Hey guys, I haven't found a ton of info on these outside of the blister reviews for the 2.0 and 4.0. I pulled the trigger on these because I got a good deal on them off craigslist new, for 250. These are just my impressions after 5 days of backcountry in and around the Wasatch. If anyone is interested I can update with more info later on in the spring as I am hoping to climb Mt Adams on them. A little about me: I am 5'11 and 185lbs and got the 184cm length. I mounted the primes on the recommended line with plum guides and my boots are the new Maestrales (orange ones not RS). I have been skiing about 20 years now, in high school getting about 50 days/season in southern Vermont, now in college can only get 20-30, been touring about 2 years now. I am not going to drive my tips the way racers will, and I ski from a more centered stance.
The blister review for the 2.0 lines up pretty well with my experiences for the most part (link: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...tion-prime-2-0). My first main impression is the tail is very hard to release. I think the tail is super stiff and super bitey, so they can be a lot of work to turn especially at low speeds. Anytime my form is off, or if I just want to make some gentle turns through some tight trees, I almost immediately am in danger of falling. While I think skiing them will probably make me a better skier, the tails are just so much work for tree skiing. And in slush/wet heavy snow, this problem is exacerbated and makes it hard to turn. Maybe this is just me not being a great skier though, so take this with a grain of salt. However, once I got used to the tails, I actually enjoyed skiing relatively fast on some shitty crud, and thought they handled pretty well on adverse backcountry conditions, at speed. The weird part is I found it easy to hop turn down steep couloirs and chutes on them, and they were super confidence inspiring on steep terrain. But if I wanted to slowly cruise down the apron after I found this to be nearly impossible. Also could not complain on conditions like an inch or two on top of suncrust. Here is where I disagree with blister: I think if you are looking for a spring touring ski to handle all the bad shit near the end of season, for me the prime is a good option, if you want to go fast. Carving down corn at speed on these was so much fun, and they felt very stable. I also skied some powder, about 8-12" tops, and while they did not float well, I don't think I could've expected much more from a 90mm waisted ski without a ton of rocker.
TLDR: good ski for shitty hard pack backcountry conditions, good for spring snow and corn, but maybe not so much with slush. Very grabby/bitey tail which can make it a chore to turn, but maybe you won't have this problem if you ski better than I do.