Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2019

Aren’t you in the great white north?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Aren’t you in the great white north?

Yeah but I’ll be back sometime in August

Silver Queen was fun this morning and the berms are still in great shape!

Also rode red bull/ski school for the first time, made me feel like I didn't know how to ride a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This sounds like the type of miserable grind I can get behind. Esp since it's one of my favorite peaks in the winter. Keep me in mind if you need someone to grumble uphill with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I've been wanting to do Ben Lomond for a while, hopefully I can make it happen this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I’d get in on this BL group suffer
    Labor Day weekend, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Labor Day weekend, maybe?
    I'll be out of town. Perhaps the weekend before?

Don't have any specific plans yet but most likely won't be in town that weekend either

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Perhaps the weekend before?
    Weekend before could work.

Random question: Are people climbing lower Holly’s to get up Canyons?

Robs is my go to. I climb it most days.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Random question: Are people climbing lower Holly’s to get up Canyons?

Lower Holly’s is good, the climbing trail is separated from the DH trail.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Snowy ape rouge open. Corsair open to the switchback one below the top. Big drift up by top closing the very top, but can access at the road. Beautiful out there.

Snowy ape rogue? That’s a new one to me! Been here 10 years and the name alone sounds like it could be rowdy

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD715E66-36F2-48CC-A420-EAC17D733976.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	543.2 KB 
ID:	287990

Name:	69359031-0B42-43E4-82B3-B5FD3D8147FC.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	685.0 KB 
ID:	287991
    Saw three riders today but didn’t let it ruin my ride. Anyone else get stuck in 2+ hours of I80 holiday traffic tonight? Somebody crossed all lanes to hit a parked highway patrol. Maybe a blown tire? Either way patrol should had more than one fucking lane open, those lazy fuckheads. A dozen of them were gossiping to themselves, doing nothing, with three lanes of buffer for an accident in the ditch, when I passed the shitshow

Name:	81412482-DFA0-434B-A217-2E25E09491D9.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	287992

He was there monitoring (?) a pancaked trailer in the ditch when I went by and traffic was moving smoothly. Must have just missed it. On my way up at 115ish that accident had happened and westbound was backed up to Kimbal, insane. Was wondering if I'd have to take Guardsman home.

Nice day up there today though. Things are getting blown out at PCMR already though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

PSA: Pinecone still 82% snow from the last switchback to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone else get stuck in 2+ hours of I80 holiday traffic tonight? Somebody crossed all lanes to hit a parked highway patrol. Maybe a blown tire? Either way patrol should had more than one fucking lane open, those lazy fuckheads. A dozen of them were gossiping to themselves, doing nothing, with three lanes of buffer for an accident in the ditch, when I passed the shitshow
    Yeah, that was fucked. We had been at the the in-laws in Francis. We hit the road info sign at Jeremy Ranch at about 8:30 which said 30-minute delays and Commuterlink only showed about half a mile of red straddling the summit. Given that data, in the moment it didn't seem worth taking the summit exit, backtracking all the way back into PC and taking Guardsmans home. How spectacularly wrong that was.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    He was there monitoring (?) a pancaked trailer in the ditch when I went by and traffic was moving smoothly. Must have just missed it. On my way up at 115ish that accident had happened and westbound was backed up to Kimbal, insane. Was wondering if I'd have to take Guardsman home.

Nice day up there today though. Things are getting blown out at PCMR already though.
    The cop was monitoring the accident and a second accident happened, maybe around 5:30pm when someone hit the cop car and pinned the cop in with a guy involved in the first accident who was in the back seat. Someone had really bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, that was fucked. We had been at the the in-laws in Francis. We hit the road info sign at Jeremy Ranch at about 8:30 which said 30-minute delays and Commuterlink only showed about half a mile of red straddling the summit. Given that data, in the moment it didn't seem worth taking the summit exit, backtracking all the way back into PC and taking Guardsmans home. How spectacularly wrong that was.
    Exactly, I thought it was a 30 minute wait too as I read the sign, so I didn't turn back. Sign was a damn lie. Why the hell was it just one lane 5 hours after the accident happened, that's what pissed me off. And all the people exiting off Summit to get back on immediately, those fuckers.

I jumped off at Jeremy and drove the frontage road to the summit, that did not work out as well as I thought it might.
    I threw pretzels at the kooks barreling down the right shoulder.

I jumped off at Jeremy and drove the frontage road to the summit, that did not work out as well as I thought it might.

I wish I did too, that might have saved you 45 minutes doing that move, maybe an hour even, at least when I was there it would have.

At least half a dozen of those morons went by us at 30+. I was hoping to find them all at the merge point getting shut down and laughed at, but sadly I was disappointed. I sure as hell wouldn't have let any of those pricks in.

Damn, I thought it was bad coming down at ~1430, crawled up over parleys to just before east canyon where it went back to 70 in the blink of an eye.

had an epic hikeabike around the big snow drift at the top of corvair saturday. thought I could just posthole it and almost ended up sliding down the fall line. had to set a bootpack up and out, and then hike around the upper part of the snowfield to where the trail continued on. otherwise corvair is dry

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    had an epic hikeabike around the big snow drift at the top of corvair saturday. thought I could just posthole it and almost ended up sliding down the fall line.
    Haha that's funny because I did the same thing on sunday, except I fell down and had my bike land on top of me much to my wife's enjoyment.

Pic I snapped on this morning's ride
    Name:  MVIMG_20190715_074807.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  304.9 KB

I can't see the trail, the bike is in the way.

How nice was Saturday up high? Cloudy and mid-60s in July? Yes, please. With the exception of one HUDGE downed tree, Bear Trap was in great shape.