Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Nice. Planning on a Red Bull lap with the kid and some of his friends on Thursday.
    Based on what I saw last night, I think you'll have a pretty good time.

Response on moose puddle, etc. Lower half is a favorite of my nine year old. It’s close to our home. Not something I would drive to.

Rode at Conner canyon today. Trails were dry but rutted in spots due to people riding them wet. Heads up. Saw a draper cop riding up ghost falls on a bike fully kitted out in cop gear. He appeared to be wearing a bullet proof vest too. Can't imagine how hot that must be. He was talking to a group about riding to fast. I wanted to say to him that going up ghost falls is him taking a risk. I certainly wouldn't be burning at peak view anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wasatch 2019

Yup, a few sketchy ruts on Rush that could eat a tire unfortunately. Cops around there aren't a new thing either. Looking forward to riding in PC next week, its about time!

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Rode at Conner canyon today. Trails were dry but rutted in spots due to people riding them wet. Heads up. Saw a draper cop riding up ghost falls on a bike fully kitted out in cop gear. He appeared to be wearing a bullet proof vest too. Can't imagine how hot that must be. He was talking to a group about riding to fast. I wanted to say to him that going up ghost falls is him taking a risk. I certainly wouldn't be burning at peak view anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    His name is Ryan. He's pretty harmless. I ride with a flask on my frame and he's mentioned it to me, but said those types of infractions are the last thing he's looking for. He's more interested in poachers of the wheeled or pawed types. In the last three years, I've only seen him on the bike once. He's usually cruising around in his F-150.

He was actually really nice to me personally. I was just surprised to see a cop on the trails in full on cop kit.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup, a few sketchy ruts on Rush that could eat a tire unfortunately. Cops around there aren't a new thing either. Looking forward to riding in PC next week, its about time!
    I was already done but, a friend of a friend got her tire snagged in one of those ruts yesterday and knocked herself out. She came around and got out on her own power but ended up with an orbital fracture.

I noticed a lot of ruts leftover from wet days. They didn't really give me any problems but it's a shame, pretty unnecessary.

In other news, new lower-lower Rush is pretty sweet. Too much of a headwind yesterday afternoon to go for the bigger jumps but I look forward to getting to know it better.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

In other news, new lower-lower Rush is pretty sweet. Too much of a headwind yesterday afternoon to go for the bigger jumps but I look forward to getting to know it better.
    Do it soon, that new section is slated to be toned down very soon. Ideally before one of those early step-downs snaps a NICA headtube.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    His name is Ryan. He's pretty harmless. I ride with a flask on my frame and he's mentioned it to me, but said those types of infractions are the last thing he's looking for. He's more interested in poachers of the wheeled or pawed types. In the last three years, I've only seen him on the bike once. He's usually cruising around in his F-150.
    I agree Officer Clegg is generally harmless, but I’m still philosophically opposed to a dedicated police officer patrolling a trail network full-time. I think being approached by an armed officer with a bulletproof vest on is a disproportionate response to having a dog in the watershed, riding a closed or muddy trail, or riding too fast. All of it. If there needs to be someone monitoring activities in Corner Canyon on a full-time basis, I think it would be a lot more productive if they had more of a Smokey the Bear vibe. It is somewhat ridiculous that we have an armed police officer riding his e-bike (err, the city’s e-bike) with a bulletproof vest on on the daily. The good news is, Park City is starting to shape up!
    Last edited by One (+) Sentence; 06-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Do it soon, that new section is slated to be toned done very soon. Ideally before one of those early step-downs snaps a NICA headtube.
    Not surprising. My coworker broke his collarbone on one and I've heard several other stories of people getting hurt in there.

Do it soon, that new section is slated to be toned down very soon. Ideally before one of those early step-downs snaps a NICA headtube.
    Well that sucks.

