Chamonix first week in April?

I have a work trip to Annecy France the first week of April. My meetings are done on Tuesday. Does anyone here have an idea of what spring is like in Chamonix? Would it be worth driving over to ski a few days there, or would it be too icy in the morning, followed by about 1 good hour of corn, followed by slurpee snow in the afternoon? And if the skiing would be worth it can anyone recommend a good guide option?

Thanks for the help on this.
    Thanks Shane

Well, I am now leaving La Plagne/Les Arcs after a week, and conditions have been pretty nice after we had some snow last week at Val d'Isiere, but, it's been bright bluebird pretty much all week, and forecast is for the same with rising temps next week, so, there will be quick damage to the conditions. Expect spring conditions, for sure, unless you're lucky.
    Check out Glen Plake's Instagram feed, he's in Chamonix now, hiking high. Looks good.

Thanks Benny!
    Thanks Shane

Depending on what you're looking for it could be the best time of year there.

I'd highly Smart Mountain Guides.

Also a quick search will bring up a dozen or so similar threads asking for Chamonix guide recommendations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

check out snow for the euros. it's 15 years of ski