Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2019

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    That being said, I generally try not to complain about the quality of new, expensive-but-free-to-me trails, especially with the volume we have been receiving them.
    Fully agree there. There just seems to be some weird decision making behind some of these trails. I'm still looking forward to riding it. Even if I don't like it, at least everyone who does is one less person on the trails I like.

[Thread Drift] Please stop with the U2 trail names, Draper, that band gobbles horsecock [/Thread Drift]

Anyone know status of black forest/Flagstaff/upper trails in that area?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Fat Lip and Black Forest are GTG. I couple small snow patches on BF. Keystone is clear to Shadow Lake, a couple damp spots.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Fat Lip and Black Forest are GTG. I couple small snow patches on BF. Keystone is clear to Shadow Lake, a couple damp spots.
    That makes my nether regions tingle
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    [Thread Drift] Please stop with the U2 trail names, Draper, that band gobbles horsecock [/Thread Drift]

Anyone know status of black forest/Flagstaff/upper trails in that area?
    The private donor who paid for those trails got to name them. I guess he’s into U2.

Im trying to get the money together to donate a trail of my own. Gonna be called Sugar Ray.

What's the classy way to loops these in from MM?? I'm still fighting the spaghetti bowl up there... Armstrong to MM to CMG to Apex all the way to Shadow Lake then down Keystone and onto Fat Lip and down Black Forest?? Then back on MM to 2steps to see how destroyed Silver Queen is...

Going up CMG is a bit daring, there are some fast riders going down it. Armtrong or jennis to MM, tommy 2-step, 3 candles, keystone to FL to BF.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Going up CMG is a bit daring, there are some fast riders going down it.
    It is a fairly enjoyable climb, but they should really make it DH-only at this point.

True. the best route up probably is CMG-MM-TTS-TC-Keystone, if it wasn't for those hot-doggers going down CMG.

I guess you could also do upper CMG above MM to thaynes Road (if you go up Armstrong) and do the flat Thaynes road to 3 candles, you'd avoid a lot of people on MM and TTS that way, but it's splitting hairs really.

I prefer up Jenni's to MM, then Two Step, etc. Rumor is TTS is going to be uphill only soon (makes sense with Mojave and Silver Queen DH only). 2 days ago we went up Jennis then up Keystone (old school climb), nobody does that anymore. The Keystone section in the woods was choice.

I love the arm>upper CMG>apex>Keystone route. Cmg below MM is too damned fun at 30mph. Jennis to tts>three candles>Keystone left>fat lip black Forrest is A+ leg burner. I’m wondering how much flak PC/Vail is getting for not having a directional downhill trail between MM and lower CMG. My lady got hit by some older lady on a rental bike coming down Jennis the other day, she was holding her uphill dominance and this woman didn’t stop. I wish the rental people would give some very clear and strict instructions on uphill but I’m not holding my breath on that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I picked up a PCMR bike haul pass today. Started the lift season with a double-flat coming down Loose Moose. Oddly enough there was another guy standing there with the same bike as me who also flatted in the same spot.

John's is also a good option to get up to MM and Tommy's.

Agreed that upper CMG-Apex-Keystone/Shadow lake is a great ascent. I generally prefer it to Pinecone for Crest access.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-29-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    trail beta
    trail beta
    trail beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    trail beta
    Thanks for this ^^. Good call on avoiding CMG on the up, I was only considering the upper section but having now ridden the whole thing I agree it should probably be directional.
    I went up the usual Armstrong > MM > T2S > 3Candle then up Keystone to the lake (still a fair bit of snow around there) then up the Jupiter dirt road to Apex. Had an encounter with a juvenile bull but he was very well behaved and yielded to uphill traffic. There's still a fair bit of snow on Apex, 3 or 4 big drifts to walk through. Hopped back on Keystone to Fat Lip and Black Forest. Rowdy climbing to rowdy DH, I thought I was in the PNW for a second... Lots of dead fall at the start of BF too.

Ended up in upper Deer Valley, trails are not quite there yet, even more deadfall and a few drifts to negotiate on Ontario/Flagstaff loop. I almost got swallowed by mud crossing a small wet area where a single track connects to a dirt road, looked like a small bit of runoff from snow melt but I buried my front wheel almost to the axle... Good times. The moon dust is already forming on the lower mountain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190629_133731.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	287269

Name:	IMG_20190629_133738.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	287270

Name:	IMG_20190629_162859.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	287271

I should say my favorite way to BF is up the Crescent Lift to 3 Candles.

Tonight’s PC ride....didn’t see one biker. That makes a good ride no matter what.

Name:	8F17EBD5-C96A-4C0D-B719-517389F100E9.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	790.7 KB 
ID:	287314

I should say my favorite way to BF is up the Crescent Lift to 3 Candles.
    That attitude won't get you up Ben Lomond, son.

Never heard of it.

So true, ha. I actually skipped the lifts last night specifically thinking I need a ton more uphill miles for ben Lomond in August, I'm thinking of that ride a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Never heard of it.
    Heh. Point taken, but I don't think you have much to worry about. Despite the radness of the descent, I've managed to get exactly one friend to go up that thing with me, once, and he likes to do 24-hr races solo. When you tell people they have to drive to North Ogden and then climb 6k they usually just look at you funny and try to change the subject.

Heh. Point taken, but I don't think you have much to worry about. Despite the radness of the descent, I've managed to get exactly one friend to go up that thing with me, once, and he likes to do 24-hr races solo. When you tell people they have to drive to North Ogden and then climb 6k they usually just look at you funny and try to change the subject.
    Ha. I'm getting cut tomorrow so I'm out for a few weeks at least.

So true, ha. I actually skipped the lifts last night specifically thinking I need a ton more uphill miles for ben Lomond in August, I'm thinking of that ride a lot.
    Nice. I'm out of town Aug 10-18 but otherwise I'm game.

This sounds like the type of miserable grind I can get behind. Esp since it's one of my favorite peaks in the winter. Keep me in mind if you need someone to grumble uphill with ya.

I've been wanting to do Ben Lomond for a while, hopefully I can make it happen this year!

Anyone interested in a PCMR sufferfest early AM on the 4th? Newpark to newpark via trailside, RV, lost prospector deercrest to MM, to UOP? Lots of bailouts down or options to add on up. Thinking about 50 miles and 5-6k.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’d get in on this BL group suffer