Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Seems legit. But, shit, let's see what the National Institute of Health says.

Abstract
    Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is a molecule with a long history in pharmaceutics and is now well established as a penetration enhancer in topical pharmaceutical formulations. It is currently used for this purpose in diclofenac sodium topical solution (approved in the United States to treat signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis) and idoxuridine topical solution (approved in Europe for the treatment of herpes zoster). This article reviews the mechanism of action of DMSO as a pharmaceutical penetration enhancer, the characteristics of the molecule that facilitate transdermal drug delivery, and studies of efficacy and safety. The clinical use of pharmaceutical-grade DMSO as a penetration enhancer is supported by the robust data that have accumulated over the past 3 decades demonstrating the favorable safety and tolerability profile. Dimethyl sulfoxide is a safe and effective mechanism for facilitating the transdermal delivery of both hydrophilic and lipophilic medications to provide localized drug delivery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22030943

Prolly not as qualified as my stalker, DTM, but they have an opinion, too.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Seems legit. But, shit, let's see what the National Institute of Health says.

Abstract
    Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is a molecule with a long history in pharmaceutics and is now well established as a penetration enhancer in topical pharmaceutical formulations. It is currently used for this purpose in diclofenac sodium topical solution (approved in the United States to treat signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis) and idoxuridine topical solution (approved in Europe for the treatment of herpes zoster). This article reviews the mechanism of action of DMSO as a pharmaceutical penetration enhancer, the characteristics of the molecule that facilitate transdermal drug delivery, and studies of efficacy and safety. The clinical use of pharmaceutical-grade DMSO as a penetration enhancer is supported by the robust data that have accumulated over the past 3 decades demonstrating the favorable safety and tolerability profile. Dimethyl sulfoxide is a safe and effective mechanism for facilitating the transdermal delivery of both hydrophilic and lipophilic medications to provide localized drug delivery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22030943

Prolly not as qualified as my stalker, DTM, but they have an opinion, too.

I've done a lot of work with DMSO as a solvent, putting some pretty toxic compounds into it looking at druggable targets in cell based enzyme screens. We always ran a DMSO % concentration control alone vs Saline or buffer alone, because even 0.1% DMSO had a physiological effect in our assays. It's also my go-to as a cryo-protectant when I'm freezing down cell lines, usually 8-10% DMSO is added to prevent cell damage for storage in liquid nitrogen.

Here's a recent review for human applications-

Adverse reactions of dimethyl sulfoxide in humans: a systematic review
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6707402/

Background: Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) has been used for medical treatment and as a pharmacological agent in humans since the 1960s. Today, DMSO is used mostly for cryopreservation of stem cells, treatment of interstitial cystitis, and as a penetrating vehicle for various drugs. Many adverse reactions have been described in relation to the use of DMSO, but to our knowledge, no overview of the existing literature has been made. Our aim was to conduct a systematic review describing the adverse reactions observed in humans in relation to the use of DMSO.

Methods: This systematic review was reported according to the PRISMA-harms (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic reviews and Meta-Analysis) guidelines. The primary outcome was any adverse reactions occurring in humans in relation to the use of DMSO. We included all original studies that reported adverse events due to the administration of DMSO, and that had a population of five or more.

Results: We included a total of 109 studies. Gastrointestinal and skin reactions were the commonest reported adverse reactions to DMSO. Most reactions were transient without need for intervention. A relationship between the dose of DMSO given and the occurrence of adverse reactions was seen.

Conclusions: DMSO may cause a variety of adverse reactions that are mostly transient and mild. The dose of DMSO plays an important role in the occurrence of adverse reactions. DMSO seems to be safe to use in small doses.

Splat's cream works great on shoulders, less so on knees. I sort of chalked that up to needing deeper penetration into the knee joint, as I could definitely feel it working for the contact sensitivity I had related to the incision. Just about due for another jar soon.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Did you rub it in all the way around the knee joint, mofro? For short term relief that seemed more effective, But I now feel like the long term effectiveness has kicked in.

"stalker", LOL, that's rich.

I'm dead serious when I say that 60 Minutes piece was interesting, truly. Nor did I ever claim that DMSO (or your product) is unsafe or ineffective. Hell, I'm legit tempted to buy some on Amazon and try it out. I merely find the fact that DMSO is now widely available sans-Rx yet remains virtually unheard of...interesting. Maybe it's poised to break the internet any day now.

Also, FYI, other than being archived in PubMed that paper has fuckall to do with the NIH (which runs PubMed). It's sole author lists an @covidien.com email address. To be clear, I am making no value judgements regarding the information provided in the abstract (it has 62 citations, which is pretty good). However, saying that it's "what the National Institute of Health says" is completely false. I sent the author a full text request through ResearchGate, if she responds I'll post up the full text.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 11-27-2019 at 01:22 PM.

When I put it on just the top of my knee its ok but rubbing it in all the way around back and sides works better. Use more than you think.

I have also been using it on my old white water paddling shoulders and it certainly helps.
    watch out for snakes

I got a small jar awhile back and had good results. My injury background: A year out of a back surgery (L5-S1 discectomy) that was successful, but with any nerve related injury I have a lot of residual muscle tightness. Definitely feel my lower back and hip get tight and sore if I don't take great care of it, which isn't always possible. I'm not in serious pain from it ever, but have that constant mild pain irritation and the cream dramatically helped with that. Long drives and things like that where I'm not distracted enough to forget about the pain signals were the most frustrating, and the cream is good enough to provide hours and hours of relief from that. Really helps with sleep too (because of comfort/relaxation). Big big fan. As youd imagine I've tried all sorts of thing and so far this is the best topical I've used. Been craving it now that I'm skiing again and my back isn't too thrilled after a day riding lifts.

Yeah, I think a lot more peeps will be contacting me soon.
    Got a great skier's endorsement in my mail this am...

I went on a double black run
    Thought i'd have me some fun
    Instead, I fell off a cliff
    Tumbled down, never felt so stiff
    When I finally got home
    All I could do was moan
    How did I turn into a gaper?
    Must find me some bud and paper..
    Instead I found my CBD NOW
    And all I can say is WOW
    It did wonders for my aches and pains
    I wonder if this could heal mankind's brains
    Til' then i'll keep shredding the pow
    And I cant stop raving about CBD NOW.

Thanks Splat, I fell off the cornice at Kirkwood's backside yesterday, the first time I landed it ok, the second time it was icy as fuck and the sun already went down so I couldn't see the shadows on the landing point, Landed like a jerry and fucked up my right hip and butt muscles, I couldn't even turn right because it hurt so much, I had to do a gaper's wedge all the way down to Timber Creek Lodge. When we got home to SF I slathered on some CBD NOW last night and holy shit the pain is all gone. WTF it is a MIRACLE CREAM.

I've been a user for about 60 days now, so time to chime back in with my great results.

Past bad knees and repairs, now 20lbs overweight and not as active as I used to be. Was barely able to walk the dog 1 mile without terrible pain. Many days I had to bribe the wife to walk the dog (not an euphemism for anything ). Started daily application for the 1st week and immediately felt relief. After about 10 days, I was getting nauseous and googled CBD symptoms. Apparently too much can cause nausea. I backed off to using every other day, only a very small amount in three areas of each knee. I can now easily walk the dog loop and even tried a little jogging. No problems at all.

My conclusion: I believe my knees had internal swelling that the cream reduced, eliminating the pain. My first attempts were rubbing the cream on the front of the knee. I quickly found that if I rub it on what I think are the soft tissue spots, it seems to work better. For me, that is the back of the knee and the back part of each side of the knee. My theory is that the DMSO needs some tissue to transfer the CBD to (finance major and failed biology, but seems logical).

I ordered from the website and received my cream. It has already helped relieve soreness after skiing on my surgically repaired knee. I’ll be ordering again.

Thank you Splat for your communication and kindness.

Wow, dude. That's awesome. Thanks for reporting on it how it's working for you!

Got my batch the first of the week. what's the protocol here? Just smear some on and leave it alone or do you massage it in a bit after the smear?

I'm lathering up an creaky elbow in case that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Got my batch the first of the week. what's the protocol here? Just smear some on and leave it alone or do you massage it in a bit after the smear?

I'm lathering up an creaky elbow in case that matters.
    Rub it in where it hurts. Rub it in all the way around the joint.
    Check back in with yourself in 10-15 minutes and see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Rub it in where it hurts. Rub it in all the way around the joint.
    Check back in with yourself in 10-15 minutes and see how it feels.
    I'm rubbin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I'm rubbin'.
    Careful or you’ll go blind...

Just a heads up on ordering - I put a coupon code on the cdbnowcream.com website for y'all. I'll eventually have all sales there. Much easier to calculate taxes and shipping on each order, which is a relief cause I ate the taxes from sales here. Even though I had peeps mark 'Donation' on the Paypal transactions that was a protective legality my attorney wanted me to do until FDA things settled out on CBD sales. In Nevada, clubs have pot parties and people are allowed to 'give' people weed for 'donations' and its legal. Or they buy a $75 tee shirt and they get a free half ounce.

So you guys can still order as you have or you can order from the website using the coupon codes MAG for the small jars or BIGMAG for the large jars. The site will add $5 for shipping which will be the same price as what I've been doing. But it will add taxes to make it easier on the accountant. If you want to compare prices to other products on the market, you can check out this site: https://store.cannabis.net/collections/cbd-products/CBD
    Nothing on that site's store is even close to CBD NOW Cream in terms of both efficacy and price. Thanks.

Taxes and inventory is a hudge deal in the brewing industry. I can imagine it the same in pharmaceutical industry.
    watch out for snakes

The THC side of weed biz is extremely monitored with cradle to grave documentation or, as they say, seed to sale tracking, at every step. Not that bad on the CBD side if your product has no THC in it.

Good news for this year's crop of injured mags -

As of today, my jars of CBD NOW Cream have twice as much CBD in them as what's on the label (until I get new labels) because the price of CBD has decreased significantly and I'm passing the savings on to everyone in CBD pain relief so my product is even more outstanding. I am also adding MSM to the formula given recently acquired studies of it's efficacy. The 2.5 oz. jar now has 2000 mg of CBD and the 4.5 oz. jar now has 4000 mg. Anyone who has gotten relief from my cream can well imagine what this means.

Nice!
    watch out for snakes

I believe in Nevada.

Have you been able to ship to Canada?
    Man, It was great...

Can't see why I couldn't. Legal all the way.

Lots of peeps asking about it, so I'll repost the pertinent info again and save a lot of explaining in pm's -

I'm doing the 2.5 oz 2000mg at $65 shipped and the 5.5 oz 4000mg is $125 shipped.
    Paypal and Square on website. cbdnowcream.com
    You can also order using Square off the website www.cbdnowcream.com and use the discount coupon codes MAG for the small jar and BIGMAG for the big jar. This will give you the prices above.

Good news for this year's crop of injured mags -

My jars of CBD NOW Cream now have twice as much CBD in them as what's on the label (until I get new labels - I changed the old post above to reflect the new levels of CBD) because the price of CBD has decreased significantly and I'm passing the savings on to everyone in CBD pain relief so my product is even more outstanding. I am also adding MSM to the formula given recently acquired studies of it's efficacy. The 2.5 oz. jar now has 2000 mg of CBD and the 4.7 oz. jar now has 4000 mg. Anyone who has gotten relief from my cream can well imagine what this means.

just ordered. tried to order through cannabisnet. thankfully my card did not work. be sure to use cbdnowcream.
    hope this works. sitting here with slap tear. got cortisone shot couple of weeks ago. no longer helping. dreading surgery just put the last 4 months into getting in shape for this season. Mofro seems like a smart guy will go with his word on the DMSO.
    back in 1982 was climbing ice in Le Vining. Partner peeled on second pitch. went falling by me. I lowered him off. Had to drag him out by his ice tools. laid him out in the back of the wagon. Told me he would just rub on some DMSO and all would be good. I had never heard of it. Anyway next day he called me the next day to report two broken ankles. Never found out if the DMSO works.
    off your knees Louie

BFD - Are you in CO or AK as it says above?