Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 92
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,817
    MK... not that you're going to need it but, good luck tomorrow /:~R
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Greater Drictor Wydaho
    Posts
    4,723
    When I asked my back surgeon about artificial disc replacements, he said he was uncomfortable with their use because it is a serious, life threatening surgery to remove it if need be. If I remember correctly, he said taking them back out involved a risk of bleeding to death on the operating table. As such, he said it wasn't a good option for younger, active patients.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    MK... not that you're going to need it but, good luck tomorrow /:~R
    Thanks man. Survived the knife. Let the recovery begin.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    When I asked my back surgeon about artificial disc replacements, he said he was uncomfortable with their use because it is a serious, life threatening surgery to remove it if need be. If I remember correctly, he said taking them back out involved a risk of bleeding to death on the operating table. As such, he said it wasn't a good option for younger, active patients.
    appreciate the input. Artificial discs are in. Fingers crossed they do not have to come back out.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,534
    Bionic moose!

    How do you feel?
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    743

    Artificial Cervical Disc Arthroplasty (ACDA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Bionic moose!

    How do you feel?
    Like yeti/IAS & SVS, tall. I magically grew 6mm taller this morning and with that comes “growing pains.” The disc at 6/7 was totally collapsed and in far worse condition then they had suspected especially on the left side(where the pain originated 10+ years ago). On the road to recovery now. Eating, drinking and roaming the halls with my assless gown. The discomfort of said growing pains is the greatest ailment currently. Anesthesia has worn off and erl has kicked in.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,534
    Well it's good to hear that you got the fix... what a fresh breeze in your sails! Erl in the sails, maybe

    I bet you'll be happy as a clam in a few days.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,415
    mooseknuckles is gonna show all us young pups up on the ski slope this winter with his bionic spine.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Like yeti/IAS & SVS, tall. I magically grew 6mm taller this morning and with that comes “growing pains.” The disc at 6/7 was totally collapsed and in far worse condition then they had suspected especially on the left side(where the pain originated 10+ years ago). On the road to recovery now. Eating, drinking and roaming the halls with my assless gown. The discomfort of said growing pains is the greatest ailment currently. Anesthesia has worn off and erl has kicked in.
    +++vibes+++

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,215
    erl???? End range loading?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,888
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Thanks man. Survived the knife. Let the recovery begin.
    thought about ya, glad to read the news!
    .

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,888
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    erl???? End range loading?
    420meds
    .

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,763

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    743

    Artificial Cervical Disc Arthroplasty (ACDA)

    Update for all you kick ass fuckers who were kind enough to keep me in your thoughts and send along all the positive vibes.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7324.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	278915
    tagged & ready to roll


    I was the first case of the day this morning. Show time 5:15am. I was checked in and swept right to the bullpen. More wash, IV in, more prep then hurry up and wait for the anesthesia team. Anesthesia team in place, doc visits goes over it all and asks any questions. Anesthesia unleashed the versed later chased with propofol. OR start time 7:35am. Family consult 8:30am. Two level ACDA open to close under an hour. I came to in the PACU and then rolled to my room for recovery.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7055.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	278917
    Lunch: Korean steak and shrimp stir fry

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7052.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	278918
    And THaiChicken soup



    As I mentioned earlier the only pain is a sore neck and back. At this point the throbbing, peeling and stabbing pains are gone. The only pain I feel is when grabbing for items on the tops of my forearms. Numbness & tingling remain in the fingers but only near the tips. No longer radiating up the hand to the elbow like last night and the past 2 weeks.

    Stood up to take a piss around noon. No assistance required while the 2 MA’s and the RN stood by awaiting my fall even though I insisted I was fine. 4pm rolled around and it was time for an X-ray. The dynamic duo MA team showed up with a wheel chair. I told them I wasn’t getting in. They said it had to go with us so I told one of them to push it empty. Long walk completed. Doc shows up at 4:30 and offers me the option to go home vs staying the night.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7060.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	278920
    Dinner showed up

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7062.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	278922
    Mediocre filet and huckleberry ice cream


    Easy choice. Home now. Robaxin for the back spasms after being stretched out to fit the artificial discs. Tylenol and herbal elixirs for the pain. No opioids.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7066.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	734.2 KB 
ID:	278923


    Tomorrow is a new day!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,534
    Fuck yeah, J. Look forward to rippin around with you again soon. Do your PT
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,719
    Wow man, intense. Hope recovery/rehab goes well. Take it easy, don't rush it. Time heals. Good luck.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,078
    We've never met, but you are one tough motherfucker.

    Best of luck with the recovery and a much improved quality of life.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,848
    Is that what hospital food looks like these days? Damn, I worked at a hospital in high school. Food was disgusting. Best of luck in your recovery.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,763
    Yeah man...

    You got a timekill plan for recovery-vegging?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,215
    Holy crap! First class service! You seem to handle the anesthesia better than most if your eating big heavy meals and standing/walking so soon - bodes well for the recovery. Still, no rush, sit back and enjoy the new life as it unfolds.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,344
    Glad to see a smile on your face, Mooseknuckles. You now become bionic!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,817
    ...
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Fuck yeah, J. Look forward to rippin around with you again soon. Do your PT
    Ditto!

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wow man, intense. Hope recovery/rehab goes well. Take it easy, don't rush it. Time heals. Good luck.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    We've never met, but you are one tough motherfucker.

    Best of luck with the recovery and a much improved quality of life.
    Much Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Is that what hospital food looks like these days? Damn, I worked at a hospital in high school. Food was disgusting. Best of luck in your recovery.
    The most expensive filet I have ever crushed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yeah man...

    You got a timekill plan for recovery-vegging?
    timekilling....that is the hardest part. I do not do well with sitting still...must stay calm to heal!

    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Holy crap! First class service! You seem to handle the anesthesia better than most if your eating big heavy meals and standing/walking so soon - bodes well for the recovery. Still, no rush, sit back and enjoy the new life as it unfolds.
    The steaks were manageable via small bites. Taking it easy and enjoying the ride is on the agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Glad to see a smile on your face, Mooseknuckles. You now become bionic!
    Thanks P. Plenty to smile about for sure!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    ...
    Basically!



    Day 1 - at home was tough on the body. After being sliced in the neck and having everything ripped out of the way to get to the back of my spine my body felt like a wet noodle. I was truly expecting an increase in pain however it did not occur. The soreness/tenderness/discomfort is far less then the pain I was in prior to surgery. Maintained the methocarbamol and tylenol regiment.

    Day 2 - Finally able to stabilize/activate my core I was able to manage the days movements much better. I am horrible at sitting still so I find myself walking often. I need to be extremely conscious as to no overdue things when reaching/lifting. 5lb lifting restriction is the real deal. Dropped the methocarbomal and tylenol after the early am doses.

    Day 3 - Staying safe




    Numbness/tingling remain in right hand fingers. Forearm/wrist/bicep/shoulder weakness is prevalent. No longer painful to hold phone/remote/grip anything. Bicep/Tricep/Pec and elbow pain is gone. Sleeping 6+ hours at a stretch. General discomfort due to overall soreness. Pain managed via thc/cbd regimen. No opioids.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    The most expensive filet I have ever crushed.
    Was wondering who the caterer was

    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    timekilling....that is the hardest part. I do not do well with sitting still...must stay calm to heal!
    mainline sativa only?

    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Pain managed via thc/cbd regimen. No opioids.
    Try and keep some of the pain in play. It will make you more cognisant of limiting range of motion

    stating the obvious:

    water water water

    lots of nerve feed back - old and new - and will last a while. Things are adapting to their new home

    go gadget go - err maybe down the line a little

    "professional patient"
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    743
    The hospital is known for their culinary skills. They actually have an incredible $5 lunch that is open to anyone in the community to come and eat. The filet is not on the lunch menu.

    Mainlining sativa is not on the plan in an attempt to avoid Sativa headaches. 24/7 full send is not an option...reality pain checks are regular.

    Plenty of water cycling the system. You are correct about the nerves. Total mind games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •