Bibby vs Wildcat - how noticeable is the weight drop?

Has anybody skied the old Bibby AND the Wildcat and can comment on the on-snow effect of the weight drop? I know Meele has addressed this in the Moment thread, but I'd love to hear your feedback.

The 190 bibby used to weigh like 2380g per ski and now the Wildcat comes in at 2130g. The 184 went from around 2200g to 2030g. Quite a significant change in my book..

I'm particularly wondering how much of a stability hit (in chop / crud / rough) the wildcat took and if there has been an increase in pop / energy and lightness in the air.

Sent from my DRA-LX3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Your weight numbers are off. My old 2010 Bibby 184 is 2110 and 2120. In blister review 2014 bibbys weight was 2100. I don't think you will notice this

My 2012 190s weigh 2381g and 2408g.

Well Blister was hinting at the Wildcat beeing worse in chop due to the weight loss. I got the weight numbers above from their buyers guides / reviews.

My 16/17 184's are 2150g by the way.

Sent from my DRA-LX3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I have 190cm Blister Proís from last year in the reduced weight. Iím 160lbs and they feel quick and easy. I had old squad 7ís before that were 2500 grams and felt better through variable snow even though I think the shape is worse.

Iíve wondered about if I would prefer the older heavier build... for variable snow I suspect I would. Anything soft I think the new layup will be more fun. I had a day skiing at big sky between storm cycles that had me wanting a 2400 gram version.

That being said Iíve never skied the heavier layup so take my thoughts for what they are worth. End of the day, the current build feels a little light in bad snow, but maybe itís just worth noting it does add some benefits.

Blisters published their take on the new wildcats (both lengths):

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...er-pro-wildcat

Doesn't Sound like a huuge difference, but noticeable.

Definitely makes me interested in the 190. I (5'11", 165 lbs) love the old 184's's mind blowing playful / stable combo, playing and slaying around the mountain. But on big open & fast lines with consolidated pow (week old) and also in 1.5 foot + chop I wished I was standing on a longer ski. But I kinda worried that the 190 would feel too slugish / heavy in the air. Always wished for a 187 bibby. But the new 190 sounds like it could pretty much be the sweet spot for me! Might have to bloat up the quiver again..
    Last edited by Bredey; 04-27-2019 at 09:57 AM.

My new in plastic 19/20 pair of wildcat 184's weigh 4217 grams. not sure how much the plastic weighs but i can't imagine much.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025