cuz I want a fucking boat!
    I want a boat!
    I want a boat!
    Gonna take a good hard look at a
    motherfucking boat!

I'll be on my boat mother fucker you can look at me
    Floating by you in my boat Going down the Green
    Rowing for my buddies get a streamer ripped through my ear
    gonna be floating on my fucking boat this year!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

That’s awesome.

After a solid fall fishing season I was in your same spot. Really wanted my own rig, debating the drift vrs raft dilemma for some time. I ended up scooping a used 14ft Down River raft with fishing frame on CL early this winter. Added front and back casting decks along with a couple other frame upgrades , and found a decent trailer for it. I'm in it about $5,500 total. basically bought the thing, packed it away for the winter, and went skiing.

Well, got it out yesterday for the madien voyage. We went up and floated the grey reef section of the North Platte. Its pretty much frog water with awesome rainbow density, way better suited for a drifty. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! Wifey slayed fish and got some good time on the oars. It was a shakedown mission of sorts, but we figured out our system some and got blown around in the wind some. The floors and lean bars make fishing super comfortable.

Overall, after day one, I am really happy with my choice/purchase. I was worried I wouldn't be able to fish stuff like the Reef effectively with the raft, but was pleasantly surprised with how well I could move it through the slow water/wind. Was it more work than the guys in their low drifters, yes. Would it suck in 30mph, most definitely yes, but overall it performed pretty well and I'm mediocre on the oars at best.

Like Lexis said, I'm excited about the versatility of the raft. Fishing, multi-day camping, booze cruising, and bigger water as we get comfortable. From Fort Collins, I have so much good water that can be hit via weekend missions. North platte, Green, San Juan, Poudre, Yampa, Upper C, Eagle, Roaring Folk, Blue are all on our list for this season. and the raft is a good/decent fit for most of that water. Having a wife that likes to fish and row definitely helps.
    JUST GO FOR IT!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3050.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	277599  

I (think) I really want a boat......

This guy is kind of a dickhead, but I like the way his boat is outfitted.

https://youtu.be/F3ExQn0f1BE

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Im a former owner of a Fish Cat 13, current owner of the parking spot for SFB's puma and someone who luvs floating in a drifty I might have some inputs.

Catarafts are super hella stable and lighter than comparable sized real raft + frame.
    SFork of the Snake, All the fun on the green, Sfork Boise any big water no problem.
    Not a fan of the flycrafts but they seem to be well made.
    Don't like a boat where standing to cast and fish isn't in the design but the low gunnel is a deal breaker for me I wouldn't trust it in any bigger than the lopro.
    I could fit the cat in the back of my truck fully inflated and assembled.
    Launch and load myself before my kid was big enough to help.
    The tubes sat on the bedrails with the tips of the pontoons on the roof a couple of rachet straps and your done.
    Sold it when I was between jobs and needed to eat. Regret it every day.
    FWIW PAC12>Fish Cat 13 Same size, same frame, way better tubes and bladder materials that are worthy of real rivers with sharp shallows.

I have run the lower provo a bunch of times in the fish cat and it is a hoot, never floated the weeb.
    Only really a couple spots to get in trouble and a good stick can fish the whole thing while floating.
    The old bridge abutment above the trailer park and the rocks above hoover hole being the worst.
    Don't fear the tube hatch, the fish don't care and I've seen some very unchristian but entertaining things at bikini beach.
    High Country Outfitters will shuttle you for $5 and let you use their takeout.
    Another takeout for a shorter float at the turnout around the tunnel.
    There is another takeout past the sketchy redneck tube company at the top of the reservoir,
    I never shot the railroad bridge always walk it through on river right.

I think they would both be doable in the Puma but launch and takeout could be a hassle due to the weight difference between cat and raft.
    Outfitted raft with frame pretty much demands a trailer unless you want to spend hours at the takeout and putin.
    Also you run longer oars in a raft and there are some tighter spots that could get interesting.
    Neither are as nice to fish from when compared to a drifty but way more versatile in terms of the rivers you can run.
    Raft gets the vers nod cause you can paddle it with your drunk friends and drink beers from your booty when you go for a swim.
    Which you can do from a SUP or a Cat but if you swim from a drifty you done fucked up.
    Having swam from a drifty I know.

If I had the money I would go for a driftboat and drive to water worthy of it but I am a poverty boater so get it done any way you can!

Hit me up lets go fish!
    I was looking at boats when you had yours for sale on the forum, and probably deleted half a dozen “I’ll take it” messages before hitting the send button!!!

I appreciate all your input. I keep searching ksl for the right boat to pop up and I’m certainly not opposed to a cat.

Down to fish Most Friday’s or Sunday’s once ski mountain closes (4/21).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This thread needs a soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im not really a downsize guy
    but color me smitten
    for this ride

if you would like to help me not win it
    donate/purchase your chance to take er home here
    https://wasatchexpo.com/special-drawing/
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Still searching.....Saturn rafts? Any feedback? I’m usually a buy quality the first time but wondering if this is like a Johnny walker blue vs Johnny walker red- both do the job and most can’t tell a difference. There is some old info on multiple forums but nothing current.

Owned a saturn raft for a about 6 years now. Have put over 250 river miles(mostly class 3) on it so far and have had zero issues with it. Would of loved to get a higher quality boat initially, but this got us on the river quicker and has continually kept us on it. Good luck

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    This guy is kind of a dickhead, but I like the way his boat is outfitted.

https://youtu.be/F3ExQn0f1BE
    Ha, I was wondering if that was you

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This thread needs a soundtrack.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdnmsu View Post
    Still searching.....Saturn rafts? Any feedback? I’m usually a buy quality the first time but wondering if this is like a Johnny walker blue vs Johnny walker red- both do the job and most can’t tell a difference. There is some old info on multiple forums but nothing current.

Cant speak to Saturn. Have nothing but good experiences w aire/outcast/trib. People speak highly of maravia. If you have time, April 27th in Boise the IWA is having their annual gear swap soon. Lots of boats/gear there. Go fish the Owyhee and make it a weekend.

FWIW I’m likely adding a trib 14 this spring for family multidays, whitewater fun, and fishing 2 people plus rower.

http://idahowhitewater.net/clean-out...ale-is-coming/

Quote Originally Posted by ride550 View Post
    Owned a saturn raft for a about 6 years now. Have put over 250 river miles(mostly class 3) on it so far and have had zero issues with it. Would of loved to get a higher quality boat initially, but this got us on the river quicker and has continually kept us on it. Good luck

[IMG][/IMG]

I have several friends who have had similar experiences with Saturn rafts. They seam to be a good price point option. By no means the nicest rubber on the river but a good way to get out there. Paired with a decent frame it could be a sweet fishing option.

Stealthcraft boats are incredible! Dibs...that boat looks awesome.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by schwerty; 04-18-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im not really a downsize guy
    but color me smitten
    for this ride

if you would like to help me not win it
    donate/purchase your chance to take er home here
    https://wasatchexpo.com/special-drawing/
    If you winit dibs on the floating yeti cooler?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Pulled the trigger on a 13’ Saturn. Seems to be in great shape and the accessories alone covered the cost. Great deal from a solid guy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7875.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	280056
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7871.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	280057

Now, if someone could tell me how to row this thing........

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    If it flies, f__ks or floats it's always a better idea to rent.

And if you do buy, be sure to get the red one.
    Well, you did the last part right, anyways.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdnmsu View Post
    Now, if someone could tell me how to row this thing........
    Seriously? Fortunately, there are a number of whitewater guide schools available if you don't know anyone with experience. It could be worth the expense if you really want to level up quickly. It's not too hard to get yourself dead in moving water. Happens all the time around here. I had a fishing buddy who got killed in drift boat accident in high volume class I water. Remember, a single cubic meter of water weighs a whopping 2200 lbs; when it is moving downhill fast, it packs a tremendous amount of kinetic energy.

You should get a good rescue book like Whitewater Rescue Manual. I also recommend the River Safety Anthology for anyone who has limited experience on rivers. The book consists of case studies of fatal and near fatal whitewater accidents. It's an informative read as learning from the mistakes of others will help improve your judgement.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Cano.../dp/0897321928
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.

[QUOTE=neckdeep;5659482]Seriously? Fortunately, there are a number of whitewater guide schools available if you don't know anyone with experience. It could be worth the expense if you really want to level up quickly. It's not too hard to get yourself dead in moving water. Happens all the time around here. I had a fishing buddy who got killed in drift boat accident in high volume class I water. Remember, a single cubic meter of water weighs a whopping 2200 lbs; when it is moving downhill fast, it packs a tremendous amount of kinetic energy.

You should get a good rescue book like Whitewater Rescue Manual. I also recommend the River Safety Anthology for anyone who has limited experience on rivers. The book consists of case studies of fatal and near fatal whitewater accidents. It's an informative read as learning from the mistakes of others will help improve your judgement.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Cano.../dp/0897321928[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reality check. I’m smart enough to know I have a shit ton to learn and plan to take it slow. I also realize that no matter how much you know......shit happens, and often it happens to those who claim to know the most. I’ve spent a little bit of time rowing a cat on small rivers and will be taking the La Llorona (still working out the name) for a still water systems check in the morning.

I have a few buddies that own drift boats and I plan to go with them to get my feet wet. I will definitely check out your suggested reads.

750 is steal! Had this same boat it worked great! If anyone wants s birddog this is right down the road.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55898321

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

^is a fishing machine. Especially for smaller rivers. I love mine.