Which Julbo REACTIV Cameleon glacier glasses?- Explorer 2.0 v Montebianco v Monterosa

Been very impressed by the Category 1-2-3 range of these Julbo sunglasses that I bought this winter:
    https://skimo.co/julbo-aerolite-sunglasses#tab-review
    ... so I've been thinking about getting a pair of their Category 2-3-4 sunglasses, especially since I've been wearing the old school glacier glasses my wife bought for our Chamonix honeymoon back in 2001 (as pictured below), plus upon surviving skimo race organizing season with both sanity and marriage intact (to varying degrees) time to treat myself (especially since the Garmin fenix 5x I bought last spring for this purpose has worked out very well).

This will be almost exclusively for June & July PNW ski mountaineering.
    Seems like the Explorer 2.0 might be excessively sealed up for that?
    Then the Montebianco v Monterosa difference is just the lens size?

Also open to other brands, although I get pretty decent deals on Julbo [w/ the usual fight club disclaimer].

Thanks in advance for any feedback, whether practical or entertaining!

Name:  18ABNGlacier.jpg
Views: 2194
Size:  16.3 KB

[Note: not necessarily soliciting advice on upgrading the wife, although suggestions are still welcome.]
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Curious to see what you end up with. I have the "trek" and " blast" with the zebra photochromic lenses that I use for both skiing and biking and the "suspect" (non photochromic) for around town. Really like the way the trek fits with the ability to shape the arms fif great retention. If they make those in a darker photochromic range, they do be my choice. They have mini side shields and are also great for wind and mud/snow splatter

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I use the Montebianco; wife uses the Monterosa. Like you said, it's just frame and lens size. Camel lens is great. The Spectron 4 is fine for volcano season in all but dawn/dusk. Haven't used the Explorer 2.0, but I would guess the Montebianco fogs less easily but lets a little more light in. Haven't had an issue with eye fatigue yet in the lower 48 and Europe.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Another monte bianco user here. Great specs. Pick whichever frame style you prefer and send it. The cameleon lenses are super versatile and have been super scratch resistant for me compared to other (cheaper) shades I own.

Thanks for the feedback -- trigger pulled on MonteBianco w/ Reactiv Cameleon lens.
    (Originally planned as both a practical purchase for spring & summer ski mountaineering plus a gift to myself for surviving the skimo race organizing season, but finally got around to it now as an attempt to cheer myself up after events here Thursday.)

MonteBianco arrived today -- or rather, I arrived back home today after getting blown around these past three days.
    Speaking of which, loved how my Julbo Aerolite sunglasses were perfect yesterday when I actually had sun (Category 3), perfect yesterday evening when I was getting down off the mountain a bit too late (Category 2), and perfect today when conditions were I-have-to-get-out-of-here-really-fast (Category 1).
    Anyway, the MonteBianco lenses are a bit on the big side for me, so perhaps I should have bought the Monterosa instead, but still really looking forward to having Category 4 protection when needed but still able to see below treeline on the approach and eventual exit w/o having to swap eyewear.
    Speaking of eyewear, here's the only day this season when the Aerolite wasn't quite sufficient:
    https://www.facebook.com/NERandoRace...type=3&theater

Wow, what a long overdue improvement!
    In addition to the improved fit and pretty much everything else, so nice to have a single lens that can adapt to, well, pretty much everything, including a ski resort being evacuated for nearby lightning strikes:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/NERandoR...52529764788250
    Hoping for just 100% sunny weather upon my return later this month!