Spring/Summer Skiing Helmet?

Looking for another helmet to use for the really warm days. The Sweet Trooper I have I like. It's great for mid-winter, but not what I want for when it gets hot. I am a sweat hog. Any recommendations?

MTB Helmet?

Randocommando helmet in red

Was looking at the Sweet Switcher... Replacing SMITH Vantage which is well vented with removable ears... I've used bike helmet before too. But some climbing helmet from Mammut, petzl, BD, or Camp will have headlamp clips though less protection from a ski crash, maybe better for rockfall?
    Last edited by Summit; 03-28-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Salomon MTN Lab. Light, airy, low profile, climbing certified.

K2 Route is a lightweight touring helmet with headlamp clips. If you have big googles you might need to Dremel under the brim, but otherwise it's pretty nice.

Smith Vantage with pads removed works for me

Pret Cynic is 14.5oz with the removeable pads/earmuffs which is lighter than any other helmet on the market IIRC. Remove those pads and it's probably around 12 oz.

It's also the helmet that Jonathan Ellsworth was wearing when he took a huge fall in the colorado backcountry in July 2017, breaking his neck. For sure saved his noggin though... and convinced me it was a good buy.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 6.26.23 AM.png
Views: 358
Size:  721.7 KB

I’ve been using a Mammut El Cap and it’s better than expected on the up. Breathes well and handles goggles on the brim ok.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Rb6vjCh.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	276348

I like the APH-5
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Pret Cynic is 14.5oz with the removeable pads/earmuffs which is lighter than any other helmet on the market IIRC. Remove those pads and it's probably around 12 oz.

It's also the helmet that Jonathan Ellsworth was wearing when he took a huge fall in the colorado backcountry in July 2017, breaking his neck. For sure saved his noggin though... and convinced me it was a good buy.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 6.26.23 AM.png
Views: 358
Size:  721.7 KB
    Holy fuck!

Thanks for the recs. The randocommando in red got me thinking to look at the mountaineering offerings. Pulled the trigger on the Salewa Vert. Looks to be just what I was looking for and is still considered a skiing helmet. No luck getting the red one though.

I like my CAMP helmet for warm weather

although not the most fashionable, I've been using the mammut alpine rider helmet. Certified for climbing and skiing and one of, if not the lightest with both those certs, @280grams with out the ear flaps. Has goggle and headlight clips. Not that venty but works for me. https://skimo.co/mammut-alpine-rider-helmet