Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    land of the free
    Posts
    8,832

    Game theory - dating

    Anyone playing?
    Im out of the market, but the shit I stumble into on the webs cracks me up.

    Do you use it and does it work?
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,717
    The number one rule of dating--don't play games.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    921
    Watch the Tao of Steve, master the art, profit


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Watch the Tao of Steve, master the art, profit


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This.

    Core Shot you're about 20 years late to the game theory dating scheme. I mean they made a movie about it decades ago.

    Be desireless. Be excellent. Be gone.

    It's not revelatory.

    Did you say solipsistic?

    [/end thread]
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,730
    Yup - three step process
    1. Eliminate desire - women can smell an agenda from a mile away
    2. Do something excellent in their presence
    3. Retreat; they will pursue

    Although the whole premise of the movie was, in the end, do not play games
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,785

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,573
    There's always authenticity.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    There's always authenticity.....
    I have a friend whose on the authenticity spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Among Greatness All Around
    Posts
    5,256
    Carbon Dating on this Game theory? Or Dating and involving Game theory.

    "As with any concept in economics, there is the assumption of rationality. There is also an assumption of maximization. It is assumed that players within the game are rational and will strive to maximize their payoffs in the game."

    Dating can't fit into that assumption of maximization at all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    11,239

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,965
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Be desireless. Be excellent. Be gone
    As RShea points out, that isn't Game Theory. But whatever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •