Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2019

Arm>mm>Two step>silver queen>RB was primo yesterday. the hot temps have actually made things wetter since last saturday, but in a good way. RB is firing with traction right now. The new trail, Silver Queen, is really fun for berms, ride it now before its a sand box, worth the pedal up.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Coyote loop was $$ on Sat minus the low hanging branches hidden behind corners trying to snag your fork. One of them sent me for a classy front flip but I under-rotated and landed on my head.
    I pulled a bunch of other branches off the side after that but there are still some booby traps along the way. And the scary Great Pyrenees are at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Arm>mm>Two step>silver queen>RB was primo yesterday. the hot temps have actually made things wetter since last saturday, but in a good way. RB is firing with traction right now. The new trail, Silver Queen, is really fun for berms, ride it now before its a sand box, worth the pedal up.
    Silver Queen is OK, kinda fun I thought and then I pedaled over to U.T. later in the same ride. uh, if you wanna talk about berms, those berms are fucking insane. Nice work, whoever-built-that. Hope it stays off Trailforks for a bit.

Speedbag + Red Chief + Johns 99 have trees down on them, Empire Link is clear. Mojave was closed Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    And the scary Great Pyrenees are at it...
    Def scary and they chased one of us, but the bigger older ones are on another level. We saw them last week and they were young and playful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8580.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	286096

Hit me with the deets on this U.T. You speak of.......I think the reason silver queen was so good was the Velcro grip and knowing how much of a gong show that trail will be when it gets blown out. There was definitely one berm that just ended right when I wanted to actually use it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Trail is Undertow on lower DV, starts where NCS starts. When I rode it Saturday I didn't realize that was the first day it was open, nor did I realize DV lifts were spinning that day and everyone knows about it, ha. I thought DV had a delayed opening this year.

Anyone been through upper Logan Canyon lately? Going to be at Bear Lake Fri-Sun.

Juicy weather up in Park City today. Winter does not want to let go. Started around 10AM in the sun, by the time I was halfway up Armstrong the graupel had started. Hit Mid Mountain in the middle of a serious squall with temps in the mid 40s. Hikers with rain coats over puffy jackets seemed to think I was doing it wrong but the dirt was so tacky it was worth the frozen nuts.

Hit Silver Queen I agree, it's a really good addition but within 2 weeks it will have braking craters big enough to fall in and never get out... Had to do a couple laps on it so I can remember it fondly when it looks like the bottom of Spiro.

Name:	PANO_20190622_105757.vr.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	579.9 KB 
ID:	286531

An otherwise excellent ride Friday on WOW was ruined when we got back to the upper trailhead and saw my friend's tailgate pad had been stolen. Stupid thieves. Lock your stuff up.

Name:	20190621_171114.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	286578

Name:	20190621_171757.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	286579

Name:	20190621_174648.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	286580

Silver Queen was still in great shape Sunday evening. That trail is rad.
    I rode Undertow on Thursday evening, and thought it was ok. I'm pretty sure it will also earn it's own check-box on the PC ER check-in sheet....under-jumping, over-jumping, excavation holes on the inside of a bunch of those weird hip rollers...and a massive tree right on the outside exit of what I think was the first massive right hand berm.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I rode Undertow on Thursday evening, and thought it was ok. I'm pretty sure it will also earn it's own check-box on the PC ER check-in sheet....
    Let me know what I can do. I'm here to help.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

under-jumping, over-jumping, excavation holes on the inside of a bunch of those weird hip rollers...and a massive tree right on the outside exit of what I think was the first massive right hand berm.

Sounds like something"The Enthusiasts" will love.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wasatch 2019

Im sure they’re all chattering about it but I wouldn’t know. - engage smug- I killed my FB account, in no small part because of the useless shit that kept popping up in my feed from that clown show. I know I could unfollow or turn off updates, but it also just embodies what bothers me about mountain biking currently - disengage smug - engage Crud - I don’t feel like we need to ‘grow the sport’ anymore...and I definitely don’t need to see anymore dead sailor jump videos from shitty Eagle Mountain.

