Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Haha that's funny because I did the same thing on sunday, except I fell down and had my bike land on top of me much to my wife's enjoyment.

Pic I snapped on this morning's ride
    Attachment 288533
    There were some hikers over near the parking lot. All I could think about was "don't fall because they'll take your picture and post it on social media"

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    With the exception of one HUDGE downed tree, Bear Trap was in great shape.
    Ohhh I've never ridden down bear trap. Where does bear trap rank for you on exits from the crest? (assuming that's what you're doing, I can't imagine climbing bear trap is any fun)

I like it a lot. It's mostly narrow and rocky and -20% average grade, so if you're into that you'll like it. One of the guys I took down it would rather ride machine built stuff and pretty much hated it. Approximately 99% fewer hikers than Mill D which is awesome. We came down about 3 pm and saw two hikers. I'll bet there were 50+ on Mill D at that time.

Is the parking area at the top of Guardsman Pass still open? I had been told over the winter that they were planning on closing it.

I like it a lot. It's mostly narrow and rocky and -20% average grade, so if you're into that you'll like it.
    People love it or absolutely hate it. Luckily most fall into the latter and there's rarely anyone on it.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Is the parking area at the top of Guardsman Pass still open? I had been told over the winter that they were planning on closing it.
    Main parking area closed 7/8 for construction of trailhead facilities. The sign that's there doesn't specify exactly what those facilities will be, but I'm guessing at least pavement, painted parking stalls and bathrooms. No estimated completion date was posted that I saw, but I'd guess that it will be until Labor Day at least.

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    People love it or absolutely hate it. Luckily most fall into the latter and there's rarely anyone on it.
    I definitely like it more since I upgraded brakes from XTs to Hayes Dominion A4s

246mm FTW

I’ve been looping evil empire onto the new rouge build or dark forest and have seen two people after multiple days. It’s steep and unmanicurred, but if you want to get away from the tourons it is sure nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    ...onto the new rouge build...
    Oooh, tell me more.

Took the kiddo down Black Forest a few weeks back. He was a fan.

I tried to pm you, but can’t get it to work.

I got your PMs, thanks!

Sorry about the repeats then.

Mandelbrot is still 3 weeks out from being GTG. Mandelbrot season is going to be a month long this year, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Mandelbrot is still 3 weeks out from being GTG. Mandelbrot season is going to be a month long this year, amazing.
    That's crazy, I rode devil's castle on sunday and there were a few snow patches, but it was more or less GTG

I swear the mosquitoes have been stockpiling snow. You get off your bike to navigate and they gang up on you instantly

Snowbird BMT is GTG. Lots of pointy rocks on that trail. Two flats last night put a damper on things, but still had tons o' fun.

Rode Hi Star on Saturday. RADke is cool but otherwise that place is kinda meh.

Rode Snowbird BMT this morning with the wife. She is still dealing with hip pain post-surgery that is exacerbated by climbing so it was a nice treat for her. Lots of pointy rocks indeed! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2651.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	289666

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2645.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	289667

Checking into this thread for the year and on gimp patrol. Dr is cool with spinning pedals in the street but no brown pow for fugi.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Snowbird BMT is GTG. Lots of pointy rocks on that trail. Two flats last night put a damper on things, but still had tons o' fun.

Rode Hi Star on Saturday. RADke is cool but otherwise that place is kinda meh.
    I’d like to hit it when back from vaca. Heard there are some “improvements”? Anything noticeably different up or down?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    I’d like to hit it when back from vaca. Heard there are some “improvements”? Anything noticeably different up or down?

Edit: talking BM trail.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post

They re-did the jump/berm section after the top of gadzoom. Some of the berms throughout the trail have seen some love and I think there are a couple more optional "side-hits."

Seemed like some minor improvements throughout the trail but no major changes. I was there in the afternoon so I rode up the Peruvian road, which is as suffery and ruthlessly efficient as ever.

I'm a huge Snowbird fanboi, but the recent trail work is not all good. Some of the new lines added are so steep that it's virtually impossible to climb up (I climbed up on Sunday am). I was the only one out of 10 in our group to clean it.

What makes no sense is that they eliminated a good climbing line when putting in the DH line and berms. It would have been easy enough to keep the old line for climbing, while still adding the DH one, but they elected to eliminate the old route entirely. A decent # of folks do climb BMT in the morning before the Tram allows bikes up to Hidden Peak at 11am.

But the berm work has improved a lot, much better than year's past.