Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Skinny Rx, #4 flex, 183 cm ordered. Yippee kiyay.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'm curious how they compare to Rxs, 'coz the heavy core, veneer, flex 4, 184 Freerides I bought two years ago beat the crap out of me.

Low tide around these parts usually means a healthy dose of bumps (at least if one is averse to groomers).
    The SND is really fun in those conditions. Hard to buy skinny sticks when you can get an Rx for the same price, but they justify themselves quickly. Piste Jib, 9Ds, 9D8s -- all fun for low tide days and more versatile than you might think on paper.

Anyone have any idea of what effect in weight reduction the various wood veneers have? Considering adding a #3 flex UL 179 Wootest in lieu of a CD104L or something...

(edit: obviously for bc use only, hence the conservative specs; I tour 100+ days/year)

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Anyone have any idea of what effect in weight reduction the various wood veneers have? Considering adding a #3 flex UL 179 Wootest in lieu of a CD104L or something...

(edit: obviously for bc use only, hence the conservative specs; I tour 100+ days/year)
    My shitty recollection says it's about 0.2 lb per pair.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Do Praxis skis measure true to length ala ON3P or shorter like a Moment/most ski brands? It depends on the ski obviously but say for a similar shape/use how would a 184 ON3P stack up lengthwise against a 187 Praxis?
    Shorter. It's the base length, so when you add curvature, the tip-to-tail straight pull measurement is less. My best guess is that you're looking at 0.5 to 1.5 cm less than the measured base length, depending on which ski you're talking about.

^ thanks... extrapolating from the weight chart then, a #3 179 UL Wootest something like 7.1-7.2lbs/pair, or 1610-1630g/ski, ish? (I did email them but I haven’t heard back yet and I’m bored and wanting an excuse to buy these)

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Do Praxis skis measure true to length ala ON3P or shorter like a Moment/most ski brands? It depends on the ski obviously but say for a similar shape/use how would a 184 ON3P stack up lengthwise against a 187 Praxis?
    Praxis Protests 192 on the left
    On3p Kartel 191 on the right
    You can see the On3p is a touch longer and true to length
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9203.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	280930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9204.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	280931

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    Praxis Protests 192 on the left
    On3p Kartel 191 on the right
    You can see the On3p is a touch longer and true to length
    Sweet thanks for the pics. Looks like in the longer lengths I can expect them to measure 1.5-2cm shorter than stated length, similar to Moments. Seems like the 192 and 187 Protest would stack up pretty evenly lengthwise with the 189 and 184 C&D respectively. Too many great skis out here these days....

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    this made my 100+ day lift served life chuckle
    told ya before but want to mention it again,
    your commitment to the uphill is damn impressive!
    He's logged more vert on skins than I have riding lifts. Mighty impressive indeed!

And yes, as far as Praxis lengths are concerned, they've tended to run about 1cm shorter (straight-pull) than the nominal length. One or two were 1.7cm shorter, although the EXPs I picked up from @grinch (173) measure 172.5.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

They do vary. My 174 steeples were pretty much the same length as my 177 concepts and that's with more splay tip and tail on the steeples

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

155 GPO ordered for the oldest gromette. Hoping she grows

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    155 GPO ordered for the oldest gromette. Hoping she grows

So many skis in my oversized, fat , bloated quiver and to date the GPO is by far one of my all time favorites... It is truly a Swiss Army knife...

Well done Dad and congrats to the new lucky owner...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

getting about ready to pull the trigger on some custom Wootests with a maple veneer. does anyone know if there are either higher res images of the topsheet options, or example pics of some skis with the newer topsheets?

I am torn between Blobs, Blue Gorge, Cubes, Crystals and Norway lol. Leaning toward Blue Gorge atm.

Best bet is checking Facebook albums.

Let's play a game:What Praxis am I?
    Skinnier Billy Goat?
    Lightweight, Skinny, ON3P Billy Goat (AKA Steeple)?
    Shorter (~169 cm), skinnier (~100cm), ON3P Billy Goat for a lady?

Fell in love with the BG this year, so now I'm looking for something for the wife, and something for myself to tour on. Since ON3P doesn't currently offer much in these areas, I figure Praxis might be next logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Best bet is checking Facebook albums.
    got impulsive and went with Cubes, Maple, UL core 3 flex Wootest... stoked!!

I'm torn between the Q and the GPO. I need to shit or get off the pot. I have a 181cm skinny Q (F3, heavy+carbon, veneer) that is set up as my touring ski currently, and I do really enjoy skiing it, but the nimble-ness of the GPO appeals to me quite a bit.

This might come down to a coin flip.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm torn between the Q and the GPO. I need to shit or get off the pot. I have a 181cm skinny Q (F3, heavy+carbon, veneer) that is set up as my touring ski currently, and I do really enjoy skiing it, but the nimble-ness of the GPO appeals to me quite a bit.

This might come down to a coin flip.
    What are you looking for... I have both 192 GPO and 194 Q and love both but two completely different skis... The GPO is def more nimble and to date is one of my all time favorite skis... It is truly a Swiss Army knife...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app