After riding Undertow a bunch, I think it’s best ridden slow-ish, and good for intermediates who do go slow and yeah, who the trail is built for. If you go too fast a lot of it is kinda awkward.

I still think the berms are fucking awesome.

Im sure they’re all chattering about it but I wouldn’t know. - engage smug- I killed my FB account, in no small part because of the useless shit that kept popping up in my feed from that clown show. I know I could unfollow or turn off updates, but it also just embodies what bothers me about mountain biking currently - disengage smug - engage Crud - I don’t feel like we need to ‘grow the sport’ anymore...and I definitely don’t need to see anymore dead sailor jump videos from shitty Eagle Mountain.

I wish I could nuke mine, work keeps me crawling back into that cesspool.

*searches eagle mountain videos*

whoa

talk about a gateway to enthusiasm
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I rode Undertow on Thursday evening, and thought it was ok. I'm pretty sure it will also earn it's own check-box on the PC ER check-in sheet....under-jumping, over-jumping, excavation holes on the inside of a bunch of those weird hip rollers...and a massive tree right on the outside exit of what I think was the first massive right hand berm.
    I assume GL built Undertow? Why does GL keep building lame trails here?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    As far as toning down the trail, if they'd just give it a couple of weeks, the beaters will roll all those lips into submission.
    Only took one dry week. Pedaled a few laps on it last night with the kiddo and his friend after our shuttle buddy had to bail. It's hammered. Gonna be real ugly come August.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Only took one dry week. Pedaled a few laps on it last night with the kiddo and his friend after our shuttle buddy had to bail. It's hammered. Gonna be real ugly come August.
    It just needs some regular TLC. It's a brand new trail in some shitty sandy soil. Draper needs to schedule some maintenance on it instead of focusing on Levitate. Don't build it if you're not willing to maintain it.

Personally I think it's going to be a maintenance nightmare, due to the aforementioned shitty sandy soil. Not much you can really do maintenance-wise when those soils are bone dry. Still pretty fun though.

I'm sure it's not their call, they have to build what they are told to build.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I'm sure it's not their call, they have to build what they are told to build.
    Yeah, I figured as much. Still, it seems like it dilutes the brand and ultimately works against their long-term interest. Seems weird on DV's part, too. Why pay top dollar for a company like GL to build a trail and then micromanage it into suckage?

It may not be every persons definition of suckage. I've heard and read lots of things so far where people are psyched on it. I personally haven't ridden it but I've got an idea in my head what it's all about. You can't please everyone but that type of trail seems to be what people want. Look at how many people ride vertigo and levitate and think those are the best trails ever built. The masses want blue flow, at least around here it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    It may not be every persons definition of suckage. I've heard and read lots of things so far where people are psyched on it. I personally haven't ridden it but I've got an idea in my head what it's all about. You can't please everyone but that type of trail seems to be what people want. Look at how many people ride vertigo and levitate and think those are the best trails ever built. The masses want blue flow, at least around here it seems.
    Just because those cunts on Facebook are psyched on it, doesn't mean "the masses" like it. They think fezzari is the best bike brand on the planet ffs.

Yeah, I figured as much. Still, it seems like it dilutes the brand and ultimately works against their long-term interest. Seems weird on DV's part, too. Why pay top dollar for a company like GL to build a trail and then micromanage it into suckage?
    Gravity Logic did build Undertow. But, they also built Zooropa in CC (is this trail even open this season? I’ve heard it may be a complete re-do) so everything they touch isn’t necessarily gold.

That being said, I generally try not to complain about the quality of new, expensive-but-free-to-me trails, especially with the volume we have been receiving them.

I haven’t ridden Undertow yet, but the feedback I have heard is generally positive. Rode Silver Queen today for the second time and think it’s pretty fun.

Wasatch 2019

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Just because those cunts on Facebook are psyched on it, doesn't mean "the masses" like it. They think fezzari is the best bike brand on the planet ffs.
    I wasn’t referring to them at all. Don’t think I’ve seen anything on there about that trail.

The scene around here is dominated by spandex xc warriors who get fired up for cruisy trails, lots of switchbacks, small tables and berms.