Missing persons / cold cases

These types of circumstances are tragically fascinating to me. Not so much the ‘went out for a hike never to be seen again’, but when people vanish from their regular everyday lives.

Anybody else following the recent developments regarding Timmothy Pitzen? This story is just so fucking bizarre, it’s captivating. Kid goes missing in 2011 at age 6 in Wisconsin and is apparently found yesterday near Cincinnati after supposedly escaping his kidnappers. Pending DNA results, which I have no doubt will be positive. Where this gets even weirder was the way in which the whole thing started... tl/dr I’ll include link below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...1.html%3famp=y

I’m sure there are hundreds of other cases like this that I’m unaware of. Feel free to share if you got something

Yeah mom had something going on...reports are that he has claimed he was "passed around" to many different "caregivers". Im interesting in hearing more about details here. I think he was found in Kentucky though as he walked over some bridge.

As for other cases, there was the Staynor brothers. Younger brother was kidnapped as a kid by a sexual predator and escaped as a teenager.

Then a few years later his older brother, who wasn’t kidnapped, turns into a serial killer. See “the Yosemite Killer”.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    As for other cases, there was the Staynor brothers. Younger brother was kidnapped as a kid by a sexual predator and escaped as a teenager.

Then a few years later his older brother, who wasn’t kidnapped, turns into a serial killer. See “the Yosemite Killer”.
    saw this one too...crazy story.

The older staynor brother was memorable for the Yosemite murders alone, the back story is crazy.

Jaycee Dugard - kidnapped at 11 walking to the school bus stop in South Lake Tahoe. Is found 18 yrs later in the east bay. Had children by the kidnapper and lived in the tent shack in his backyard

holy fuck. preliminary reports are saying DNA reports are negative.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    holy fuck. preliminary reports are saying DNA reports are negative.
    Whose DNA did they match against, dad's? Maybe he wasn't the real father all these years and never knew?
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

They say the guy who claimed to be Pitzen is Brian Michael Rini, 24, of Medina OH. How they found this out I have no idea.

24 and claiming to be 14. WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They say the guy who claimed to be Pitzen is Brian Michael Rini, 24, of Medina OH. How they found this out I have no idea.
    Crazy. Seems like most 24yo who've watched a few Law&Orders would figure he'd be dna tested and then the jig would be up. Plus it seems like a random missing person to impersonate.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If his dna is on record already due to a criminal past it makes some sense, but the whole story just took a very odd turn.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

this is the best bit of information about Rini I could find. seems like more than a few screws loose. answered FBI questions about Pitzen that only Pitzen would know...

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/brian-michael-rini/

What a real shithead this Rini guy is.

Ryan Shtuka

Guy walks out of a house at Sun Peaks and doesn’t make it home. No sign of him since.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Missing persons / cold cases

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disa...f_Maura_Murray

I’ve been following this one for a few years; this girl disappeared near where I went to school. It pops back up in local news every once in a while.

Basically a college girl does a bunch of shady things implying she’s making a solo trip while in school, then she crashes her car on a rural road in NH and just vanished.

All kinds of crazy amateur sleuthing online from she was kidnapped to she wanted to disappear to dodge something. Interesting when you read all the facts and different theories.

Talking of where's digideath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Talking of where's digideath?
    Either his mom pulled his internet privileges or the St. Paul Mafia got him.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

watch out for snakes

very deep hole

I must admit to being a big fan of Forensic Files.
    Last edited by SB; 04-05-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Don't forget this one just a month later and not all that far away: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp...ianna_Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disa...f_Maura_Murray

I’ve been following this one for a few years; this girl disappeared near where I went to school. It pops back up in local news every once in a while.

Basically a college girl does a bunch of shady things implying she’s making a solo trip while in school, then she crashes her car on a rural road in NH and just vanished.

All kinds of crazy amateur sleuthing online from she was kidnapped to she wanted to disappear to dodge something. Interesting when you read all the facts and different theories.

Interesting case of a woman who disappeared multiple times due to a form of amnesia that's apprently more common than generally known: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...t-her-identity

Or like dude who disppeared last year while skiing at Whiteface (NY) and showed up in Sacramento with no clue how he got there. https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...n-13181535.php

Some strange shit goes on.

Drifting here...

Swinging by for the inevitable MP video; thx - SB.

A college girlfriend was a cross of Dale Bozzio (on vocals) and Wendy O. Williams. Man she was something.

LoL that's some serious spank bank material

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Don't forget this one just a month later and not all that far away: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp...ianna_Maitland
    Damn. Never heard of this one. Something to read up on tomorrow at my desk.