I agree Officer Clegg is generally harmless, but I’m still philosophically opposed to a dedicated police officer patrolling a trail network full-time. I think being approached by an armed officer with a bulletproof vest on is a disproportionate response to having a dog in the watershed, riding a closed or muddy trail, or riding too fast. All of it. If there needs to be someone monitoring activities in Corner Canyon on a full-time basis, I think it would be a lot more productive if they had more of a Smokey the Bear vibe. It is somewhat ridiculous that we have an armed police officer riding his e-bike (err, the city’s e-bike) with a bulletproof vest on on the daily. The good news is, Park City is starting to shape up!
    I'm philosophically opposed to picking half-digested Alpo out of my drinking water, so as far as I'm concerned, if he wants to tow a howitzer on his e-bike while wearing a medieval suit of armor, so be it. In other news, there is a "Smokey the Bear" trail monitor. Draper has dubbed them "Trail Ambassadors." They're mostly equestrians, and fucking clueless and useless. One of them told me that Canyon Hollow was closed to bikes, but open to horses and pedestrians... so there's that. As far as toning down the trail, if they'd just give it a couple of weeks, the beaters will roll all those lips into submission.

That's really fucking lame but I can't say I'm surprised. Not sure how it got labeled as a blue, by CC standards that trail is a triple black diamond.

For sure. The only thing consistent in CC is it’s inconsistency.

Worked on new directional DH trail connecting to Maple Hollow. Supposed to be “advanced intermediate “. Whatever, but it was staked out at 5% grade ie. not downhill.

New random lower lower Rush shows up, rated “intermediate”, full on, full commitment gnar.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    That's really fucking lame but I can't say I'm surprised. Not sure how it got labeled as a blue, by CC standards that trail is a triple black diamond.
    Yeah, not sure how that was labeled a blue. They are the most advanced jumps in CC and also the easiest to access without a shuttle vehicle. I think it may be being worked on today.

I think one issue the city is having is that they have contracted with multiple trail building firms to build different trails. Some stuff is Gravity Logic, some stuff is Apex, some stuff is Wasatch Trails Co, etc etc and there maybe some one-up’ing (and definitely some inconsistencies) going on amongst them all to show what they are all capable of.

I was really hoping that it was a sign of better things to come but it sounds like it was just a mistake that is going to get dumbed down like the rest of the stuff there. Oh well.

Yeah, not sure how that was labeled a blue. They are the most advanced jumps in CC and also the easiest to access without a shuttle vehicle. I think it may be being worked on today.

I think one issue the city is having is that they have contracted with multiple trail building firms to build different trails. Some stuff is Gravity Logic, some stuff is Apex, some stuff is Wasatch Trails Co, etc etc and there maybe some one-up’ing (and definitely some inconsistencies) going on amongst them all to show what they are all capable of.
    Do you have any info regarding the rumors from a few years ago that a hand-cut, old-school rocky/techy DH trail was going to be put in near Jacobs Ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I was really hoping that it was a sign of better things to come but it sounds like it was just a mistake that is going to get dumbed down like the rest of the stuff there. Oh well.
    I had the same optimism. I guess I'll go back to just being happy that there's a one-way option all the way to the bottom now.

I haven’t heard anything about that.

Do you have any info regarding the rumors from a few years ago that a hand-cut, old-school rocky/techy DH trail was going to be put in near Jacobs Ladder?

I spoke to Greg about that trail a few months ago. Most of the newer trails have been privately funded, there isn't a donor interested in taking that one on. I think it's on the back burner for now. They're also too busy getting that private property owner to knock it off with the illegal cabins.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    They're also too busy getting that private property owner to knock it off with the illegal cabins.
    Never heard of this particular issue before.

Never heard of this particular issue before.
    There's a guy who owns 40 acres in the middle of Draper's property. He started putting up some temporary structures on it a couple of years ago. You can see them if you look southwest from the top of Jacob's ladder. They're all illegal, he didn't pull any permits, and he's made a fucking mess dragging that shit up there. He even brought up mini excavator to try and solve some drainage problems on Draper city's property. Needless to say, he's a fucktard and it didn't work. Now they're working through attorneys to get it figured out.

I always wondered WTF was up with those. You'd have some amazing views if you lived there.

FYI there have been some smash and grabs at the road to WOS trailhead this week according to FB.

Lower Rush was still pretty sendy today. Linked up Blaylock, Levitate and Jacob's down from the house for a dad's day ride.

It's Yurt season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've hit Armstrong to mid mountain through to CMG and the other way through Holly's and both were good. Took a kid from Stein across mid mountain to
    Spiro. Give that at least another week. Lots of snow drift hikes.
    Been climbing Robs a lot and descending through the Olympic park. It's all good or has ropes across it if it isn't.

The good dirt has lasted longer this year with the wetter spring. Fun!