Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh noes! Vegans monetizing their veganism are getting caught eating a balanced diet

I had no idea such drama lurked there. https://www.thedailybeast.com/vegan-...diets?ref=home

In a Jan. 14 video titled “Why I’m No Longer Vegan,” YouTuber Bonny Rebecca set the tone for a mass of defections to come: rambling, half-hour-long videos in which the former herbivores apologize to their fans and breathlessly explain the health issues that caused them to start eating meat
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Vegans won't eat honey, but isn't it the same bees that pollinate our fruits and vegetables (that are actually fruit).
    Like, does harvesting honey actually hurt the bees?
    It's a stupid ideology.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Come to the meat side, we have bacon.

Practically speaking, vegans typically don't care about a little honey. And vegan + fish (which I realize isn't nearly vegan) is somewhat common these days. Two of the more prominent vegan health gurus, that is, on the medical side, Campbell and Ornish, are perfectly cool about adding in some occasional fish to an overall plant-based diet. This sort of thing is no more remarkable than to learn that some practicing Jews eat prawns once in a while.

Of course, this is really about YouTube stars targeting an interest segment without being the real deal that they claim to be. Adopting a persona to make a buck in the media biz, what else is new.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Adopting a persona to make a buck in the media biz, what else is new.
    Interesting that the new arbiter of 'taste' will be the algorithm someone at Google wrote to serve the most ads. The old way the gatekeepers at least pretended there was an artistic component to entertainment.

After serious discussion with vegan and veggie friends I've done some deep thinking on the subject of life, different levels of sentient beings, and the circle of life. I don't consider any life, bugs, plants, cows, dogs, cats, people any more or less sentient or civilized than any other being. Almost EVERY being either kills other beings or feeds off and gets life energy from other living beings or recently dead beings. Here's the thing I stopped on. The only category of beings that DON'T kill other living beings or overtly feed off recently dead other beings is PLANTS (except for a few exceptions like Venus fly traps and similar). Plants live off sunlight, water, and C02 mostly.. but do also require nutrients and minerals in the soil from recently dead life. Still it's PLANTS who are the farthest removed from killing or eating recently dead other living beings. So, how can folks justify killing plants over killing other beings and claim higher moral ground? I think it all boils down to some folks drawing a distinction between life they can look in the eyes of versus life they can't look in the eye
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If I was hungry enough, I would eat a vegan.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    If I was hungry enough, I would eat a vegan.
    And if they were hungry enough they'd eat you.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    And if they were hungry enough they'd eat you.
    If you cant eat animal protein that someone else killed, I suspect they would have a hard time eating a human.

Besides, in what every cannibalistic scenario we have entered, I suspect most vegans would have either died or abandon their values long before I am a potential menu item.

Meanwhile, I will be full bellied and strong willed... after cooking the neighbors puppy in my big green egg.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    If you cant eat animal protein that someone else killed, I suspect they would have a hard time eating a human.

Besides, in what every cannibalistic scenario we have entered, I suspect most vegans would have either died or abandon their values long before I am a potential menu item.

Meanwhile, I will be full bellied and strong willed... after cooking the neighbors puppy in my big green egg.
    You probably would have traded your big green egg to the 1% before your neighbors and their vegan puppy were on the menu.

You would be cooking them up on the grill off a rusted out 86 Honda civic that had opioid addicts living in it before you ate them, too.

After serious discussion with vegan and veggie friends I've done some deep thinking on the subject of life, different levels of sentient beings, and the circle of life. I don't consider any life, bugs, plants, cows, dogs, cats, people any more or less sentient or civilized than any other being. Almost EVERY being either kills other beings or feeds off and gets life energy from other living beings or recently dead beings. Here's the thing I stopped on. The only category of beings that DON'T kill other living beings or overtly feed off recently dead other beings is PLANTS (except for a few exceptions like Venus fly traps and similar). Plants live off sunlight, water, and C02 mostly.. but do also require nutrients and minerals in the soil from recently dead life. Still it's PLANTS who are the farthest removed from killing or eating recently dead other living beings. So, how can folks justify killing plants over killing other beings and claim higher moral ground? I think it all boils down to some folks drawing a distinction between life they can look in the eyes of versus life they can't look in the eye
    Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    You probably would have traded your big green egg to the 1% before your neighbors and their vegan puppy were on the menu.

You would be cooking them up on the grill off a rusted out 86 Honda civic that had opioid addicts living in it before you ate them, too.
    Good call.

Eating the addicts would serve double duty. Fill my belly and get me a narcotic buzz.

I won't be around very long at all, but I take solace that the largest TRex ever found, which was this week, the fucker was hudge, they named "Scotty".

Because, the 2 guys split a bottle of Scotch the night before.

Probably belongs in the cool science thread, but, ...evs.

Where are you going?

I was using geologic time. Thanks for the care.

Hey I was just checking.

I got it, right off. Thanks, Mang.

Maybe that wasn't the right choice of words. Oops again.

I really feel the love in this room. Makes me want to eat you both.

Chianti?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post

Dibs on the BGE.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Dibs on the BGE.
    if that civic has a clean car fax report , the BGE is yours!

Quote Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
    Interesting that the new arbiter of 'taste' will be the algorithm someone at Google wrote to serve the most ads. The old way the gatekeepers at least pretended there was an artistic component to entertainment.
    most fundamentalist religions are pretty low on the artistic component, and I think its more appropriate to look at the youtube algorithm driven rathole of conspiracy whackdoodlery and fundamentalism as the religious branch of the entertainment complex.

Plants are just as shitty to each other as animals are. They just do it so slowly that the animals don't notice. Plants employ full on mechanical, chemical, and biological warfare against each other competing for resources. They trick bacteria and animals to do their bidding, they rip and tear their enemies apart, they employ herbicides to defend and defeat competitors. Brutal fuckers those plants.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Plants are just as shitty to each other as animals are. They just do it so slowly that the animals don't notice. Plants employ full on mechanical, chemical, and biological warfare against each other competing for resources. They trick bacteria and animals to do their bidding, they rip and tear their enemies apart, they employ herbicides to defend and defeat competitors. Brutal fuckers those plants.
    OK then you have my permission to eat all the poison ivy you want!

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    The documentary “The Happening” covers this. Brutal fuckers.

I blame the poppy for the opioid epidemic. The poppy plant has killed more humans than probably any animal has killed humans (except humans, we love to kill humans)