Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah that looks like barbque or something

but I'm more interested in what you put on the skins for new glue cuz gold label from the tube didn't stick to the skin i was trying to re-glue
    Oh I had no trouble getting gold label on there.

I will note these were the Atomic rebrand with the like PU tip section.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    this is like the cum jar of tgr
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Oh I had no trouble getting gold label on there.

I will note these were the Atomic rebrand with the like PU tip section.
    Thats interesting ^^ I took another look and the skins I attempted to reglue were Faction, that ball of glue in the pict was brand new Goldlabel glue that had just rolled off which is why it looks so clean

IME given the amount of hassle TO get the hybrid shit off the skin and then the fact gold label may or may not stick, I have no problem recommending AGAINST anyone trying to reglue a hybrid skin with Goldlabel
    but if it works for you let us know exactly how/why
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-27-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I didn't want to shell out $30 to get my hands on the official hybrid contour cleaning stuff -- though I'm sure it's great.

I followed Thom's citrus solvent, and then rinsing with a bit of soap and then with complete rinse with water last night. Hung them to dry. The feel as tacky as I remember from new this morning. About to take them uphill in 3F weather. We shall see.

Update -- worked as expected. Which is all I really want from any glue. Was 1F at the trailhead, and 5F most the morning.

Forgot how much nicer contours are than the old BDs and G3s I've been using up til now this season.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Thats interesting ^^ I took another look and the skins I attempted to reglue were Faction, that ball of glue in the pict was brand new Goldlabel glue that had just rolled off which is why it looks so clean

IME given the amount of hassle TO get the hybrid shit off the skin and then the fact gold label may or may not stick

I have no problem recommending against anyone try to reglue the hybrid skin

but if it works let us know exactly how/why
    Yeah I won't be attempting it again any time soon

The glue on my hybrid skins has been failing a lot recently. I loved them until a couple weeks ago. I've gone thru a few of the wipes which helps for a few days then they go back to failing. The Hybrid Cleaner appears to be unavailable anywhere in north america. I've been advised by Contour that Goo Gone can damage the glue. Is it worth messing around by using the dish soap cleaning method or is that just a waste of time?