Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Excellent purchase and provenance.

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 12-13-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Ended up buying it. Kind of had to. Homeboy was all secretive because of craigslist weirdos so we met at a coffee shop. Ended upbeing an old college buddy I hadn’t seen since college. He got jacked up in a ski accident and dropped off the radar. Bought a place not far from me and started a family. Seemed to be doing well.

The bike needs a bit of work and might not be ideal but the frame is pristine. It fits and I’m not too stretched out. Looks like I’ll be able to squeeze a 36 or 38 between the stays. Needs new tires so good time to try something wider than what’s on it. Ultegra/105/XT setup. Avid shorty 4 brakes. Seemed to stop okay.
    Hey nice purchase! Just missed this... see my post above, but now have some fun riding it!!!

Deal or no deal? Should I buy this old Dean

If there’s space in the frame, the reason to get disc tabs is to be able to run a new set of wheels. The choice for wide rim brake wheel sets is nada.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    If there’s space in the frame, the reason to get disc tabs is to be able to run a new set of wheels. The choice for wide rim brake wheel sets is nada.
    Velocity makes some wider rim-brake rims.

And you can get away with gravel tires (35-40) on roadish rims. I have 40s on shimano road rims and, yeah not ideal, but I haven't had any issues. Tubeless would be nice but not mandatory.

Disc tabs added on, with old canti studs still on, will cost $$ and probably devalue the frame.

conundrum, is this bike still for sale?

Saw the bike on CL here in Boise, and then it was gone. Did you ever sell it? Thx, -Doug