Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Wasatch 2019

what's flanders?

Fat Lip looks like it got a little love. Just enough, not too much, itís riding great. TG below BF got a little brushback too, the turns are a little less blind. Primo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Coming down from the top of Little Cottonwood Trail (ruins), the first left is Cool Way. Cool Way exits back onto main trail just below Lisa Falls. Flanders is rider's right just below that (double black techy area down to 3rd bridge). Not on maps. It's "Tech Gnar" segment on Strava, if you follow that.

Thanks for the recon reports, I'm out of town this week. Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Mandelbrot is still 3 weeks out from being GTG. Mandelbrot season is going to be a month long this year, amazing.
    Curios if you know the history behind this trail name? Iíve been riding it for a long time and have always referred to it just as the ďCastle Inner Loop.Ē Never heard the name Mandelbrot until I saw a Strava segment with that name fairly recently.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Fat Lip looks like it got a little love. Just enough, not too much, it’s riding great. TG below BF got a little brushback too, the turns are a little less blind. Primo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Don’t even tell me they flushed the angry grouse outta Fat Lip, I don’t wanna hear it...

What’s next? No more close out turns on BF??

I didn't see him when I rode Fat Lip last week.

Coming down from the top of Little Cottonwood Trail (ruins), the first left is Cool Way. Cool Way exits back onto main trail just below Lisa Falls. Flanders is rider's right just below that (double black techy area down to 3rd bridge). Not on maps. It's "Tech Gnar" segment on Strava, if you follow that.
    Ah, ok. been riding that for about 10 years, didn't know it had a name.

LCC Trail work, 9am Saturday (8/17/19) at Lisa Falls trailhead, working til' 1pm or so. Tools provided. We are trying to rebuild what Mother Nature wiped out!

What tools are exactly provided, hopefully a D5 for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What tools are exactly provided, hopefully a D5 for everyone?
    Heh. Wish I could make it. I need to refill my dig karma bank badly!

LCC Trail work, 9am Saturday (8/17/19) at Lisa Falls trailhead, working til' 1pm or so. Tools provided. We are trying to rebuild what Mother Nature wiped out!
    I'll be there if I can drag my carcass out of bed in the AM.

Got greedy this morning with a variation of
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Mill F-Crest-Millcreek Meadows-GWT-Big Water-Mill D
    and as usual bit more than I could chew. I tried to time the up so I could get to the top of Puke Hill between waves of shuttle donkeys but I failed miserably. There's so much spread between riders who are banging out a fast lap before work and those who are strolling up PH looking at the flowers that you're pretty much guaranteed to have to deal with 20+ peeps on Crest. I'm one of these idiots who sees someone ahead on a trail and has to chase them down at top speed. By the time I had passed half of the pack I was deep in the pain cave and when I finally ran out of people to chase I felt like my legs were entirely made of congealed lactic acid. Climbing from the Big Water parking lot to Deso Lake felt exactly like the last up on a huge tour when you're at the bottom of a steep drainage, the skinner isn't in, your skins won't stick, you got blisters, no food or water, and your underwear is bunching up at every 3rd step.

Everyone I ran into was psyched though, beautiful day out, hard not to have a grand old time shredding the brown pow. The dust is coming back but it's nowhere near as bad as early July. My first bike pose, I'm usually too stupid to find a way to make it stand up on its own (that's what she said):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190816_132948.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	291397

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANO_20190816_132954.vr.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	291398

That Big Water climb is stiff after 1k' of Puke Hill and the 3 Bitches already behind you...... Glad you didn't take Little Water, it would have killed you! :-D

Every year I end up spending a day at various NICA race loops. Does anyone know if the single tracks behind soldier hollow are legal? I’ll be on them again next year.