Please give feedback on my photography site

Hey guys. I just finished building my photography website. I have never built a site before so I would love some feedback on the usability and look. If you feel inclined to give feedback on my shots, I'm down to hear it. I am just getting rolling with this photography thing and my main focus is to pursue fine art sales. The full proofing galleries are password protected to save some images that are intended for submissions. DM me if you want to get access. Thanks!

http://www.briancolesphoto.com/

If your concentration is selling prints, you might want to make it a bit clearer what you click on to order prints. Right now you have to click on "Book Today". This link sounds like it is going to take you to a page where you would schedule a photo session.
    Something like "Contact to Order" may be better.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Under Meet Brian:

"pick favrouites"

Brian - the photos are prime. No issues there.

The site is simple and clean. Only substantive comment - needs bigger font./ I viewed it on desktop fwiw

Love the images. Strong work!

Overall, I’d say there is too much copy on your homepage and it starts too far down the page on mobile at least. Make it bigger and punchier. People just skim the words.

I’d say that you need to let people know what the purpose of the site is. Are you trying to get clients? Sell prints? Is it just a gallery for editors to look at? Say what type of work you’re looking for.

I’d put all your images in one gallery. I don’t know if either is big enough to warrant being separate.

Blogs can be good if you right all the time. Like at least once a week otherwise, they can be more trouble than they are worth. Nothing worse than going to a blog with two or three articles that are all two years old.

I’d also not make the password protected galleries public. Even if they are hidden behind the authentication. I’d just keep that private and wait to show any of the work until you know whether or not it will be published.

I’d change it from book now to contact me personally.

Those are my first impressions, and it’s worth exactly what you paid for it. I did this exact thing last summer. It’s really hard to build your own website. That’s why so many people hire it out. lol

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Brian - the photos are prime. No issues there.

The site is simple and clean. Only substantive comment - needs bigger font./ I viewed it on desktop fwiw
    Agreed. You know, for us old folks. I thought it just may have been my monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Hey guys. I just finished building my photography website. I have never built a site before so I would love some feedback on the usability and look. If you feel inclined to give feedback on my shots, I'm down to hear it. I am just getting rolling with this photography thing and my main focus is to pursue fine art sales. The full proofing galleries are password protected to save some images that are intended for submissions. DM me if you want to get access. Thanks!

http://www.briancolesphoto.com/
    I showed this to a friend, a pro photographer, works here and in Europe. He likes your site, but says, as others have noted, you cannot access some sections without a password.

I would suggest you add a watermark across your images so no one can steal them.