Thread: Equipment question: boots and aftermarket liners...

Equipment question: boots and aftermarket liners...

I have a many years old pair of Nordica Speedmachine 120 boots...yes, soft and I am old.

Shells are basically perfect, but after 400 odd days, I am thinking liners are packed out. I have footbeds I have used for 15 years from Bootfitters in Telluride and are still solid.

Anyone have thoughts on Intuition liners? Any others to consider?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Shells are basically perfect, but after 400 odd days, I am thinking liners are packed out.
    400 days!!!

What?!?!

Come on.

You could get at least another 200 days out of those liners.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I probably have dress socks thicker than your liners at this point.

One of my ski buddies has been in the same pair of boots since the mid 90s. I give him shit all the time.

I hear Surefoot liners are nice. They are on my short list. Also, wrong forum.

so we're just gonna let this slide without a TECH TALK JONG?

I'd just get new pair of boots. Modern plastics have come a LONG way and the new boots will perform better, be as (or more) comfortable and most importantly be way, way lighter.

Otherwise, new liners will probably work. But for the cost it's not much more to get into a pair of new boots that should be on sale this time of year.

Intuitions rescued my boots, which I finally euthanized after half the buckles had broken and I could no longer find acceptable replacements. It's worth having them professionally fitted. As long as the footbeds are intact they should be fine. 400 days doesn't mean the shells are shot IMO, unless the toe and heel sole pieces are too worn to be safe in bindings. Replacement pads might be hard to find for old boots. Have the bootfitter look at those when you go in for Intuitions; you might walk out with new boots.
    And next time--TECH TALK JONG, like the man said. If you have any more questions please start a new thread, or better yet post in the existing Intuition thread in Tech Talk, and delete this thread. Thank you.

Equipment question: boots and aftermarket liners...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I'd just get new pair of boots. Modern plastics have come a LONG way and the new boots will perform better.
    Nows the time to do it, if they have your size.

My RX130’s have >500 days and I just picked up a pair of RS130 Wides for 50%.

Praxis RX
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Praxis RX
    120 or 130 flex?

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    X2
    Since when is 120 "soft"? I have moved into a pair of K2 Spyne 110s and love them. Too many years in over-stiff boots...

Plastic boots soften over the years. So there is that. And the flex number is kind of meaningless. here is no standard.

But I really love my Solly Guns which likely have 400 days on them as well. I believe those were listed as a 95 flex when they came out. Still stiffer than a lot of boots with the number 120 piste don the side.

My 130 ghosts oooh are stiff as fuck. Love skiing gin them, but they just wreck my feet, especially after ankle surgery.

Holy shit those liners must stink.

Third set of liners. And they all stink. After one use. It’s my super power. Don’t fuck with me or I’ll take my shoes off.

I heard the SEARCH JONG model is what you want to revitalize an old pair of boots.

And no joke, after 400(!) days, isn't there a serious danger of on-hill failure on a cold day?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

my liners no stink

I dry them with lavender pedals picked by dozens of scantily clad nimfs that have bathed in rose milk.
    watch out for snakes

Nymphs?

Stuck. Funny you ask. I think I bought these boots from you. Or sold you a pair of 27s around the same time.

Doesn’t really get cold here. This winter was freezing and it was never really below 15F

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    My humblest apologies for the error. I don’t read many of the other forums. Thanks for suggestions all. Will try to do better in future!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk