully engulfed in flames. A live power line was sputtering in the roadway near the vehicle. The fire totally gutted the car, and the driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Ironically this Darwin Award winner was employed as a New York City electrician.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I see you guys are not familiar with this self admitted troll and self admitted asshole. He cunts up threads nonstop in ployasshat. He can’t stop talking about how brilliant he is and how high his SAT scores were (no one cares). He also can’t stop talking about how he’s a gentleman farmer, a millionaire, born of immigrant parents, and he literally challenged people to post pictures in a dick measuring contest after bragging about his own dick repeatedly. You might think I’m exaggerating...I’m not.

Most people in poly have him on ignore.

The “I’m smarter then you” shit he’s posted in here (now cunting up this otherwise fine and funny thread) is actually pretty mild compared to his usual shit. I myself will apologize for this stain on your thread. Carry on.
    I thought his post was mildly to moderately funny in a dad joke kind of way. But he's wrong about natural selection. While natural selection certainly operates when someone dies before they can procreate, it also operates to a lesser extent when a provider dies after procreating--their offspring may die of starvation. They may be eaten by lions if he is not around to protect them (something he obviously wasn't very good at), or they may unable to have children themselves or have fewer, due to malnutrition, or those children (his grandchildren) may be too weak to survive childhood.
    So we may continue to give Darwin awards to people who die after procreating.
    He may be smart but I'm smarter, and at least as boring.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

josey wales is one of my all-time favorite movies and that is one of my all-time favorite lines

Sorry Ice, the '17 thread was better. This one could turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I thought his post was mildly to moderately funny in a dad joke kind of way. But he's wrong about natural selection. While natural selection certainly operates when someone dies before they can procreate, it also operates to a lesser extent when a provider dies after procreating--their offspring may die of starvation. They may be eaten by lions if he is not around to protect them (something he obviously wasn't very good at), or they may unable to have children themselves or have fewer, due to malnutrition, or those children (his grandchildren) may be too weak to survive childhood.
    Quality take down. To be fair I don't believe Steep is a biologist.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7517.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	277785

Now can we talk about altruism being about protecting the gene pool in your clan or tribe--a gene pool that contains at least some of your genes? No, you don't want to talk about it? I understand.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Now can we talk about altruism being about protecting the gene pool in your clan or tribe--a gene pool that contains at least some of your genes? No, you don't want to talk about it? I understand.
    Like vaccinating kids so natural selection doesn't kill them off? Wait, what thread are we in?

The Price of Altruism: George Price and the Search for the Origins of Kindness

Survival of the fittest or survival of the nicest? Since the dawn of time man has contemplated the mystery of altruism, but it was Darwin who posed the question most starkly. From the selfless ant to the stinging bee to the man laying down his life for a stranger, evolution has yielded a goodness that in theory should never be.
    Set against the sweeping tale of 150 years of scientific attempts to explain kindness, The Price of Altruism tells for the first time the moving story of the eccentric American genius George Price (1922–1975), as he strives to answer evolution's greatest riddle. An original and penetrating picture of twentieth century thought, it is also a deeply personal journey. From the heights of the Manhattan Project to the inspired equation that explains altruism to the depths of homelessness and despair, Price's life embodies the paradoxes of Darwin’s enigma. His tragic suicide in a squatter’s flat, among the vagabonds to whom he gave all his possessions, provides the ultimate contemplation on the possibility of genuine benevolence.

One of the most thought provoking reads I've had in the last decade.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Altruism in the extreme
    https://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/17/u...-too-much.html
    Man has given away millions, leaving his family in poverty, has given away a kidney to a stranger and now wants to donate the other one.

Seems like a good time to start cloning the moderation genome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Sorry Ice, the '17 thread was better..
    No doubt. I tried a couple times to get the Powers That Be to change the name of that one to '19 or to just take the year off it but nothing happened. So I jumped in, and it seems like it wasn't a good move so far, but maybe you're right and we can turn it around.

Focus, people. Dumb people dying, let's get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The Price of Altruism: George Price and the Search for the Origins of Kindness

Survival of the fittest or survival of the nicest? Since the dawn of time man has contemplated the mystery of altruism, but it was Darwin who posed the question most starkly. From the selfless ant to the stinging bee to the man laying down his life for a stranger, evolution has yielded a goodness that in theory should never be.
    Set against the sweeping tale of 150 years of scientific attempts to explain kindness, The Price of Altruism tells for the first time the moving story of the eccentric American genius George Price (1922–1975), as he strives to answer evolution's greatest riddle. An original and penetrating picture of twentieth century thought, it is also a deeply personal journey. From the heights of the Manhattan Project to the inspired equation that explains altruism to the depths of homelessness and despair, Price's life embodies the paradoxes of Darwin’s enigma. His tragic suicide in a squatter’s flat, among the vagabonds to whom he gave all his possessions, provides the ultimate contemplation on the possibility of genuine benevolence.

One of the most thought provoking reads I've had in the last decade.
    thx 4 posting that

I'd better make up for it by posting people doing dumb stuff. WAIT...posting is doing and we have a treasure trove right here. Maybe I'm leading the way.

Then there's youtube:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Altruism in the extreme
    https://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/17/u...-too-much.html
    Man has given away millions, leaving his family in poverty, has given away a kidney to a stranger and now wants to donate the other one.
    I heard an interview with him once. He just sounded crazy to me and it made me wonder what deep seated guilt was driving him to do these things at the expense of his own children.

I have a friend who is kinda like this - he has a lot of property but won't do anything permanent to it with it because "what if the next person who owns it doesn't want things they way he might do them?" WTF? Live you life man. You don't need to pave over everything and be an environmental lout but seriously, you're here now and it's your property.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Facetatoos

Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face.

-M.Tyson

Who asked you; Jong?

Quote Originally Posted by m28484 View Post
    Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face.

-M.Tyson
    Nice first post except the quote is "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. " But you were close.