Fischer ski AT BOOT for Splitboarder

I see a deal in the local craigslist for Fischer Transalp Boots at 225. Wondering if they could be modded and would work with Sparks (dyno dh + tech toe piece) and be an overall good hardboot split boarding touring boot? Anything I should be concerned about, from both split board and boot perspective?

No search results about this specific question on tgr before anyone calls me an absolute jong, only one thread on splitboarding forum that's pretty inconclusive.

sure, if the boot fits you, why not?

I skied with a guide who skis and splits using a stock TLT7, he sez becuz he also uses the boot for skiing he doesn't find the boot too stiff so doesn't feel the need need to modify but I think MOST splitters modify their boots to make them soft

so the questions might be do you want to soften the boot and how do you make this boot soft ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Seems like they should be fine as long as they fit well. Maybe a little stiff in stock form depending on your weight. I ride backlands without the tongue or strap for reference.

XXX ER how does he use a tlt 7 for splitboarding? No toe welt.

OP, I'd look at something lighter. I also use atomic backlands currently, stock but no tongue. Had aliens before and they rode good too. Have you used hardboots before? Cuz riding style, weight, stance, boot fit, all play a big role in what boots work for a person. I personally don't like the feel of superlight carbon boots, but know guys who do.

Ha, you got me! He was on a Tlt7 but maybe he was talking about using another of the TLT's with a welt, I don't remeber ?

but the point was he was telling another splitter he didnt mind a stiffer AT hard boot for splitting cuz he is used to skiing them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah the TLT5,6 are pretty popular for hardbooters and so it was a big disappointment (to this super niche crowd of course) when they got rid of the toe welt for the TLT7.

You could probably mod the transalps to be softer but you'll probably be on your own figuring out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Ha, you got me! He was on a Tlt7 but maybe he was talking about using another of the TLT's with a welt, I don't remeber ?

but the point was he was telling another splitter he didnt mind a stiffer AT hard boot for splitting cuz he is used to skiing them
    I was genuinely curious, cuz i tried them on and they fit well, flex well, and are light. Was wondering if he had some custom binding system he'd backwoods engineered

Not a splitboarder, but intrigued by the hardboot concept.

For those sad about the loss of TLT6, dynafit sell the "Speedfit" boot, which is essentially a plastic cuff tlt6 with no tongue, and can be had cheaply.